Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Melanie Griffith hosts pity party. Wants you to say mean stuff about her.

The lion would only give her fleas.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, she also let her sleep with a lion, which was worse?

WTF is this about?

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The lion would only give her fleas.
    Or, ya know, kill her.
    BITTER, idunno and rollo like this.

^^^Plus, they stink. I love the big cats, but there is a place for them and it's not in my house.

Or, ya know, kill her.
    I guess a case of Don Johnson's STD is preferable to death.

I would have been trying to sleep with Don Johnson at 14 hell I was 12 when I was lusting over him in Miami Vice come to think of it. Pretty sure my mother would have not let it happen though.

She's delusional. She probably would look just fine except she decided awful plastic surgery was the way to go.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    WTF is this about?
    Her mom was a little ummm...NUTS. She had/has some kind of big cat sanctuary and in the 70's decided to let one live with them to prepare for a movie they were making. Melanie (among others) was mauled by one of the lions during filming and required 50 stitches in the face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roar_(1981_film)

The Regretful Truth – Melanie Griffith And Her ‘Pet’ Lion |
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^^ holy shit (about the injuries)! but great pictures, love this one:

ConstanceSpry likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Elite Member

Fifty stitches in her face might explain something about the way she looks now (well, plus some bad plastic surgery). I think she looks fine in that first picture above, especially for a woman of 58. And her legs look great (although the toe pics are a little weird). I think it must be very hard to grow up in Hollywood with an actress/performer as a parent and feel like you have to compete with that. Look what it's done to Melanie Griffith, Tatum O'Neal, Chloe Lattanzi and, yes, Kim Kardashian.

Do lions use litter boxes?

Truck stop hooker. Will blow for meth.

Elite Member

From Wiki about making the movie Roar:

Over 70 of the cast and crew were injured during the production of this film. Cinematographer Jan de Bont had his scalp lifted by a lion, resulting in 220 stitches. Tippi Hedren received a fractured leg and also had scalp wounds. This occurred after an elephant bucked her off its back while she was riding it. She was also bitten in the neck by a lion and required 38 stitches. This incident can also be seen in the film. Melanie Griffith (Hedren's daughter) was also attacked, receiving 50 stitches to her face; it was feared she would lose an eye, but she recovered and was not disfigured.[4][5] Noel was attacked so many times that he eventually was diagnosed with gangrene. In one of those incidents, he was clawed by a cheetah when protecting the animals during a bushfire that occurred in 1979. All animals were evacuated though it took several years for him to recover from his injuries.[6] Due to the injuries, turnover was high as many did not want to return to the set. Some of the lions also suffered from illnesses that reduced their population.[7][8][9] John Marshall was bitten by one of the lions and required 56 stitches.[10] His brother Jerry was bitten in the foot while wearing tennis shoes. He later jokingly said the lion had a "tennis shoe fetish."[11] Assistant Director Doron Kauper had his throat bitten open, his jaw was bitten, and one of the lions attempted to rip an ear off. He was also injured in the head, chest, and thigh. Although it has been reported that the attack nearly proved fatal,[12] the Santa Cruz Sentinel on July 9, 1978 printed a quote from a nurse saying his injuries were acute. He was also reported as being conscious and in a fair condition.[13]

Cool! Where's the outtake reel?
    sluce and BITTER like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Sounds like a horrible idea for a movie, who was the genius who thought it would work? They're wild animals FFS.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Do lions use litter boxes?
    If you saw what was waiting for me when I went to change the litter boxes this morning you'd think the answer was yes...

As for the mauling, don't get me wrong, I love cats of all shapes and sizes but I would never, ever consider living in close quarters with something like a lion or a tiger. I've been on the receiving end of some pretty nasty bites and scratches from my tribe of domestic cats while breaking up fights, been snuggling with a cat that got startled or when playtime has got a little rough and I don't want to find out how much more damage could come from a cat the size of a small pony. Yes, the big cats purr and rub and play just like a domestic moggy but their sheer size and strength of them means that it'll take more than some antiseptic cream and a sticking plaster if one of them decides to be pissed off about something.
    BITTER, ConstanceSpry and mostroop like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Tippi was scared of birds being thrown at her but she had no problems letting lions live in her house with her child.
    Jazzy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information