Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Megan Fox suffered ‘psychological breakdown’ from being hypersexualized

I just can’t with Megan Fox and I like her.
    She is her own worst enemy and her problems started waaay before Michael Bay auditioned her by making her wash his car (a scene that is actually in the film...) however, none of these were helped by calling a multi-grossing film maker (after all its an industry, it’s about the bottom line) who was raised as Jewish “Hitler”.

If the amount of issues she has is indicated by her plastic surgery (started at a young age - 18?) then she needs proper, full psychiatric help.

Bronze Member

If you get offended by the word 'Hitler' and ignore the sleazy perv criticism....then things are all going according to plan in Hollywood 'damage control world'....even if the sleazy car wash ummm 'auditioning' WAS in the crappy film.
    Rusalka likes this.

You can think the "Hitler" thing was inappropriate and still think she's a victim. One doesn't erase the other, and one doesn't need to earn enough brownie points for good behaviour before sympathy is deemed appropriate to give.

Quote Originally Posted by secretgoldfish View Post
    If you get offended by the word 'Hitler' and ignore the sleazy perv criticism....then things are all going according to plan in Hollywood 'damage control world'....even if the sleazy car wash ummm 'auditioning' WAS in the crappy film.
    I see you are still making up shit I haven’t said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    You can think the "Hitler" thing was inappropriate and still think she's a victim. One doesn't erase the other, and one doesn't need to earn enough brownie points for good behaviour before sympathy is deemed appropriate to give.
    Thank you.

Bronze Member

totally true but I think thats a different discussion......the point I was trying to make was that it was a distraction...... like Julian Assange and narcissism/rape 'personality politics' distraction/dismissives....... I'm glad no-one called Harvey Hitler!
    Last edited by secretgoldfish; September 22nd, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

Bronze Member

Novice, your post just seemed like the 'hitler' remark was the more offensive part than what she spoke up about and was wiped for.

He's a sleaze..... and that was all forgotten about over the offence and distraction of 'hitler' insensitivity......and that bottom-line you mentioned.
    sputnik likes this.

At the end of the day, Fox may be annoying and unsympathetic and had a shitload of plastic surgery and may not be oscar material but she still suffered disproportionate consequences for standing up to Michael bay who has a long and documented history of being a sexist jerk - something he’s never been held accountable for. shouldn’t that be the focus of the discussion and matter more than how annoying fox is, how much she did to her face and whether or not that makes her less credible as a victim of sexism and retribution, her credibility as an actress, her relationship with david silver or even his ex-wife, etc, etc? just sayin’...

https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/histo...xist-jerk.html
    Last edited by sputnik; September 22nd, 2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Kittylady, LaFolie, czb and 10 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yes. You are both absolutely correct. Michael Bay is a flaming, misogynist, jackass who should be quaking in the #MeToo, #TimesUp era but probably isn't, mostly because he's one of the highest grossing directors in the world. It also shouldn't matter if Megan Fox isn't the 'perfect victim' and says stupid things. Not even if she calls someone, "Hitler."

That said, 'Hitler' isn't just a trigger for rich old Jewish guys - it's still a trigger for millions of people who have albums full of photographs of family members and neighbors who, "never came back." It's still a trigger for people whose parents or grandparents were hunted and terrorized by the Gestapo and the SS and who, until their dying days, still suffered from night terrors and a lingering paranoia. I grew up with these grim, horrifying stories, and my heart is pounding and I'm short of breath just typing this. Hitler, Stalin, Mao. These are the monsters of the 20th Century. They were responsible for the death of millions, MILLIONS, of people.

"Hitler" is a trigger for me, and as much as I despise him, I couldn't even level that name at Harvey Weinstein. That name, that abomination, only trembles on my mind at world leaders who incite, and despise, who have no use or regard for truth, or decency, or even the sliver of compassion for people who don't look, love, or think like them. Narcissist megalomaniacs with no boundaries. Our very own 21st Century monsters.

(shrugs) Yeah, so that's my take. I don't much care for Megan Fox, but I still agree with Sput that she had the right to be heard, and not suffer negative consequences for speaking out. Also agree with Novice that there are other issues with her and she needs therapy and care.

I didn’t think that Michael Bay’s black card as a #metoo perp needed stating if I’m honest, I thought that posters here would have understood that as read. I see that I was wrong.
    I was trying to say that Megan’s message got lost in the words she used (being her own worst enemy) not that she didn’t have any right to be heard.
    I also think it’s worth noting the prevalence of Jewish industry folk in h’wood which probably contributed to what she perceived as her career nose-diving.

I had thought that most posters knew me well enough to have grasped that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information