Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree1813Likes

Thread: Meghan Markle Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Prince Harry

When they first got together and Harry was wetting his pants that she will leave him because the media disrespect her,he had no problem issuing a manifesto demanding the.ll shut up and he also hinted at racist comments..that is when i knew he was done!!!!!!!!!!!
    bootspaige likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Sorry, but the racism from from the Brits is pretty obvious. The headlines about her and her mom before the wedding were very telling. I donít know if theyíre jealous, but I see some US level racism in the press coverage about her and it started when it was only rumored that they were dating. Itís rather sad. No one can say the US is the only country with racial issues. At least we donít try to hide ours. Itís out there. Itís in the UK too, obviously. Itís not a surprise, really. The US is far more diverse than the UK and weíre still a hot mess with race relations.
    You can call it whatever you want - American, culture, etc., and some of that is certainly true, but anyone who doesn't see racism rearing it's ugly, bloated head has stuffed their own head in sand. Meghan does a cookbook with the women of Grenfell and the comments are vile - "Why doesn't she do a cookbook with British women and British food." "POC like being with each other, so why is it so wrong for white women to want to be around other whites?" These comments are supposedly moderated - hah! The DM and the Sun and other Brit rags present their headlines and write their stories to bring on this rancid hatred, because it's click bait. The other day their was a photo of Meg looking quite a bit further along, and most of the comments were hateful, but a few were vile - commenting on the 'breeding record' of Meghan (as if she were cattle/slave), and the color and texture of the baby's hair - with words that might actually trigger moderation spelled to bypass that trigger, i.e., "Ginger N*A*P*P*Y* baby." It's so depressing - I've decided to just avoid comments for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    I don't think Meghan fully understood the Royals before dating Harry and how the monarchy works. She was probably expecting a rich lavish lifestyle, attending fancy parties and wearing tiaras. The Royals aren't going to change for anyone, we need to respect and understand their history and tradition. MM needs to listen to the advisers and respect the staff.
    See, I don't think Meg was as excited about the fancy parties and tiaras. She had, before Harry, started to build her resume as an activist. I think she began to relish her higher profile, (as an actress) because it gave her the visibility and opportunity to 'change the world,' 'make a difference,' etc. I think that's the role she really wanted, and then, 'bibbelty, bobblety, boop!' here comes Harry - and he's charming, and vulnerable, and just a little needy, and... he has a fricking global reach. Of course she fell in love - and how could he resist her - just enough of an outlier to satisfy his rebellious streak.

I don't think Meg thought it was a meal ticket - she's a hard worker by nature. Meghan Markle wants to change the world, but she should have married a politician if her plan was a revolution of human rights, feminism, etc. Meghan may have looked at Diana's powerful impact on the fights against AIDS and landmines, but wasn't that after she lost the HRH? Anyway, I think Meghan wanted to charge ahead on very worthy causes, but the Royal Family doesn't charge. The Royal Family moves in glacial increments only. She still has the opportunity to use her position for good, but she needs to slow down and learn the rules of the club she has joined first - then, if she takes the time to learn those rules, to truly understand why those rules are in place, she has the very real opportunity to make a huge positive difference in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I intend to do no such thing. They're a bunch of pointless walking anachronisms who contribute nothing to society but a good hat show every now and then.
    I prefer their Royal Fascinators to our Kardashian Asshats.

Sorry, sorry, sorry for double post, but it's not letting me edit and there is a 'their' that should be a 'there' and my tiny spelling bee brain is imploding.
    bootspaige likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    You can call it whatever you want - American, culture, etc., and some of that is certainly true, but anyone who doesn't see racism rearing it's ugly, bloated head has stuffed their own head in sand. Meghan does a cookbook with the women of Grenfell and the comments are vile - "Why doesn't she do a cookbook with British women and British food." "POC like being with each other, so why is it so wrong for white women to want to be around other whites?" These comments are supposedly moderated - hah! The DM and the Sun and other Brit rags present their headlines and write their stories to bring on this rancid hatred, because it's click bait. The other day their was a photo of Meg looking quite a bit further along, and most of the comments were hateful, but a few were vile - commenting on the 'breeding record' of Meghan (as if she were cattle/slave), and the color and texture of the baby's hair - with words that might actually trigger moderation spelled to bypass that trigger, i.e., "Ginger N*A*P*P*Y* baby." It's so depressing - I've decided to just avoid comments for a while.

See, I don't think Meg was as excited about the fancy parties and tiaras. She had, before Harry, started to build her resume as an activist. I think she began to relish her higher profile, (as an actress) because it gave her the visibility and opportunity to 'change the world,' 'make a difference,' etc. I think that's the role she really wanted, and then, 'bibbelty, bobblety, boop!' here comes Harry - and he's charming, and vulnerable, and just a little needy, and... he has a fricking global reach. Of course she fell in love - and how could he resist her - just enough of an outlier to satisfy his rebellious streak.

I don't think Meg thought it was a meal ticket - she's a hard worker by nature. Meghan Markle wants to change the world, but she should have married a politician if her plan was a revolution of human rights, feminism, etc. Meghan may have looked at Diana's powerful impact on the fights against AIDS and landmines, but wasn't that after she lost the HRH? Anyway, I think Meghan wanted to charge ahead on very worthy causes, but the Royal Family doesn't charge. The Royal Family moves in glacial increments only. She still has the opportunity to use her position for good, but she needs to slow down and learn the rules of the club she has joined first - then, if she takes the time to learn those rules, to truly understand why those rules are in place, she has the very real opportunity to make a huge positive difference in this world.

I prefer their Royal Fascinators to our Kardashian Asshats.

I saw a post on Twitter awhile back about Meghan that referred to her as "it". I no longer read any tweets about her or stories on the DM about her. The comments about her hair are particularly curious. She is a biracial woman with naturally curly hair. She uses Keratin treatments or a Brazilian Blowout to straighten it. So what. She's not trying to be white by doing that. I don't get people that police her hair.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Why are we debating what other people think? It's what GR thinks that counts! Has she turned into a saint or something?
    A*O, effie2, bootspaige and 1 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I feel so much better knowing Duchess is out to change the world!Our future will be so secure in her hands!Because she is this heroic,unselfish creature who does not care about money and fame and she just have the people,s interest in her heart...I am afraid i ll be accused as racist again,just because i am not buying her manipulative crap!and for the record,she doesnt even look black to me!
    Labelwhore likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Why are we debating what other people think? It's what GR thinks that counts! Has she turned into a saint or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I feel so much better knowing Duchess is out to change the world!Our future will be so secure in her hands!Because she is this heroic,unselfish creature who does not care about money and fame and she just have the people,s interest in her heart...I am afraid i ll be accused as racist again,just because i am not buying her manipulative crap!and for the record,she doesnt even look black to me!
    She's certainly not a saint. I bet she's a bitch on wheels to work for or with, and the activist persona is what, in my opinion, appeals to the narcissist in her.

Effie - I didn't say (or think) you are a racist - I just feel there are a lot of racist feeling against her. Doesn't mean she's not a manipulator, or selfish - sometimes those traits accomplish more than so-called 'nice' traits.

If Harry really loves her, he'll start showing her how to get on instead of trying to bludgeon a path of certain failure.
    effie2 and twitchy2.0 like this.

I tried doing a their-ectomy but the board is being a bitch.
    lindsaywhit and sputnik like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I am an equal opportunity Royal's hater. I have never liked the royal family and never will. Race has jack shit to do with why I personally don't like their spoiled-on-the-tax-payer-dime-for-doing-nothing-asses. And no, being trotted out to do "charity" events once in a while does not mean these folks should be living in the lap of luxury. Can't stand them.
    effie2 and Lalasnake like this.

In other words, she needs to slow her roll a tad.

Because she's annoying as fuck, true. Just cause low key racists are always gonna take more pleasure in her faults doesn't mean they don't exist.

I personally think things moved awfully fast between these two, and that's part of the problem. Give her about 10 more years of taking shit (like Kate had to before she and Will got hitched) and she'll either find her place or say fuck them all and be outta there.
    rollo, effie2, lindsaywhit and 3 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^ It needn't take ten years if she's smart. We'll see.

It has nothing to do with her being smart. That's literally how long it took people to come around to Kate. And she's a white Brit who went to school with Wills.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

No, that's how long it took for Wills to marry her! A lot of people still haven't come round to Kate but she's learned to live with it.

In Meghan's case, SHE has to change. The way she is (or the persona which is coming across) is not going to have the luxury of ten years.

Good point. I don't envy the position she's in. Or the fact that she didn't have ten years to consider everything she was signing up for. I really have a feeling she's potentially in for feeling more misery and isolation if she doesn't carve out a niche. And find a way to do it without pissing too many people off in stuffyville. She has her work cut out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    And she's a white Brit who went to school with Wills.
    But she isn't from the moneyed and titled classes, so she must be some money-grubbing social climber. Let's sneer at her parents' business! Let's bring up that her mother was once a flight attendant and mock her for that. Why won't these people stay on their lower social tier where they belong?

The Mail will also clutch pearls over class.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information