Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 539
Like Tree1813Likes

Thread: Meghan Markle Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Prince Harry

  1. #106
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,549

    Default

    They did rush into it and now they have to live with the consequences. There’s a LOT of baggage attached to that glittering HRH prize and it takes time to learn all the history, protocol and “ how we do things”, especially for a forner who’s never had royal tradition woven into the fabric of their life until now. Even Kate, who was born and raised to stalk and pounce on William, found royal life a challenge and made mistakes but she learned and now I’d say she’s a fully assimilated royal. Ditto Sophie Wessex. Fergie never got the memo.

    I think MM was naive enough to believe the happy ever after princess fairytale and had no idea about what’s actually involved. She could get a lot of useful help and advice from Kate on all this but it seems there is a certain froideur between them so MM is flopping around like a fish out of water. Her devoted but deeply dumb husband will be no use whatsoever. He has this royalty stuff embedded in his DNA and would have no idea how to explain any of it.

    Maybe she could start by showing a little more humility, admit she needs help and is willing to learn even if she doesn’t like or agree with it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  2. #107
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,913

    Default

    A co-worker's best friend served with Harry in the military. She told my co-worker that he was dumb as a rock and that she never wanted to be in a risky situation with him.
    Trixie likes this.

  3. #108
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    29,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    But she isn't from the moneyed and titled classes, so she must be some money-grubbing social climber. Let's sneer at her parents' business! Let's bring up that her mother was once a flight attendant and mock her for that. Why won't these people stay on their lower social tier where they belong?

    The Mail will also clutch pearls over class.
    And the fact that Kate (who for all their differences has way more in common with Will than Meg with Harry) had to take all this BS for years means there's no telling what we're in for seeing when it comes to Meg. Especially from the racist, classist rags. They're certainly in love with giving her trashy fam a fuckload of attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Maybe she could start by showing a little more humility, admit she needs help and is willing to learn even if she doesn’t like or agree with it.
    And how do we know she hasn't? All we really know is what the mags spin. Or sometimes make up entirely.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  4. #109
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    A co-worker's best friend served with Harry in the military. She told my co-worker that he was dumb as a rock and that she never wanted to be in a risky situation with him.
    He was also fast-tracked through a lot of his military training including his much lauded Apache helicopter gunship pilot course. It takes mere mortals several months of hard work and even then many of them don’t make the grade. Harry did it in a few weeks and easily passed we were told. He then left the army altogether because his high profile made him a special target and a liability to his fellow officers and men. I can understand that and he has channeled his efforts into the worthy Invictus Games but I doubt that keeps him busy enough. So he’s just another royal in that respect. He’s a total manchild so perhaps we should be thanking MM for being willing to be his surrogate mother and keeping him out of trouble. He still has that wild streak waiting to burst out.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  5. #110
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    29,686

    Default

    I can certainly buy the Harry-is-a-dumbass stories with way less skepticism because he's had years of providing us ample proof.
    twitchy2.0, sputnik, yanna and 3 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  6. #111
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    44,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    But she isn't from the moneyed and titled classes, so she must be some money-grubbing social climber. Let's sneer at her parents' business! Let's bring up that her mother was once a flight attendant and mock her for that. Why won't these people stay on their lower social tier where they belong?

    The Mail will also clutch pearls over class.
    Which is ironic given that the Daily Fail and it’s “readers” have none.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    A co-worker's best friend served with Harry in the military. She told my co-worker that he was dumb as a rock and that she never wanted to be in a risky situation with him.
    Well no-one with a brain would want to be in a risky situation with him since he had a target on his back.
    Plus the general public don’t seem to realise that his protection officers also went with him when he was abroad with the army...
    I used to know someone who’s rank meant he “body-guarded” (for want of a better way to put it) his (senior) CO and I can’t repeat when he said about him (Harry) & the situation.

  7. #112
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    57,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I can’t repeat when he said about him
    So, not sunshine and kittens, I'm guessing?
    Novice likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  8. #113
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,549

    Default

    Yes you can. Change the names to protect the guilty. We’re already slagging Hazza off. I doubt there’s anything we haven’t already figured out.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  9. #114
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    29,686

    Default

    Well they have to find some way to make these younger RF men feel useful. While still "manly"

    But yeah, I imagine some real servicemen find it semi-annoying to have to deal with this. I mean, didn't they have to basically kick Harry out because having him around and letting him learn to fly shit and pretending to be involved was fucking up the security of operations?

    Didn't they have to do this same shit with sulky Phillip as a younger man because he resented having to play second fiddle to his wife?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #115
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    The link is to her sexy grilling video for men's health. I mentioned it in another thread, but I'm not good at posting videos and stuff, just links.


    https://vimeo.com/71461172

    It fascinates me that a girl so thirsty for fame became a proper duchess.

    And, to keep on topic, when I look at her, I don't see color, I see an interesting woman who is making headlines, and is an American. Kind of fun for the average gossip monger.
    bootspaige and redcat like this.

  11. #116
    Elite Member NickiDrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    time for the race card to come up!of course there are some people having issues with harry marrying a half black bride!That is normal.Racist assholes all over..BUT the majority of people do not like her because of her character,me included.I ve heard her stating she didnt know a thing about Harry before that blind date..Who believes crap like this?And that tv interview with the ring on her finger?Stupid Harry drooling all over and hr eyes darting here and there!She is lying and a fake,just like jolie..
    Did you just use the term race card?

    Wow. Just wow. I’m done with this thread. That was a gross comment and not one I would associate with the people who generally post on this forum. I’m
    stella blue, sluce and Lalasnake like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

  12. #117
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,549

    Default

    To be fair, it must be very frustrating to be denied the chance of a meaningful military career because of your status as a royal high security risk. But harry’s “Front line active service” was nothing of the sort as he had his own personal protection squad and if things started to look too dangerous he was whisked away asap while his troops stayed to fight. They must have resented that.
    redcat likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  13. #118
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    20,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    No, that's how long it took for Wills to marry her! A lot of people still haven't come round to Kate but she's learned to live with it.

    In Meghan's case, SHE has to change. The way she is (or the persona which is coming across) is not going to have the luxury of ten years.
    I think the only reason Kate is getting less flack is because the professional sneerers have got a fresher, bigger target to aim at. The knives were still well and truly out for her when her third pregnancy was announced, with the usual infestation of dickheads in the DM comments screaming that it was yet more proof of her laziness (because being so ill with morning sickness that you end up hospitalised is waaaay easier than shaking some hands at a gala...). The u-turn only happened when Harry and Meghan announced their engagement and now you'd think Kate was born a Duchess.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  14. #119
    Gold Member mella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    I really wanted to like Meghan but over time I came to dislike her . First it was the pre wedding PR that turned her into Saint Diana 2.0 , then came the wedding which I found rather emotionally lacking because it looked like they were going more for optics (look we're modern and diverse) than for substance and to me it felt like they as a couple were missing from their own wedding . But what truly did it for me was the big tour . I overdosed on Meghan and Harry clinging to each other and Meghan clutching her then non existing bump all the time . Nothing against PDA but this was work trip and not their honeymoon . Now Meghan is sort of like nails on a chalkboard for me .
    Icepik, A*O, emkat and 1 others like this.

  15. #120
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    I really wanted to like Meghan but over time I came to dislike her . First it was the pre wedding PR that turned her into Saint Diana 2.0 , then came the wedding which I found rather emotionally lacking because it looked like they were going more for optics (look we're modern and diverse) than for substance and to me it felt like they as a couple were missing from their own wedding . But what truly did it for me was the big tour . I overdosed on Meghan and Harry clinging to each other and Meghan clutching her then non existing bump all the time . Nothing against PDA but this was work trip and not their honeymoon . Now Meghan is sort of like nails on a chalkboard for me .
    This. All this.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Prince Harry & Meghan Markle in Jason Wu
    By dowcat in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: September 8th, 2018, 07:24 AM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: May 24th, 2018, 04:51 PM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: March 18th, 2018, 01:01 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 1st, 2018, 02:41 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: January 5th, 2018, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •