Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Mayim Bialik slams Botox, cryotherapy, manicures & gym obsessions

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    raj looks hot in 'real life'
    I think he's super hot, anyway
    misrule, holly, *DIVA! and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    For sure! SOmeone needs to put him in the hot guy thread if he isn't already.
    KrisNine and misrule like this.
    “Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic's best friend!”
    ~Gerard Way

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    She looks great in some photos & very Helena-Bonhom in others...
    [Img]
    I actually kinda like this one, it's got a mermaid-y feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    raj looks hot in 'real life'
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Can't say I ever found him super hot, but I saw him on some talk show awhile back and found him very cute and charming, and was a little amazed that he had no real nerd-like qualities at all. I guess he's a real good actor lol.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I have a lot of respect for her for lots of reason but she is talking shit here. I'm older than her & k ow that before spanx. Rand there were "control" "panties" and rollon corsets and all kinds of underwiring, padding, etc.
    Yes it was more descrete but they were worn
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking...in my mother's day, long before spanx or "shapewear" they were called "foundations" more specifically girdles, ones with garters to attach your hosiery, then panty girdles and long-line panty girdles, then later when pantyhose were in fashion, control-top pantyhose. No jiggling allowed, and no visible panty lines! And a lady never wore a dress without a slip underneath, there were full or half-slips. Nothing sexy about them either, they were plain old practical, modest undergarments. God forbid anyone could see your bra underneath your clothes or see your legs through your skirt!
    the kind of foundation garments you are talking about are more 50s-60s. i'm a bit older than mayim, but when i was a kid (70s -80s), no one wore foundation garments like spanx or corsets. at least no one i knew.

slips and/or hose were a different matter. i remember control-top hose, but that was more 80s.
    Clubber Lang and Annika like this.

Yeah roll-ons were 50s-80s but yoy have validted my point "at least no one I knew" these things were not discussed. d

I actually kinda like this one, it's got a mermaid-y feel to it.
    I only posted the ones I liked.
    Trixie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    the kind of foundation garments you are talking about are more 50s-60s. i'm a bit older than mayim, but when i was a kid (70s -80s), no one wore foundation garments like spanx or corsets. at least no one i knew.

slips and/or hose were a different matter. i remember control-top hose, but that was more 80s.
    yes, that's why I said "in my mother's day" which would've been the 50's-60's.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I'm surprised she didn't mention her DEGREE IN NEUROSCIENCE which she used to casually drop three or four times in every interview.
    not just any old DEGREE IN NEUROSCIENCE , it's a PhD IN NEUROSCIENCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    She doesn't bug me in the least. In fact, I think I might like her. Sure, she may have some kooky ideas and ways of doing things that are not my ways, but I appreciate that she's different-- not in a 'give me attention for being so different' way like Lady Gaga, but simply different in a way that is true to herself. I guess she just seems refreshing amongst all those pretentious, looks-obsessed Hollywood fakes.
    i alternate between feeling like you do about her, but also feeling like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I can't disagree with any of this but she still bugs the every-living-shit out of me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

yes, that's why I said "in my mother's day" which would've been the 50's-60's.

I guess that i'm the only person here that remembers/wore these...

And what a out thes from Donna Karan?

^ No, I remember those too...I had one like the top one, purchased for a friend's wedding, the bridesmaid dress was off the shoulder and the straps on the underthing were removable. It had hooks in the crotch area, like bra hooks. A real bitch to use the bathroom.

The second one, we usually wore when "hip-hugger" jeans were in style, so the shirt wouldn't rise up and expose your ass. (Things people don't worry about nowadays, lol) They usually snapped at the crotch, better than the bra-hook thingys but still made for complicated bathroom time.
    gardenwitch likes this.

^ No, I remember those too...I had one like the top one, purchased for a friend's wedding, the bridesmaid dress was off the shoulder and the straps on the underthing were removable. It had hooks in the crotch area, like bra hooks. A real bitch to use the bathroom.

The second one, we usually wore when "hip-hugger" jeans were in style, so the shirt wouldn't rise up and expose your ass. (Things people don't worry about nowadays, lol) They usually snapped at the crotch, better than the bra-hook thingys but still made for complicated bathroom time.
    Yep, I wore them a lot for a long time, you got used to the hook & eyes & they were more secure than poppers/press-studs.

Donna Karan "invented" them to wear under her clothes that were made from jersey & demanded sleek lines, since jersey is so unforgiving..... oh? sound familiar?
    There is a load of info re her 1st collection & the Vogue patterns , but I can't tell you how many times I made this-->

one thing I do find amusing, is how Mayim Bialik talks about how "everyone" wears spanx to create clean lines blahblahblah; the most recent exponent of this was Donna Karan (see above), and guess which dress MB wears on the Red Carpet?

Elite Member

I like her. We kinda have the same parenting philosophies, but I don't announce all my business to the world. She is refreshing IMO.

Ha... I had those shirts that snapped in the crotch. Oh the late 80s/early 90s!
    *DIVA! likes this.

I had them too,underwear and tops..i used them almost daily.Until i peed on them..couldnt unsnap the damned thing..lol
    She bags me the wrong way somehow..

Elite Member

I happily wear SPanx type garments nearly every day. After losing more than 100 pounds my skin is all saggy and baggy on my stomach. Shapewear holds it all in.
    Novice, Bombshell and I'mNotBitter like this.

I havent lost 100lbs but that is part of the reason that i wear them, that plus having 3 surgeries in 18 months lect me with a lot of pain as scarring hears/tears/etc. and the spanx garments help.
    But then i (have to) wear compression socks too. Its dead sexy in my house. Lol.
    gas_chick, missbazilb and sluce like this.

No way could I wear shapewear in the summer. I'd be a sweaty, stinky pig!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information