Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Matt Lauer fired from NBC News over inappropriate sexual behavior

There's an interesting article on Yahoo showing interviews Lauer has done in the past few months with Bill O'Reilly, Julia Roberts, Corey Feldman and Ronan Farrow - all about sexual harassment/assault.

I can't post or even link on my phone, but it's worth a look in a 'can't take your eyes off the train wreck' way.
    sparkles likes this.

fgg

i wish just one of these guys would be honest and say that when they gained a certain level of money & power, they knowingly used that to their advantage to harass these women because they knew they would feel like they didn't have a choice.
    Trixie, Mrs P and Lalasnake like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sadly, not surprised. I do believe this is the first HR complaint. It was long known that he cheated on his wife, and had many consensual relationships with women at work. I believe these men become drunk with power and come to believe that every women who smiles or treats them kindly, wants them.
    I didn't think about it like that.
    NBC can claim its their first complaint, because it's the first *HR* complaint but still keeping quiet that they all knew and women have most likely said it to non-HR staffers.

This whole thing is gross.
    I've left two jobs due to sexual harassment. The second one was handled, mostly, fairly well by the company... until their VP met with me and gave me the lecture of, "Men can make jokes women can't..."
    sparkles likes this.

Elite Member

first HR complaint. Yeah, OK. Every woman knew if they complained they would be out the door like Savannah, Ann, etc.

Matt is not attractive and has short man's complex.

His wife needs to save face now and divorce him.

Oh and enough of all this NBC "staff is devastated" garbage. You all knew he was an ass. Be "devastated" when someone dies, not when someone is caught for doing horrible things to women in the work place. Just STFU already.
    Last edited by happy8; November 30th, 2017 at 09:19 AM.

He is not very attractive, but he is not that short. He's 5' 11".

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Russell Simmons now too.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I've played this game. That's not sexual harassment in my book if everyone is goofing around playing a silly game.
    I would not want to play this game in the workplace. Whatsoever.
    czb, bootspaige, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I would not want to play this game in the workplace. Whatsoever.
    In all honesty, I think promoting this game is a way for a pervy guy (like Matt) to get off on some woman saying she would f*ck somebody.
    czb, bootspaige, Beeyotch and 2 others like this.

Another one bites the dust....

NEW: Russell Simmons stepping aside from his companies following sexual misconduct allegation: "I will step aside and commit myself to continuing my personal growth, spiritual learning and above all to listening." https://t.co/SXu7Jo5onP

czb

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i wish just one of these guys would be honest and say that when they gained a certain level of money & power, they knowingly used that to their advantage to harass these women because they knew they would feel like they didn't have a choice.
    that would be awesome, but i don't think these guys see it that way.

i think they think they are being 'nice' and don't realize that the people around them are being 'nice' in return because they HAVE to. 'nice' can vary from a greeting and a smile to anything else. not talking about someone like HW here because i really do think he went out of his way to control and scheme.

i recently had this convo with my CEO. the convo wasn't about sexual harrassment, but about the difference in power between himself (c-suite) and myself (high-level tech person but not c-suite). this CEO really is a nice guy, he called me directly to discuss an issue that in a 'normal' company would've probably led to an HR corrective action instead of a discussion between us. but he only semi- got it. i think when you are in control of peoples' fates at work for so long, you start to believe that people are being 'nice' to you because they actually like you.
    fgg, Kittylady, Beeyotch and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    that would be awesome, but i don't think these guys see it that way.

i think they think they are being 'nice' and don't realize that the people around them are being 'nice' in return because they HAVE to. 'nice' can vary from a greeting and a smile to anything else. not talking about someone like HW here because i really do think he went out of his way to control and scheme.

i recently had this convo with my CEO. the convo wasn't about sexual harrassment, but about the difference in power between himself (c-suite) and myself (high-level tech person but not c-suite). this CEO really is a nice guy, he called me directly to discuss an issue that in a 'normal' company would've probably led to an HR corrective action instead of a discussion between us. but he only semi- got it. i think when you are in control of peoples' fates at work for so long, you start to believe that people are being 'nice' to you because they actually like you.
    Even if someone were so inclined, their lawyers & PR people would never let them make such a statement anyhow (no matter that it's true).

Lauer's 'apology' is the worst "sorry I got caught" yet.
    Penelope and OrangeSlice like this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Well, Trump did.

On the first HR complaint, the boss' statement was very clear that this was the first HR complaint that current management was aware of or that current management had received, definitely not the same thing as first complaint ever.
    Kittylady, Trixie and BrickHouse like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

fgg

Bette Midler Says Geraldo Rivera Once Groped Her and She’s Waiting for an Apology

Bette Midler took to social media to post an old interview with Barbara Walters where she tells a story about how Geraldo Rivera groped her when they first met.

“Geraldo and his producer came to do an interview with me in the ‘70s, the early ‘70s,” Midler told Walters in 1991. “This was when he was very — sort of hot — and he and his producer left the crew in the other room, they pushed me into my bathroom, they broke two poppers and pushed them under my nose and proceeded to grope me.”

“Grope?” Walters asked with a concerned look on her face.

“Groped me,” Midler answered. “I did not offer myself up on the altar of Geraldo Rivera. He was unseemly. His behavior was unseemly.”

The veteran singer and actress tweeted a clip from the interview and asked the longtime journalist for an apology.

“Tomorrow is my birthday,” Midler wrote on Thursday, November 30. “I feel like this video was a gift from the universe to me. Geraldo may have apologized for his tweets supporting Matt Lauer, but he has yet to apologize for this.”

As previously reported, Rivera tweeted and later apologized for controversial comments defending Matt Lauer after the Today show host was fired by NBC News amid allegations of sexual harassment.

“Reaction to my tweets today on #sexharassment makes clear I didn’t sufficiently explain that this is a horrendous problem,” Rivera, 74, tweeted Wednesday, November 29 after getting backlash for calling news a “flirty” business. “Long hidden-Harassers are deviants who deserve what is coming to them-Often victims are too frightened to come forward in a timely fashion-I humbly apologize.”

FOX News also released a statement about Rivera’s tweets.

“Geraldo’s tweets do not reflect the views of FOX News or its management,” a spokesperson for the network told Us Weekly on Wednesday. “We were troubled by his comments and are addressing them with him.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...or-an-apology/
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I knew he was a prick. I'll bet there'll be dozens of women coming forward.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information