Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Maybe *NSFW* Lindsay Lohan tries to recreate Marilyn Monroe photoshoot

An autobiography is a biography told from the person directly, not from someone else. I don't think its anything about 'buying' the trouble act. She never knew her father, her mother was put into a mental institution, she was a foster child [sic].

http://www.geocities.com/marilynmonr...ce/family.html

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

But those things don't negate the fact that she was a woman who slept her way to success, who slept with other women's husbands, who treated people in a very cavalier way. When the bad family thing is used to try and explain some of our favorite young celeb's behavior, there are many who say that it's not an excuse, so how is it an excuse for MM?
    My whole point in bringing all this up was that because she is now a dead icon it's all 'she's so wonderful and special' whereas if she was twenty somthing and a celeb now she'd be as vilified as anyone else. And she only became this great icon in retrospect. The selling of MM continues to this day and she's a good little earner.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    An autobiography is a biography told from the person directly, not from someone else. I don't think its anything about 'buying' the trouble act. She never knew her father, her mother was put into a mental institution, she was a foster child [sic].

http://www.geocities.com/marilynmonr...ce/family.html
    Thanks for clearing that up, biography was what I meant but sometimes my brain turns to mush when I type too quickly.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^ You're welcome

I wouldn't call Kurt Cobain an icon though...

On my website I had a "Last Sitting Tribute" I had been working on since November. Not fantastic, not trying to look like MM, although I wear wigs in some shots, but a tribute because I was turning 36, her age when she died. Now I feel like I have to delete it so people won't think I am copying Lindsay Lohan!

You shouldn't delete something you've been working on for so long. Besides, Marilyn has plenty of fans in the community boards I'm sure, so they wouldn't buy that you're trying to be Lindsay. Besides, the Lohan zomg is showing her bewbz!!! hype has pretty much died. lol.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread Information