Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree1813Likes

Thread: Meghan Markle Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Prince Harry

A*O

Her life is very different now, more than she probably realised when she set her eyes on the prize. She just needs to calmly listen to advice, pull her head in and take stock of her options instead of flouncing like a diva. It may not be her intention but that’s how it appears to the uptight (xenophobic, racist, jellus, hater, blah, blah) Brits who pay her bills.

And Frogmore Cottage is no gift. Yes, it’s very private; it’s the site of the royal burial grounds so lots of tombs and mausoleums scattered around. It’s directly under the busy flightpath at nearby Heathrow airport and even Meg won’t be able to ask the planes to divert if they are keeping the baby awake. The whole place is just creepy and depressing.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

No wonder they all looked so grumpy at their wedding .

Sorry, but the racism from from the Brits is pretty obvious. The headlines about her and her mom before the wedding were very telling. I donít know if theyíre jealous, but I see some US level racism in the press coverage about her and it started when it was only rumored that they were dating. Itís rather sad. No one can say the US is the only country with racial issues. At least we donít try to hide ours. Itís out there. Itís in the UK too, obviously. Itís not a surprise, really. The US is far more diverse than the UK and weíre still a hot mess with race relations.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Her life is very different now, more than she probably realised when she set her eyes on the prize. She just needs to calmly listen to advice, pull her head in and take stock of her options instead of flouncing like a diva. It may not be her intention but that’s how it appears to the uptight (xenophobic, racist, jellus, hater, blah, blah) Brits who pay her bills.

And Frogmore Cottage is no gift. Yes, it’s very private; it’s the site of the royal burial grounds so lots of tombs and mausoleums scattered around. It’s directly under the busy flightpath at nearby Heathrow airport and even Meg won’t be able to ask the planes to divert if they are keeping the baby awake. The whole place is just creepy and depressing.
    The house itself looks like a mausoleum. Definitely not a place I would want to live at all.

A*O

Her race isn’t the issue here. Her nationality is. Americans have trouble grasping ancient and entrenched “quaint/stupid” British customs and attitudes, especially towards and about royalty. This whole thread proves it. I hope she receives and listens to advice and figures it out eventually or it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
    Labelwhore and Mrs P like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Luckily she also happens to be American so people can act like there's no hint of racism at play here. But come on. Brits can put on the dog like they're above this shit, but we all know better.
    HWBL, needmeds, weathered1 and 8 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

There's racism all over the world and different nationalities too of course. I think the problem is her personality and strong character and possibly misunderstanding Harry's status and therefore her own status. It's not entirely her fault but as everyone keeps saying, she'll have to make adjustments to survive.
    A*O and MsDark like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I don't think Meghan fully understood the Royals before dating Harry and how the monarchy works. She was probably expecting a rich lavish lifestyle, attending fancy parties and wearing tiaras. The Royals aren't going to change for anyone, we need to respect and understand their history and tradition. MM needs to listen to the advisers and respect the staff.
    rollo, Sarzy and A*O like this.

I read the articles about Diva Meghan and there is no there, there. It's all "rumor has it" and "inside source" but even then (if we take that as legit leaks as us gossips like to do) they don't say anything. Meghan asked for air fresheners? Meghan checked out the hospital and is concerned about a low cleanliness rating? Kate hasn't warmed to Meghan? Harry dotes on Meghan?

None of this tells me anything. I don't see what you all are seeing.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    we need to respect
    I intend to do no such thing. They're a bunch of pointless walking anachronisms who contribute nothing to society but a good hat show every now and then.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I read the articles about Diva Meghan and there is no there, there. It's all "rumor has it" and "inside source" but even then (if we take that as legit leaks as us gossips like to do) they don't say anything. Meghan asked for air fresheners? Meghan checked out the hospital and is concerned about a low cleanliness rating? Kate hasn't warmed to Meghan? Harry dotes on Meghan?

None of this tells me anything. I don't see what you all are seeing.
    Those are just four of the approximately 20 examples we've had so far. Meghan wanted a better tiara, Meghan made some staff leave, Meghan issues orders at 5am, William voiced his doubts about her. They don't all come from the same source and they are not all made up as the ORIGINAL newspapers (not the copycats) would have checked their sources. No one in the RF, not even Harry, is denying them or issuing writs as far as I can see.

Can't we just agree that she is having problems settling into her new country and not just because of the whispers about her? It would be unrealistic to think she is not making mistakes. All newbie royals have had problems. She's under the microscope because of the explosion of social media and the fast-tracked way she joined one of the most famous families in the world. It is inevitable really which is why no one else wanted the job.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

i don 't get the 5am thing for certain - she has said she is an early riser and starts brainstorming and gathering plans/ ideas while things are quiet. This is not uncommon! Unless she has a morning deadline on said tasks, i think it is an assumption that this is over-stepping. i know execs that put a "delayed- send" on their email outbox to prevent the perception that they are always working with an implied expectation of their teams, but not that the deadlines are unrealistic. just saying - that one seems weak without more data. Could all of this be to help pave the way for Cambridge to "rule" and further establish their legitamacy with perfect scores and soften the fame of Sussex somehow?

Just some of the articles about the racism in the UK regarding Meghan:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...32?pfmredir=sm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8224561.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/meghan...blem-1.4665236

https://www.trtworld.com/europe/megh...h-racism-17669

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/m...racism-n825516

Let’s not forget when the Daily Mail stated that Meghan, who was a self made millionaire and college graduate, was “straight outta Compton.” Sure. No racism there. Her race had nothing to do with it, right? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Markles.html

To be clear, I think Meghan would get criticized no matter what. But the level of vitriol towards her is partially race-based and it’s really, really obvious. Again, we’re used to this stuff here and that’s maybe why it’s so clear. The Obamas were treated similarly.
    sputnik, twitchy2.0, Tati and 11 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

time for the race card to come up!of course there are some people having issues with harry marrying a half black bride!That is normal.Racist assholes all over..BUT the majority of people do not like her because of her character,me included.I ve heard her stating she didnt know a thing about Harry before that blind date..Who believes crap like this?And that tv interview with the ring on her finger?Stupid Harry drooling all over and hr eyes darting here and there!She is lying and a fake,just like jolie..
    A*O, Mivvi21 and Labelwhore like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    No one in the RF, not even Harry, is denying them or issuing writs as far as I can see.
    But that's pretty standard for the RF. Very rarely do they issue statements of denial or start throwing around lawsuits. They take the 'ignore and rise above it' attitude, which is what makes them such an easy target for the press.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information