Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe *NSFW* Lindsay Lohan tries to recreate Marilyn Monroe photoshoot

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i hate to be so mean, but the bitch did it to herself, these are just atrocious. my gawd!

The problem is is all these "stars" nowadays have been airbrushed into oblivion, and aren't natural beauties to begin with. And a shoot like this is like death to them, because its not completely airbrushed. The Hollywood stars of old were classic gorgeous beauties, without all the bells and whistles.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I can understand why she seems to have a "hero-worship" of MM, a lot of people do; however, LL looks so much better with her hair red and not blond due to it being her natural colouring, I think she looks wonderful with red hair. MM was a dark blond/mousey, so the light blond wasn't so far from her natural hair colour for one, I also think that blond hair, when its the wrong blond (as this so apparently is for LL) can be horribly aging, I've noticed it with Madonna too.... go a couple of shades darker ladies, you'll find it more flattering!
    Free Charmed.

Zee

I find the lack of originality in Hollywood frightening. It's possible to pull from the concept of previous shoots as inspiration. But why redo with another actress? Nobody has the charisma to pull off the MM shots. I'm not sure if it is knowing what happened to her after doing the sitting that makes them seem unworldly or if they are that good.

Lindsay set herself up to fail. I don't think she is an ugly girl, but she looks bad in comparison to the originals.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    A couple of things: MM would be considered a fat cow by today's standards, although in the original, un-airbrushed photos, she was very thin and her boobs were flat and not nice looking (I have a first edition of the book Stern did about the photo shoot). I alos think the fact that Stern chose her to re-create this is interesting and gives a bit of validity to the proceedings. Although I love me some lovely La Lohan I do actually like the pictures from a neutral point of view. I think they're fragile and vulnerable looking, much in the same vein as the original shoot. I do hope, though, that she doesn't die soon after like MM did. (And why isn't MM being called out for being a drug-addicted little fuck bunny who crewed anything in pants, including married men?).
    I would really like to see those pictures! What was the book called? Also, I don't think MM was really as slutty as people portrayed her to be.
    As for Lindsay, she fails. She looks haggard and beat.

I think that the close up of LL with the diamonds is the worst.

But I wonder how much of this negative reaction to the pics is because they HAVEN'T been airbrushed, I was shocked to see her freckles, and her slightly saggy boobs and lack of waist, but I think that is only because we are used to seeing perfect flawless skin and shapely bodies.
    I suppose in a way they are quite refreshing, I'd be interested to see someone do a 'professional' PS on these to make her look more 'Hollywood'

"however, LL looks so much better with her hair red and not blond due to it being her natural colouring,"

She also looks a lot better covered up from head to toe.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I can understand why she seems to have a "hero-worship" of MM, a lot of people do; however, LL looks so much better with her hair red and not blond due to it being her natural colouring, I think she looks wonderful with red hair. MM was a dark blond/mousey, so the light blond wasn't so far from her natural hair colour for one, I also think that blond hair, when its the wrong blond (as this so apparently is for LL) can be horribly aging, I've noticed it with Madonna too.... go a couple of shades darker ladies, you'll find it more flattering!
    Monroe was a full blown natural brunette, who'd only been blonde
    in her early childhood. Still, she didn't look bad as a blonde, either.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Oh NO WAY. These are not sexy.
    Her body is gross.

These are bad. I just can't get past the boyish body, the horrible wig, the freckle invasion and the 40 year old face......... She must of been high to think these look good.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Why oh WHY do celebrities always insist on trying to emulate Marilyn? It never works..... *sigh*

By the way, she looks downright ugly in these shots. Yuck!!
    Drugged out of her mind too.
    maybe she'd do better recreating DEAD marilyn
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

while the actual photography may be great, the wig is gross, and the poses aren't flattering to her. i'm not a huge lohan fan, but i do think she's pretty (when she cleans up) she needs to be original and find her own person to be.

and it's sad all the shit said about her boobs... i'm 24 and mine look pretty much just like that. except no freckles. maybe i was wrong in thinking mine were pretty fantastic.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    These are bad. I just can't get past the boyish body, the horrible wig, the freckle invasion and the 40 year old face......... She must of been high to think these look good.

The one where she's holding the flowers is really off. The pictures aren't interesting because the subject is boring herself. I was really surprised to see that Bert Stern would do this again and with Lohan of all people.

Remember these?

^^^ I thought that second one down was Gwen Stefani. Is it really Madonna?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information