Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree1813Likes

Thread: Meghan Markle Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Prince Harry

We live in a post-truth world.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

If one is posh isn’t it “faux news”???

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I think it’s just the tabloids being dramatic. But if it is true, maybe we’ll get some good gossip out of the royal family. There’s been nothing really juicy in ages lol
    seriously it’s a load of bollox, the rating is from the *Food Standards Agency* not the Care Commission; it is purely around the cleanliness of the food/kitchens etc of the Lido wing (private facility) of St Mary’s Hospital. It has *nothing* to do with a) the public hospital or b) the medical side of things.
    effie2, A*O, Shinola and 1 others like this.

A*O

I think Meg is the first woman needy Harry has actually loved (or thinks he does). His first serious relationship with durty gurl Chelsy Davy was basically a shagathon and she wasn’t interested in the restrictions a royal marriage would place on her life and legal career. Cressida Bonas was a rebound pretty ditz but they never had any chemistry. Meg The Minx has him wrapped around her finger, especially now she has an anchor baby on the way.

I hope the brothers can reach a compromise they can live and work with and I hope Meg tells manchild Harry to grow up.
    arie_skop likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Harry sounds like a immature brat who needs to grow up. William was probably right, the family didnt really know much about Meghan and the engagement happened so quickly.

Reports of a growing rift between the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Sussex have reached fever pitch in recent days.
    There have been countless articles quoting sources who claim Kate Middleton was “in tears” after a tense bridesmaid fitting with her daughter Princess Charlotte, 3, and Meghan Markle earlier this year, that Kate was left furious over the way Meghan was talking to her staff, and that Prince Harry had been unhappy with his brother, Prince William, last Christmas for refusing to “roll out the red carpet” for his new fiancee.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...080562ca185cd4

a grown up harry is not what the wife wants..there is no reason for her to help him mature..she can manipulate him easily now and as long as he plays romeo to her julliet,she can get most of what she wants...meanwhile,wills plays the bad cop and charles the good cop.back in the palace,the two fossils pull the strings...boy,this is fun!
    rollo likes this.

All these leaks are telling this couple that their place in the Family isn't determined by how cool, progressive, fun, even caring they are. Their place is determined by hundreds of years of tradition and a deep personal connection between the Monarch and the people of Great Britain. If Harry and Meghan continue to act out, and refuse to get in line and behave in a way that at least approaches respectful, they will be side-lined. It won't even be a contest.

Meg seems pretty savvy, and also seems the one in control. My guess is that she will take a deep breath and get control of herself. I'm hoping Doria will help with that, as she seems low key but quite influential.
    arie_skop, A*O, mella and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Edit to add: all snarkery aside, I think a lot of this is first time mother over-thinking and nerves. She doesn’t know what to expect and is probably terrified and therefore worrying unnecessarily. I know I did.

Yes, she’s getting negative press, but she could avoid a lot of it if she toned down the “grand” and showed a bit more noblesse oblige. It would go down much better with the British taxpayers who fund her lavish lifestyle. If she carries on like this it will end in tears. I’m sure she’s getting plenty of good advice but it seems she thinks she knows better. It’s behaviour like this that puts people’s backs up.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't due to her Americanism - many of DH's relatives initially thought I was assertive and opinionated, when in reality I was really just expressive. If the Royal Household isn't keen on an American marrying into The Family, they may be telling these stories with a bit of embellishment. Is she doing stuff wrong? Possibly. Will it all work out (as all things do, either good or bad), certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Harry sounds like a immature brat who needs to grow up. William was probably right, the family didnt really know much about Meghan and the engagement happened so quickly.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...080562ca185cd4
    I sincerley doubt that there wasnt a thorough investigation of who Megan was prior to any marriage proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't due to her Americanism - many of DH's relatives initially thought I was assertive and opinionated, when in reality I was really just expressive. If the Royal Household isn't keen on an American marrying into The Family, they may be telling these stories with a bit of embellishment. Is she doing stuff wrong? Possibly. Will it all work out (as all things do, either good or bad), certainly.
    Srly its just crap to sell newspapers. Megan isn't the only wife from over there, but at least Autumn Philips has the good taste to be Canadian, even if she was *Catholic*......

The royal family do not pay good wages despite all their wealth and the newspapers have near-bottomless pockets....

Can there really be all this smoke without some fire, some where? All this gossip is very intriguing to boring Americans like myself. I can't wait for the latest royal fashion pictures, just to look for tension.
    Novice and Daphodil like this.

Me too, can't wait to see the next group photo of the royals together! Big smiles!

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    Can there really be all this smoke without some fire, some where? All this gossip is very intriguing to boring Americans like myself. I can't wait for the latest royal fashion pictures, just to look for tension.
    Never boring Dex x
    dexter7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    Agree, these unflattering stories about her--and really it's too early or impossible to know how true they are--are clearly coming from those who simply don't like her for whatever irrelevant reason. She's American, she's manipulative, she's demanding, thinks she's above the RF traditions, etc. It's an outrageously biased view, sprinkled with xenophobia, racism, and a BOATLOAD of projection.

And the anchor baby comment was just plain offensive. Reproducing is practically part of the job of all royals really, so I don't see how having a baby is manipulative or negative connotation in that context.

There's no evidence that Doria has any influence. She's barely in the UK and she lived in LA while Meghan was in Canada. I think this is part of the trouble. Meghan is used to doing what she likes and in some ways, she has been pretty successful so far. Harry is an enabler, wanting to please her and there's nobody to put the brakes on although she could get a clue from the present situation. Perhaps she will calm down but I think the direction will have to come from the top of the RF and they would probably prefer not to do this because of past experiences with royal Windsor wives. However, they will act sooner rather than later this time and it seems some boundaries are being put up which she probably wasn't expecting.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Whatever is or isn't true, they sure are giving it to her very early on and whilst pregnant. I have no idea what she can or can't demand other than the food she wants to eat and what she wants to wear. If she pitched a fit about not wanting to live at Kensington, they sure gave her a booby prized house out in the burbs. She'll be sorry.

How one goes from a financially independent grown woman into that family, it's just hard to imagine. Projecting here, my brain says life would be over because I would no longer be free to do what I wanted to do. All that standing up straight, making sure my seams were straight, clothing smooth. Can she get in a car and go to a museum or shopping with the girls on the weekend? She must not have any new, local girlfriends. I cannot imagine spending all my time with Harry. Maybe she has some good magazine subscriptions.
    Daphodil, Labelwhore and Lalasnake like this.

but she didnt bargain for that!all those speeches about women,s rights,abuse ,education and presenting herself as a role model,the present day ,modern princess who will bring fresh air to the rusty rf..even a light touch of politics..she sure loves the spotlight and the show..i am sure harry cannot believe his luck having her as a wife...he beams and shines...until after the tour of hell and the grounding he got..very few parades ,pictures and speeches .Diana left her work unfinished and harry,s woman is here to do the job!problem is the powers know they cant afford to have a second diana in their hands.diana,s passing rocked the family and was the queen,s lowest point..they wont allow it to happen again.while it seems like kate married to the family and does the job as an obligation,seems happy to live far from the spotlight and with her family and friends.Harry,s wife seems like she married to the family for the fame,the prestige and the money!it really is an interesting story of human interactions in a world so different from ours but so very similar at the same time!
    rollo and BelledeJour like this.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information