Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Megan Fox was banned from Walmart for shoplifting

Oh noez!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Big deal. Me and my gang of thieves friends were banned from JC Penney's for life at fifteen (approximately One Million Years ago). Uh I guess they've forgotten what I look like cuz I've been back since.

We had very sticky fingers. To us shoplifting was an art. (I know we're all going to burn in Hell. Shoplifting is wrong wrong wrong.)

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I was banned from a grocery chain when I stole on a dare from my friends. I was probably 14 so didn't really think about the business losses or anything else along those lines. It was a lark and stupid and yes, I paid because my parents went mental and grounded me for what felt like a year. They also made me go back and apologize in person while delivering an apology note. My parents were goooooood....
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I was banned from a grocery chain when I stole on a dare from my friends. I was probably 14 so didn't really think about the business losses or anything else along those lines. It was a lark and stupid and yes, I paid because my parents went mental and grounded me for what felt like a year. They also made me go back and apologize in person while delivering an apology note. My parents were goooooood....

^ LoL! That's awesome

I stole lip gloss (totally at about $2) at a Naval Exchange... once the MP took me to the little room and debated about prosecuting my parents, had they been military... I was cured pretty quickly after that
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yeah, my parents did well. They understood that kids fuck up but that when they do fuck up there have to be consequences. Strangely, I did steal once more after that but it was because I was literally starving and needed bread.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Yeah, my parents did well. They understood that kids fuck up but that when they do fuck up there have to be consequences. Strangely, I did steal once more after that but it was because I was literally starving and needed bread.
    My father did pretty well with being a single parent, when I stole at the base I wasn't with him - for the record. And much more frightening then the MPs, who were about 6 feet tall and about 250 lbs each, was the thought of my dad finding out.
    The really stupid part was I had money, not a lot, but enough to buy the stupid lip gloss and everyone kept asking me why I did it... all I could say was it sounded like a great idea at the time, you know, before I got caught and felt like the biggest asshole ever.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I've never shoplifted and never had any desire to do so. I also don't think there's anything cute, funny, or normal about juvenile delinquency and I wish the media would stop glamorizing it. Rebel does not always equal cool.
    ^ Never wanted something you couldnt have? Never needed anything you couldnt afford? Never wanted to do something just to see if you could? Always had the ability to maintain self control?

Man... your parents were LUCKY.

Hit By Ban Bus!

A pair of shoes at 15. The security guard called my Mom and she said there was a mistake that her daughter wouldn't take anything that didn't belong to her... and she hung up. The security guard was going to haul my butt to jail. My Mom didn't drive so she got a neighbor to take her to Zayer's (embarrassed b/c now the neighbor knows her kids is a perp) I will never forget the look on my Moms face, we never talked about it and I never took anything that wasn't mine again... oh geez

Then there was the time I hid the Vino Primo Red Wine in the tree outside my bedroom window (I was 16) and got sick..... but thats another story

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    Never wanted something you couldnt have? Never needed anything you couldnt afford? Never wanted to do something just to see if you could? Always had the ability to maintain self control?

Man... your parents were LUCKY.
    There were times I wanted something I couldn't have or couldn't afford, but I never considered stealing it. I also never wanted to do something illegal just to see if I could get away with it. I was never one of those kids who felt that delinquency and/or disrespect for authority figures was cool, so I was pretty good at maintaining self control and sticking to my morals and my beliefs in those types of situations.

Oh, Megan Fox still steals and Angelina is PISSED...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    There were times I wanted something I couldn't have or couldn't afford, but I never considered stealing it. I also never wanted to do something illegal just to see if I could get away with it. I was never one of those kids who felt that delinquency and/or disrespect for authority figures was cool, so I was pretty good at maintaining self control and sticking to my morals and my beliefs in those types of situations.

^ I'm curious - do you also not like movies/books that have a plot to steal something? Like, let's say, Oceans 11 - that deal with people stealing? I think some of the allure, at least with those who continue to steal, is the thrill/rush of it all (kind of like the build up in those movies) and seeing if you can outsmart the opposition.

For the rest of us that unfortunately don't have as much self control as you, or dont know how to exercise it properly, I think we mess up - ideally - GET PUNISHED and hopefully learn. Oddly enough, I dont get as upset when I hear about a kid stealing make-up, or gum... as let's say Enron or any "white collar" crime. Maybe that's just part of growing up, kids can mess up and learn with gum and scare tactics... but grown adults ruining hard working people's lives because they are greedy is a completely different deal.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Then there was the time I hid the Vino Primo Red Wine in the tree outside my bedroom window (I was 16) and got sick..... but thats another story

I need to hear that story...

Her people are trying so hard to make her the new Angelina. What next we're going to hear how she collects weapons and start talking about how in love she is with one of her family members.

Its so easy to steal from Wal-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by tragicallyflawed View Post
    Her people are trying so hard to make her the new Angelina. What next we're going to hear how she collects weapons and start talking about how in love she is with one of her family members.
    I agree. She comes off as desperate to appear edgy and "bad" and it makes her really unlikable.

Move over Winona Ryder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information