Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe *NSFW* Lindsay Lohan tries to recreate Marilyn Monroe photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    But seriously, Lindsay needs to stop trying to emulate real stars and find the character to become one in her own right.
    No kidding. Seems Lohan is always trying to look or be someone else completely.

I think any actress who tries to copycat Marilyn Monroe is looking for embarrassment. Marilyn had some magical combination of charm, charisma, beauty and some other undefinable quality that made her what she was.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

A couple of things: MM would be considered a fat cow by today's standards, although in the original, un-airbrushed photos, she was very thin and her boobs were flat and not nice looking (I have a first edition of the book Stern did about the photo shoot). I alos think the fact that Stern chose her to re-create this is interesting and gives a bit of validity to the proceedings. Although I love me some lovely La Lohan I do actually like the pictures from a neutral point of view. I think they're fragile and vulnerable looking, much in the same vein as the original shoot. I do hope, though, that she doesn't die soon after like MM did. (And why isn't MM being called out for being a drug-addicted little fuck bunny who crewed anything in pants, including married men?).
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    A couple of things: MM would be considered a fat cow by today's standards, although in the original, un-airbrushed photos, she was very thin and her boobs were flat and not nice looking
    Do you really think she'd have been considered fat today? I've read that Marilyn was considered large because she was a size 12, but a size 12 in the late 50s/early 60s wasn't a size 12 of today. She was 5'6" and 117 pounds when she died, which was smaller than she usually was, but probably only 10 pounds or so. I don't think she was any larger than say Scarlett Johansson.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

oh gawd, here we go......................

Not that it really matters whether she'd be considered fat today, as she's not alive nor a young starlet today. She was judged by the standards of her time and Lindsay is being judged by today's standards. And even by today's standards, Lindsay has the lower body of a boy, no curves at all.

Silver Member

Ok, I'll put aside my Lohan feelings for a moment and just look at if this is an unknown person. These photos while, not entirely horrible. Are not good. The wig looks cheap. She is way too pale. The too pale skin with her freckles looks like she is just filthy. I can't get past that.

I don't think it's sexy or vulnerable because I can't get past the desire to put her in the bath. They should've darkened her skin a bit in photoshop and cleaned it up a bit. So it's not that these are bad, it's just that they are not good. And I agree that she just doesn't have the body. She has no hips. From the boobs down it's just a straight line.

I don't love her or hate her, but these pics are just baaaad. I just don't think Lindsay has what it takes to pull off the sex kitten thing. I agree, except for the boobs, she has the body of a young boy. No waist, no hips, no curves at all.

The wig looks like roadkill glued to her head, and she doesn't even look pretty in the face, just...rough. Especially that one with the yellow roses--awful.

Looking at those pics, it's really hard to believe she's only 21.

Sacrilege, and by the original photographer to boot.
    His pension plans must not be in order
    Just look at them, side by side. You cannot try to
    recreate magic.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    A couple of things: MM would be considered a fat cow by today's standards, although in the original, un-airbrushed photos, she was very thin and her boobs were flat and not nice looking (I have a first edition of the book Stern did about the photo shoot). I alos think the fact that Stern chose her to re-create this is interesting and gives a bit of validity to the proceedings. Although I love me some lovely La Lohan I do actually like the pictures from a neutral point of view. I think they're fragile and vulnerable looking, much in the same vein as the original shoot. I do hope, though, that she doesn't die soon after like MM did. (And why isn't MM being called out for being a drug-addicted little fuck bunny who crewed anything in pants, including married men?).
    MM was a lot thinner in her last photo shoot, though, maybe even thinner than she'd
    ever been in her adult life. True, sizes have changed, and so have body shapes.
    MM had an hourglass figure with real, classic, "women's hips". If you'd compare her
    body to other well endowed stars that came just after her, like Raquel Welch or
    Ursula Andress, you can already see that those two had relatively slim hips, especially
    in contrast to their (still) big breasts and small waists.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

These pictures are just unflattering from the first pic to the last !
    Live - Laugh - Love

Bronze Member

Lindsay looks like a man in these pictures.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww omg! even her tits look like a little boy from the top!!!! WTF?!

and omg she does look a lot older than her years; freaky! ~kids dont smoke and dont do drugs and dont booze; this is what it does to your "looks"!~

MM looks so sexy on the bed with her curves and LL looks like a big lump of gross.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwii View Post
    These pictures are just unflattering from the first pic to the last !
    To put it even more in perspective: Hohan is in her (early?) twenties,
    Monroe was 36 during these photo shoots.......

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww omg! even her tits look like a little boy from the top!!!! WTF?!

and omg she does look a lot older than her years; freaky! ~kids dont smoke and dont do drugs and dont booze; this is what it does to your "looks"! ~
    Well, to be fair: Monroe was a (closet) chain smoker and as we all know,
    she liked her champagne and wines, too.....

I'll post some of her "smoking" pics, posed and not in her own thread.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I couldn't see all the pics before because I was on a work computer, but now....these are just worse than the few that I had seen before. The whole photoshoot is terrible. Blonde hair looks horrible on Lindsay. Short blonde hair looks even worse. The pasty skin, the freckles, the hard rugged face which looks aged way beyond her years. Holy shit, she looks like a 40 year old. Any run of the mill girl from the local mall would take better pictures than these. And yes, I agree that her body looks terrible from the boobs down, she looks like a child without hips or anything. It is the ultimate sacrilege to portray her as Marilyn, who she isn't even close to. She should just try to be her own person, this photoshoot just manages to convince everyone just how ugly she is next to someone so gorgeous. Man oh man, this was just a huge mess up, I can't even believe anyone would have thought this was a good idea in the first place.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    To put it even more in perspective: Hohan is in her (early?) twenties, Monroe was 36 during these photo shoots.......
    Lohan is only 21! When I first glimpsed that pic of her holding the yellow flowers over her breasts, I was floored at how much older she looked. She looks 36 already.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information