Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree1813Likes

Thread: Meghan Markle Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Prince Harry

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    So, not sunshine and kittens, I'm guessing?
    More like rainstorms and puppies.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    I really wanted to like Meghan but over time I came to dislike her . First it was the pre wedding PR that turned her into Saint Diana 2.0 , then came the wedding which I found rather emotionally lacking because it looked like they were going more for optics (look we're modern and diverse) than for substance and to me it felt like they as a couple were missing from their own wedding . But what truly did it for me was the big tour . I overdosed on Meghan and Harry clinging to each other and Meghan clutching her then non existing bump all the time . Nothing against PDA but this was work trip and not their honeymoon . Now Meghan is sort of like nails on a chalkboard for me .
    Agree.

I was over Meghan after the Australian tour. To me, she only cares about fame, meeting celebrities and portraying a 'fake' image that she is a humanitarian.

I'm over seeing photos of her holding her bump every second. Attention seeker.

I'm curious to see how the Royals manage her and if we hear of anymore leaks.

I am curious if this entire marriage plays out in a Princess Diana type of fate regarding this lost soul Markle

A*O

I don’t think they will be able to manage her because she clearly doesn’t know how to comport herself and doesn’t want to learn. Her husband should be instrumental in guiding her but she’s shagged him into submission and he’s already said that what Megan wants, she gets. I know a lot of the negative coverage is rumour and salacious speculation, but there’s no smoke without fire and I’m pretty sure a lot of it is based on fact. Madam Meg is causing a LOT of trouble behind the scenes. As a precious first time mother who can do whatever she wants I bet she’s insufferable.
    arie_skop likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I just saw i pissed of nickydrew and i also understand i might use words or sayings that i cannot fully realize the meaning of and how they might affect posters.I am not American,i dont live there and my interaction is mostly this board and whatever i read.So,my using the race card thing was not an insult to people of race.I am far from racist myself and i do not understand why i could be branded one.I ve been trying not to insult anybody and if i misused a phrase ,i am sorry and i apologize.This is a honest post,and i d like people to understand my post.On the other hand,there was a member who told me to fuck off a while ago.Maybe the Trump impact is strong.If you dont agree with me,you are against me and if you say a person of color is not perfect you are a racist...
    Last edited by effie2; December 11th, 2018 at 01:19 PM.
    redcat, greysfang, Trixie and 4 others like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I think she comes across as phony because she IS a phony, at least for now. In the sense this role is new to her so she's faking it until she makes it. So maybe that's why she comes across as fake. Or it could very well be that she just is a phony, who knows. Do I get the award for most uses of the word phony in one post?

I don't think anyone posting here is a racist. But it's a fact that there's a shitload of folks out there who are, as evidenced by the comments sections if you go to all these sites where the articles originate. And don't think these news outlets (especially the trashy ones) don't use that to their advantage. They don't care who reads their shit as long as they're getting read.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I just saw i pissed of nickydrew and i also understand i might use words or saying that i cannot fully realize the meaning and how they might affect posters.I am not American,i dont live there and my interaction is mostly this board and whatever i read.So,i using the race card thing was not an insult to people of race.I am far from racist myself and i do not understand why i could be branded one.I ve been trying not to insult anybody and if i misused a phrase ,i am sorry and i apologize.This is a honest post,and i d like people to understand my post.On the other hand,there was a member who told me to fuck off a while ago.Maybe the Trump inpact is strong.If you dont agree with me,you are against me and if you say a person of color is not perfect you are a racist...
    I don't think anyone thinks that you are actually racist. It's just the use of 'race card,' because of the way the term gets used.

Apologies if this is confusing:
    If Person A suspects that some slight has been made because of race and points it out,
    but Person B says that Person A just pulled the 'race card,'
    Person B has just dismissed Person A's concerns as nothing - at best - or as trying to stir up trouble.

There is, understandably, a lot of emotion surrounding the subject.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

That's it, exactly. It comes across as dismissive. Not just about race, either.

Comments are also patronizing. Like the precious first-time mother thing. Again, it dismissively presumes the worst based on little more than speculation because some people have already decided they just don't like her.

How often do we see that dynamic? In-laws are nasty to a woman that just married into their family because she's different from them, an outsider to their perceived group, or "not good enough." There's no winning there, especially when docile compliance is expected as if this were a hundred+ years ago when women had no agency. She had to fall in line, take whatever horrible treatment and accept being maligned because that's what she signed up for by marrying whoever.

Just because it's royal tradition doesn't make that ok.

I mean, good luck with that in this day and age.

i am not saying she must do whatever they ask like women did in the past,be it the royals or whatever!i am just saying she knew what she was getting,an almost 40 yo woman of the world and if she didnt then she is an idiot,since we ALL did and we were not marrying any prince.She knew,she wanted the fairy tale wedding ,the fame,the curtsies ,the money,the court,the people running after them ,the high society friends she craved BUT she also wants her own agenda ..she is a kept woman,the RF owns her and the Brits can talk shit about her attitude because they fund her luxurious lifestyle to represent the Royals.The honest thing to do,if she is a real feminist,is take her hubby and his millions ,move to another country and devote her life to her family and causes..That i call a breath of fresh air and a revolution..
    A*O, greysfang, dexter7 and 3 others like this.

Sayings Brits can talk trash about her and dictate how she behaves because their taxes pay her lifestyle is like saying a husband can talk trash about his wife and dictate to her because he’s paying the bills...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

no,the husband is not paying the wife wages,even if the wife does not work outside the house!they are a unit,they both offer their home what it takes to run smoothly!If on the other hand you WORK for a company,you must follow some rules,right?you are working.WORKING royals are working.There are rules they work under so they,ll get their money.Has nothing to do with marriages or partnerships..this is business.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I just saw i pissed of nickydrew and i also understand i might use words or sayings that i cannot fully realize the meaning of and how they might affect posters.I am not American,i dont live there and my interaction is mostly this board and whatever i read.So,my using the race card thing was not an insult to people of race.I am far from racist myself and i do not understand why i could be branded one.I ve been trying not to insult anybody and if i misused a phrase ,i am sorry and i apologize.This is a honest post,and i d like people to understand my post.On the other hand,there was a member who told me to fuck off a while ago.Maybe the Trump impact is strong.If you dont agree with me,you are against me and if you say a person of color is not perfect you are a racist...

We know you're not racist, effie. I did not get upset at your use of the phrase "pulling the race card" because I know you don't know all of the social ramifications of that phrase. And it is definitely not a phrase that should be thrown around.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    We know you're not racist, effie.
    Coming out of lurkdom to day yes, she is a racist. Did you see what she said about the Williams sisters? And no apologies, just a weak claim that it's a language thing, but stridently stuck to her views with no regrets.

I left this board for a long time because of racism, and haven't posted in AH for years because you all decided it was easier to ignore the racism than to face it. Telling yourselves that when a poster you all like repeatedly says racist things, somehow it's just a misunderstanding because you don't want to believe they really are.

I'm shaking my head at the way everyone is rushing to make excuses for it, again.
    stella blue likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

thank you,girls,i am glad you understand my meaning!i ll avoid using anything i am not sure about in the future,because i do not want to cause any upset or hurt!ok,edited to thank faithanne for being honest and call ME a racist at my all of 72 years of age,after posting in here for decades ,after having in my house posters of color of this board who know me personally..i wont go on,really,i dont have to defend myself,i dont own anybody anything.If i am well liked it means i ve been a good human being all these years and not that posters are blinded by my beauty!So,my being Greek and not of the same culture as you are,or not being as fluent in your language is an excuse..I wont catch any of you doing my lingo as i do yours,with any mistakes i might make.I wont be driven away because a person believes i am racist.Racism can be name calling when your opinion is different than mine..
    Last edited by effie2; December 11th, 2018 at 02:32 PM.
    dexter7 likes this.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information