Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe *NSFW* Lindsay Lohan tries to recreate Marilyn Monroe photoshoot

These are so bad, it's embarrassing.

Why must all of today's celebs try to emulate old Hollywood photoshoots? It's unoriginal and never really works.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I imagine that if the origianl photographer from such a famous shoot asked anyone to re-create this they'd probably jump at the chance. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^ I would jump on. I think a lot of women would.

remakes rarely live up to the original .. these photos prove that. Of course, I can see why crazylinz would want to be anyone other than her own firecrotchy self...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I imagine that if the original photographer from such a famous shoot asked anyone to re-create this they'd probably jump at the chance. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ I would jump on. I think a lot of women would.
    ITA!
    Free Charmed.

Cross posted:

Edit: To clarify...I personally take no issue with Lindsey Lohan, here. She has a lot of nerve trying, but there's something to be said for that. I could care less about her, presonally, one way or another. This shoot, however, exployed a team of makeup artists, hair stylists, and the *original photographer* from the Marilyn 'final sitting' shoot. I take issue with them, my friends, because they are the ones who created this slap in the face.

The original shoot was taken over a number of days while Marilyn boozed, schmoozed and flirted her way into the grave. She was turning from an icon into a tabloid punchline, A la Britney Spears, but these final shots were able to somehow recapture what she had and remind her fans and those who had never loved her before that this woman had not survived on looks alone and embraced her pure feminine sexuality, able to 'act' pretty with every inch of her body. It was her last days, and the original shoot is a bittersweet reminder of what made Marliyn so memorable. How could she be so trashy and charming all at once? How could she be so beautiful and inviting, but at the same time make you feel sad for her; sad for fallen women while looking at her brazen naked flesh?

They didn't even try to recreate THAT. Instead the made LL look like an early nineties obsession add; depressing, ill and used up. The took the last thing that Marilyn had, her sensuous invitation to love her, and made it look like garbage. THAT is why its offensive.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Well, I am a Marilyn fanatic and even I have to admit this shoot was not Marilyn's best; far from it actually.
    I do not think anyone will ever live up to her but as far as her being on her game and actually being "Marilyn" at this time, that she was not.

These are the last photos taken of Marilyn...well it's a video speaking of it.

Marilyn Monroe's final photos - MSN Video

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Well, I am a Marilyn fanatic and even I have to admit this shoot was not Marilyn's best; far from it actually.
    I do not think anyone will ever live up to her but as far as her being on her game and actually being "Marilyn" at this time, that she was not.
    I don't know...she always looks so vivacious in these its hard to believe she was six years older than I am now. I think it was the youthful exuberance combined with the tired frailness that always entranced me about these shots
    Last edited by WhateverLolaWants; February 19th, 2008 at 10:02 AM.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

she's simply disgusting!!! who is wanting to see this crap

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I don;t knoiw...she always looks so vivacious in these its hard to believe she was six years older than I am now. I think it was the youthful exuberance combined with the tired frailness that always entranced me about these shots
    Oh, I like the shoot but it's my least favorite of her work. She looks tired and haggard to me. Her hair and makeup look nothing like Marilyn's standards; even her eyebrows were messy.

Never dare to copy Marilyn again, please.

You face looks 23yrs and your flabby boos 85.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by DontMindMe View Post
    These are pretty awful, but as far as bad copycat photoshoots go, nothing tops this:

Audrey must be rolling over in her grave to have someone as trashy as Paris to recreate her photos.

I'm a huge Audrey fan, so this makes me hate Paris more.

This whole copying Marilyn BS needs to friggin stop!

As far as I'm concerned no one can pull this off. Marilyn Monroe was one of a kind and nobody before or since can compete with her in any arena. She was mesmerizing.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Personally I think her tits look pretty good..... just not the rest of her. And if her hair was it's natural red her skin would look fine. The wrong haircolor can really mess with skintone-- that's why her freckles look bad. To me her freckles were cute with the red hair.

Also, I definitely agree with Sweetie that Anna Nicole has been about the only able to capture Marilyn's type of magic on camera. The girl knew how to work it.

With that said, these pictures are friggin hysterical!!

She looks about like Tori Spelling here:

And this one just takes the cake:

WAY too much nose on that rose one. But at least we dont see white nugs in those nostrils. (what can I say? Im an optimist! its about the only thing positive I have to say about the pix....)

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information