Login to remove the ads!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Mayim Bialik Divorcing Husband Michael Stone After 9 Years

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    It just sounds like he had to change everything he was for her. Become an ortodox jew, vegan, adopt her fucked up beliefs. Maybe he finally grew a pair and said fuck this shit?

also, I just read her blog post about how her children don't get to go trick-or-treating or eat candy, and then her son got candy from the other homeschooled vegan kids’ parents at the park who are obviously not as hardcore and committed as this dumb bitch and she was outraged and came up with a stupid game to talk her poor kid into selling her his candy instead of eating it because she couldn't deal with the kid eating a few pieces of candy once a year, even if it was vegan candy. Eat shit and die you fucking control freak bitch, I hope someone kidnaps you and force-feeds you fecal chicken burgers and a big mac.

. . . .

Love the "in a very careful and measured way" that has led to almost 200 Palestinian deaths, meanwhile only 3 Israelis have died...

ugh. Like I needed MOAR reasons to hate this cunt.

it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't want her kids to celebrate halloween. she is orthodox and a lot of orthodox don't - they do purim. while i don't agree with it, i wouldn't hate on her for that. but the rest of it is just crazy . . ..

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    But if I'm not mistaken, her kids also sleep in their bed. Kinda makes sexy times a bit difficult, & IMO awkward! I don't even like my dogs to be in the room if I can avoid it!
    I don't know, I guess it depends on the situation. We just did what worked for us at the time. Our kid slept with us most of the time until he was about 4 so we found other places for sexy-times. He'd go to sleep in the big bed at 8ish but we'd have the rest of the house to ourselves.

That being said, we only had the one kid and I can't imagine what it would be like with more than that.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Gold Member

My bffs parents had sex when their 6 year old daughter was to "sleeping" in the same bed. So maybe it worked for those two too?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I never understand these people who don't let their kids watch any tv, read any books, listen to any music that isn't geared to children, it's like we rearing children to grow up into bigger children.
    Can't "like" this enough.
    Waterslide and Callalily like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

I'd divorce her because she sounds like a drag. I bet she's not fun at parties either.

Blog Entries

Yep, the husband was forced by that witch to become a vegan jew; no chance he chose because he wanted to be with her. Yep she's so outrageously anti-Halloween that in the same blog you were referencing she posted pics of one of the pumpkins her husband was carving up with the kids (and mentioned she couldn't join in this year due to the hand injury), joked about her Halloween costume of wearing jeans ("Mayim's gone crazy"), and about the Halloween music they were listening to as she cooked the carved pumpkin innards ("Monster Mash" and "Thriller" were mentioned). Wow, she really hates Halloween.

Putting the Scrooge in Halloween | The Official Mayim Bialik Blog at Kveller

Halloween Post-Mortem: I Bought My Son’s Candy | The Official Mayim Bialik Blog at Kveller

Yeah, she posted a one-sided Fox news worthy take of the Israeli bombardment of the West Bank. You got that one right.

I'm throwing my hands up here; I like her but not nearly enough to fight like this. So have at it.
    nana51 likes this.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

I actually find her husband to be super cute. He's not my normal type but I think he is cute!

I don't hate her or love her, but she strikes me as one of those people who has to have everything their way and isn't open to much compromise. It's not so much that she forced her husband into changing his religion or diet as he has his own free will. But I do think a lot of couples succumb to this - one person wants to live one way and the other person follows along with it because they believe they love the person and figure it's not a big deal, it's something they can live with. Eventually, it becomes draining on the whole relationship and I think it can be a recipe for disaster. One person turns into an insufferable controller and the other turns into a doormat.

As for her kids celebrating Purim, fair enough. But I don't think conning your kids out of a few pieces of candy for money is the best idea I've ever heard. Now that I've read the Halloween entry it's even more grating to me. They don't do trick or treating, fine. But, when you're the one of the few kids looking out the window at all the other kids having fun, eventually it's going to suck. Then she says the kids don't like scary things - well, probably because you're turning modern day Halloween celebrations into something negative and creepy. It sounds like they've got mom's take on Halloween, not their own.

edit - the commenters at that blog!

Apryl Lynn KaneOwner at Elite Fleet Cleaning Services, LLC.See, as vegans who trick or treat, I had the same idea, but then we found out that at my husband's law firm, there's a woman who collects candy to send to the troops in Afghanistan. They then distribute the candy to the children of Afghanistan. I thought that was so fantastic and my daughter got to give to less fortunate children. Win!
    Lose! So all that nasty corn-syrup-and-food-coloring candy isn't good enough for your precious snowflake, but it's perfectly fine for the less fortunate children of Afghanistan! WTF kind of message is that sending your kids?
    "And yes, Miraval rosť is best served uncool." ~Michael K
    Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

Lose! So all that nasty corn-syrup-and-food-coloring candy isn't good enough for your precious snowflake, but it's perfectly fine for the less fortunate children of Afghanistan! WTF kind of message is that sending your kids?
    Think of the teeth! The less fortunate children of Afghanistan probably don't have access to good dental care.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Think of the teeth! The less fortunate children of Afghanistan probably don't have access to good dental care.
    I did so totally think of that. And it's like now that this candy has been passed around the world ten times, we'll just throw it out to the Afghan children because they'll eat anything. I mean, if you're so up in arms about being vegan and eating no sugar, how is it OK to encourage anyone to eat something as evil as processed candy? Shouldn't they be trying to send healthy snacks?? Sheesh.
    "And yes, Miraval rosť is best served uncool." ~Michael K
    Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I've been reading her blog at Kveller on and off for a while, and I can't help but to like her. She's funny and smart and while attachment parenting gives me the creeps, it's sort of interesting to read about. I skipped the entry on Israel, because I want to continue liking her. When it comes to the divorce, my guess would be that she initiated it. Who wants to live with a totally emasculated man? Secondly, she speaks suspiciously warmly of her "Fancy Assistant Brandon", who goes with her to events instead of her husband. But maybe I'm just a gossipy fishwife and it's all innocent.
    Last edited by Leyot; November 24th, 2012 at 06:21 AM.
    sluce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyot View Post
    I've been reading her blog at Kveller on and off for a while, and I can't help but to like her. She's funny and smart and while attachment parenting gives me the creeps, it's sort of interesting to read about. I skipped the entry on Israel, because I want to continue liking her. When it comes to the divorce, my guess would be that she initiated it. Who wants to live with a totally emasculated man? Secondly, she speaks suspiciously warmly of her "Fancy Assistant Brandon", who goes with her to events instead of her husband. But maybe I'm just a gossipy fishwife and it's all innocent.
    I want to like her, because I like the idea of a woman in the media that is smart, funny and isn't hollywood blonde, hollywood skinny, hollywood processed in plastic.
    I also read her blogs on kveller and I like the way she writes... but very often she sounds like one of those people that think they are right no matter what and if anybody does things differently, then they are obviously wrong. She doesn't explain attachment parenting, for example, she preaches it. And it's the same with those orthodox jewish rules: it would be fine if she just told "This is what I do", but her writings always sound a bit more like: "This is what I, the person who is absolutely right, do, and for this reason I am better than you".
    That said, I was a bit sad that they divorced, mainly because of their children, but also because he sounds like a sweet man who changed a lot to be with her.
    (That said, I am not sure being a mormon was any more fun, before he converted).

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    it doesn't surprise me that she doesn't want her kids to celebrate halloween. she is orthodox and a lot of orthodox don't - they do purim. while i don't agree with it, i wouldn't hate on her for that. but the rest of it is just crazy . . ..
    but they do celebrate Halloween. they stay home and roast a pumpkin and sing 'monster mash'. just no candy, not even the vegan kind.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    It just sounds like he had to change everything he was for her. Become an ortodox jew, vegan, adopt her fucked up beliefs. Maybe he finally grew a pair and said fuck this shit?

also, I just read her blog post about how her children don't get to go trick-or-treating or eat candy, and then her son got candy from the other homeschooled vegan kidsí parents at the park who are obviously not as hardcore and committed as this dumb bitch and she was outraged and came up with a stupid game to talk her poor kid into selling her his candy instead of eating it because she couldn't deal with the kid eating a few pieces of candy once a year, even if it was vegan candy. Eat shit and die you fucking control freak bitch, I hope someone kidnaps you and force-feeds you fecal chicken burgers and a big mac.

Couldn't stop hate-reading and proceeded to read the post about how to talk to your kids about the situation in Israel and it is of course absolutely one-sided and explains that "The government of Israel decided that the people of Israel needed more protection. Therefore on Wednesday November 14, 2012 Operation Amud Anan, Operation Pillar of Defense was launched. This military operation is trying, in a very careful and measured way, to eliminate these attacks on Israel."

Love the "in a very careful and measured way" that has led to almost 200 Palestinian deaths, meanwhile only 3 Israelis have died...

ugh. Like I needed MOAR reasons to hate this cunt.
    i cannot like this post enough.
    after i read this thread, i went to her blog as well, and i also read the israel-post... i had to exit her blog after that. if you read through the comments - most of her readers didn't like the one-sidedness either.
    the candy story is fucking ridiculous.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    "This is what I, the person who is absolutely right, do, and for this reason I am better than you".
    Hmmmm, maybe Mayim and Goop should get together.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information