Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1813Likes

Thread: Meghan Markle Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby with Prince Harry

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    well hopefully they clean up the hospital since then the peasants can benefit as well.

i'm actually surprised that more of you aren't appalled at the cleanliness rating.
    I’m sure people would feel differently if it was them giving birth. I don’t care how many royal babies have been born there. I wouldn’t risk it. Then again, I nearly died giving birth, so I’m paranoid. But of course Megan’s completely valid concerns means she’s just being obnoxious.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Silver Member

Well, now I'm curious. What are the hospitals like there for the general population that don't pay? I'm surprised that the hospital got such a low rating, but is the Lindo Wing kind of like flying first class, all fancy and roomy and everyone else is crammed into the back like sardines?
    I'd be concerned too if I was her, she's 37 and considered higher risk. My mother was the same age when she had me back in 1951 and ended up with high blood pressure for the rest of her life. I was her only child and she did live to 84 bless her.

I'm surprised that hospital had such a bad cleanliness rating! You'd think it would be a lot better than that. Private doesn't always mean better though.
    sparkles and Kittylady like this.

Filth is for poors. You'd think germs would just know to keep their place and not try to rise above their station and infect a private hospital.
    Cartermrc, Sarzy, sputnik and 6 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

A*O

Edit to add: all snarkery aside, I think a lot of this is first time mother over-thinking and nerves. She doesn’t know what to expect and is probably terrified and therefore worrying unnecessarily. I know I did.

Yes, she’s getting negative press, but she could avoid a lot of it if she toned down the “grand” and showed a bit more noblesse oblige. It would go down much better with the British taxpayers who fund her lavish lifestyle. If she carries on like this it will end in tears. I’m sure she’s getting plenty of good advice but it seems she thinks she knows better. It’s behaviour like this that puts people’s backs up.
    Last edited by A*O; December 7th, 2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Labelwhore likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

So taxpayers will cover her hospital stay and own personal chef.....hm

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    well hopefully they clean up the hospital since then the peasants can benefit as well.

i'm actually surprised that more of you aren't appalled at the cleanliness rating.
    I am, but not exactly surprised as I hear a lot of behind the scenes horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I'm surprised that hospital had such a bad cleanliness rating! You'd think it would be a lot better than that. Private doesn't always mean better though.
    The problem with *some* private hospitals is that the money goes on the glitz rather than the gear. Patients see the fancy rooms and the nice uniforms and think they are getting the standard of cleanliness and high tech they are paying for and the people behind the hospital are pocketing big money by scrimping on the out of sight stuff. Most are pretty good though. I was in and out of a private hospital (as an NHS patient) and it was both plush AND up to date/well maintained. When I mentioned to himself that I thought it was a bit out the way and that I was thinking of requesting somewhere closer he insisted I put up with the travel inconvenience because he knew it was a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Edit to add: all snarkery aside, I think a lot of this is first time mother over-thinking and nerves. She doesn’t know what to expect and is probably terrified and therefore worrying unnecessarily. I know I did.

Yes, she’s getting negative press, but she could avoid a lot of it if she toned down the “grand” and showed a bit more noblesse oblige. It would go down much better with the British taxpayers who fund her lavish lifestyle. If she carries on like this it will end in tears. I’m sure she’s getting plenty of good advice but it seems she thinks she knows better. It’s behaviour like this that puts people’s backs up.
    But she has been doing charity visits etc and it still isn't enough. Some of the crap people were spewing about her following her visits with the people working for the Grenfell Tower charity showed that. She could push the Queen out of the way of an assassin and people would still complain that she only did it for the attention (and probably paid for it...)
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

I think a lot of this Meghan stuff is overplayed. This is the cycle... beloved new royal, then the trashing begins. Rinse and repeat for every new princess/duchess that is put into the mix.

A*O

Agree. But she could avoid a lot of this negative scrutiny (including from me) if she showed a bit of humility and some understanding of how her entitled behaviour comes across, especially to a media just waiting for her to put a foot wrong. Just because she can say and do this shit doesn’t mean she should.

Yes, she does worthy charity work and quite right too. That’s what royals do. She doesn’t get a special medal for it. I’m sure she finds many aspects of her new life very arcane and strange and she probably hates a lot of it, but if she’s being offered help and advice on what’s required she has to start listening to it. This isn’t Kansas any more and the rules won’t change for her no matter how “modern” she thinks she is. That may change when uber-traditionalist HMQ is no longer around, but until then Megan should toe the line. It’s the quid pro quo of her super privileged life.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I do not think Charles has any reason to change Momma.s ways of ruling the RF at all.She made a good job and he will follow suit.He wont risk the inherited popularity to please Harry and wifey..He already tries his best to be better received as he is aware people dont like him like they do old Momma!He and his advisors are not stupid.In fact ,i take my hats of to the RF,s pr machine.They are dealing with time bomb Harry and wife perfectly.They let them show their hand,then use the press to point out the unpopular traits and then make them step back so they wont provoke people and cause damage..The RF knew what she was getting but if they denied permission for him to marry her,there will be a huge global uproar about the bride,s color and her background,not her character..Lol.Old Fox and her hubby still know all the tricks...
    azoria, emkat, MsDark and 1 others like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Yes, Harry has been allowed to make his own bed and lie in it. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread and all that. All his other girlfriends didn't want the role and the dreadful scrutiny and then this Netflix C-list actress comes along. No wonder film makers and I'm sure royal biographers are rubbing their hands in glee and of course, she's a gift to the press (and she thinks so too, just not in that way.)
    effie2, emkat, MsDark and 1 others like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think a lot of this Meghan stuff is overplayed. This is the cycle... beloved new royal, then the trashing begins. Rinse and repeat for every new princess/duchess that is put into the mix.
    Yes. If there is any truth to this story about the hospital, it could have just been based on some simple inquiries being made. But since anyone could look up the hospital ratings, it’s just as likely to be pure fiction.
    weathered1 likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I do not think Charles has any reason to change Momma.s ways of ruling the RF at all.She made a good job and he will follow suit.He wont risk the inherited popularity to please Harry and wifey..He already tries his best to be better received as he is aware people dont like him like they do old Momma!He and his advisors are not stupid.In fact ,i take my hats of to the RF,s pr machine.They are dealing with time bomb Harry and wife perfectly.They let them show their hand,then use the press to point out the unpopular traits and then make them step back so they wont provoke people and cause damage..The RF knew what she was getting but if they denied permission for him to marry her,there will be a huge global uproar about the bride,s color and her background,not her character..Lol.Old Fox and her hubby still know all the tricks...

She hasn't been Queen for 60 years for no reason. The Old Fox is a much better player than she lets on, methinks you're on to something here ....
    effie2 and Palermo like this.

Prince Harry went 'mental' and 'accused William of trying to wreck his relationship with Meghan' as palace insiders say he's 'going all out to protect his wife to because he couldn't do the same for his mother'

• Driving force behind Harry and Meghan's move to Windsor is feud between boys
    • Duke of Sussex angered when William voiced initial concerns over the American
    • Palace insiders say Harry overly-protective of her as he couldn't save his mother

By CONNOR BOYD FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 15:44, 8 December 2018 | UPDATED: 15:47, 8 December 2018s

The real reason Harry and Meghan are moving to Windsor is because of tensions between the two brothers, it's claimed.
    Initially it was thought that a frosty relationship between Meghan and Kate was to blame for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's move from Kensington Palace.
    But the driving force behind the divide is actually friction between Harry and William, according to The Sun.

+6

The driving force behind the divide between the two couples (pictured in July) is friction between Harry and William, it is claimed

The paper claims Harry has accused William of trying to 'wreck his marriage' after his older brother voiced concerns over Meghan.
    The Duke of Sussex is also said to be overly-protective about his wife because 'he couldn't do the same for Princess Diana'.
    A Palace insider told The Sun: 'It's my opinion that Harry feels he couldn't protect his mother, so he's going all out to protect his wife. This is his way of atoning.

+6

Happy couples! The Cambridges and Sussexes were all smiles as they attended church at Sandringham on Christmas Day in 2017, but rumours emerged in recent weeks of a rift between the foursome

'He will brook absolutely no criticism of Meghan — and he is so sensitive he often sees criticism or negativity where there isn’t any.'
    The first hint of friction between the brother came when Harry introduced William to Meghan, 37, the first time she came to stay at Kensington Palace.
    Once she'd left, William reportedly warned Harry that they didn't know her intentions and her background, according to the paper.
    Harry then reportedly 'went mental' and accused his brother of trying to finish their relationship before it had started.
    Other royals are thought to have expressed their concerns to the Duke of Sussex.
    Kensington Palace refused to comment when approached by MailOnline.
    It comes after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge failed to attend a board meeting of the Royal Foundation this week amid rumours of a royal rift with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

+6

Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge visit military personnel in Cyprus on December 5. The royal couple skipped a board meeting attended by Prince Harry and Meghan

William and Kate lead the foundation together with Harry and Meghan but while the Duke and Duchess of Sussex both attended the meeting, as well as a staff Christmasparty afterwards, the other two members of the so-called Fab Four didn't show up.
    Kensington Palace insists that the Cambridges were not expected, but a source admitted that it 'was a shame' they didn't attend the meeting or the subsequent party.
    Rumours of a rift between the Cambridges and the Sussexes have spread like wildfire following the announcement that Harry, 34, and Meghan, 37, are set to move away from Kensington Palace to Frogmore Cottage.
    And the latest chapter of the rumoured rivalry saw Harry and Meghan attend the board meeting alone.

+6

Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex at The Royal Variety Performance, held at the London Palladium. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex both attended the board meeting

A source revealed: 'Not only were Harry and Meghan there, but they went to the staff Christmas party afterwards.
    'It was a very jolly affair. It's a shame that William and Catherine did not turn up.'
    Kensington Palace insists that the Cambridges had not been expected. 'Their Royal Highnesses attend these meetings in turn,' a spokesman says.
    'This session was focused on programmes led by the Duke of Sussex.'
    Although the rift has mostly focused on the relationship between Meghan and Kate, recent reports suggest that the issue is actually between William and Harry.
    According to the Sun, a royal source claims that Harry is accusing William of trying to 'wreck his relationship with Meghan'.

William is believed to have 'voiced concerns' about Meghan to his brother.
    And Harry's over-protectiveness of his wife has apparently driven a wedge between the two brothers.
    One courtier told the Sun: 'It's my opinion that Harry feels he couldn't protect his mother, so he's going all out to protect his wife.
    'This is his way of atoning. He will brook absolutely no criticism of Meghan — and he is so sensitive he often sees criticism or negativity where there isn't any.'
    The friction between the two apparently started when William tried to give Harry some brotherly advice about the Canadian actress, back when their romance was still fairly new.
    However, the chat went down badly with one friend saying that Harry 'went mental'.
    The friend added that the relationship between the two brothers has never really recovered since.

+6

The source also revealed that Meghan felt rebuffed when she tried to befriend Kate and that the brothers are competing against each other over palace appointments.
    Meghan apparently tried to approach Kate to learn the ropes but the Duchess of Cambridge was pre-occupied with her children Prince Louis, George, five, and Charlotte, three.
    The Duchess of Sussex is also said to be surprising the royal household with just how keen her mind is.
    Harry and Meghan are set to move out of Kensington Palace - and away from William and Kate - to make a new home at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.
    Officially, the couple are moving to have their own space for their new child who is due in the spring.
    However, rumours have spread since the announcement that a secret family feud is the real reason for the move.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6474411/Prince-Harry-went-mental-accused-William-trying-wreck-relationship-Meghan.html
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

So she's American in the subheading but Canadian in the article? And other members of the Royal family don't like her but Charles and the Queen both seemed very warm at the wedding to both Meghan and her mother. And apparently (according to other articles) Meghan is a bitch who made Kate cry but in this one its Kate who's been doing the snubbing?

I do wish they'd get their stories straight.
    Last edited by Kittylady; December 8th, 2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: I have very fat fingers
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information