Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Matt Lauer fired from NBC News over inappropriate sexual behavior

...executives believe there may be further allegations...
    So, someone googled 'Matt Lauer?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The knock on Gumbel historically has been that he is really rude and condescending. I still can't forget that epic note that got leaked about 25 years ago where he trashed practically the whole Today Show staff, including beloved Willard Scott!
    and he was instrumental in replacing "old" Jane Pauley with Deborah Norville. He sucks.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

fgg

'Today' Show Host Matt Lauer Fired for Sexual Misconduct at NBC (UPDATE)

UPDATE:

9:10 AM PT -- According to the accusers attorney, Ari Wilkenfeld, he and his client met with NBC's HR and legal teams for several hours Monday night. Wilkenfeld says he believes at this time, NBC acted swiftly and appropriately given the allegations.

5:55 AM PT -- The New York Post is reporting the incident that triggered the firing occurred at the Sochi Winter Olympics, when Lauer allegedly assaulted a female NBC staffer.

5:46 AM PT -- Sources connected to NBC tell TMZ the network has been investigating Lauer for weeks and multiple media outlets -- including The New York Times -- were working a story about the anchor and sexual harassment. As one source put it, "Lack tried to get ahead of the story before it broke."

Matt Lauer is no longer the face of NBC's "Today" -- he's been fired for "inappropriate sexual behavior."

The stunning announcement was made on the air at the top of NBC's "Today" by Savannah Guthrie, who read a memo from NBC News Chairman Andy Lack -- "We received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace by Matt Lauer. It represented, after serious review, a clear violation of our company's standards. As a result, we've decided to terminate his employment."

Savannah was joined by Hoda Kotb ... and both anchors shared their shock, saying they had found out just moments before going on the air. Savannah had a very shaky voice as she said "we are devastated and we are still processing all of this." She also said she was "heartbroken" for the "brave colleague" who made the complaint.

In the memo, Lack added this was the first complaint reported to NBC, but they "were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident."

Lauer had been, in many ways, the face of the entire Peacock network for more than 20 years as he anchored "Today" ... which is NBC's biggest moneymaker.

Story developing ...

'Today' Show Host Matt Lauer Fired for Sexual Misconduct at NBC (UPDATE) | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    and he was instrumental in replacing "old" Jane Pauley with Deborah Norville. He sucks.
    I forgot about that! So humiliating for Jane. I am glad to see her hosting CBS Sunday Morning now.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Am I mis-remembering things or hasn't there been tons of stories about him cheating, acting in appropriately over the years? I thought there was a huge hullabaloo around the time he got married and then all his shady ass treatment of his female co-hosts. I think the only reason he's perceived as likable at all is bc of Katie Couric. I'm more shocked at how shocked some are.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I wonder what Katie Couric's truest thoughts will be on this matter?

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/935911667355045890

Apologies if that doesn't work.

There is a video up on Twitter where Katie Couric was asked what Lauer's most annoying habit was. Her response was, "He pinches me on the ass a lot."

And everyone laughed.

From the AP......

BREAKING: Garrison Keillor says he's been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of inappropriate behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Am I mis-remembering things or hasn't there been tons of stories about him cheating, acting in appropriately over the years? I thought there was a huge hullabaloo around the time he got married and then all his shady ass treatment of his female co-hosts. I think the only reason he's perceived as likable at all is bc of Katie Couric. I'm more shocked at how shocked some are.
    Definitely the cheating. I don't know if I was reading it here or somewhere else, but the initial divorce filing by his wife in 2006 was partly over "cruelty". That's not something you see cited very often in a celebrity divorce filing and seems pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I forgot about that! So humiliating for Jane. I am glad to see her hosting CBS Sunday Morning now.
    I had a crush on her the moment I saw her on Today. She was so young she looked like she had just walked out of college and onto the set. Very smart, too.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Via Twitter: Katie Couric in 2012: Lauer ‘pinches me on the ass a lot’
    Five years before NBC axed Matt Lauer amid allegations of sexual misconduct, former “Today” show anchor Katie Couric addressed her longtime co-host’s most “annoying” habit.

During a June 2012 appearance on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen,” Couric, 60, revealed Lauer, 59, got touchy with her behind.

“He pinches me on the ass a lot,” Couric said during the show’s “Plead the Fifth” segment.

NBC announced Wednesday morning Lauer had been fired over sexual harassment allegations by an employee.

“On Monday night, we received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace by Matt Lauer. It represented, after serious review, a clear violation of our company’s standards. As a result, we’ve decided to terminate his employment,” NBC Chairman Andy Lack said in a memo to staffers.

“While it is the first complaint about his behavior in the over twenty years he’s been at NBC News, we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident,” he continued.

“Our highest priority is to create a workplace environment where everyone feels safe and protected, and to ensure that any actions that run counter to our core values are met with consequences, no matter who the offender.”

Lauer is also accused of sexually assaulting a female staffer in 2014 during the Sochi Winter Olympics. The alleged victim informed NBC’s HR department Monday, a source said.

“This happened so quickly. She didn’t go to the media, she made a complaint to NBC’s human resources, and her evidence was so compelling that Matt was fired on Tuesday night.”

Couric anchored the “Today” show from April 1991 to May 2006. Lauer joined in January 1997.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    From the AP......

BREAKING: Garrison Keillor says he's been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of inappropriate behavior.
    WTF?! This probably deserves a thread of its own, but:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.9c40491cefc2

MINNEAPOLIS — Garrison Keillor, the former host of “A Prairie Home Companion,” said Wednesday he has been fired by Minnesota Public Radio over allegations of improper behavior.

Keillor told The Associated Press of his firing in an email. In a follow-up statement, he said he was fired over “a story that I think is more interesting and more complicated than the version MPR heard.” He didn’t give details of the allegation.

Minnesota Public Radio didn’t immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

Keillor, 75, retired as host of his long-running public radio variety show in 2016. His hand-picked successor, mandolinist Chris Thile, is in his second season as “Prairie Home” host.

The statement came shortly after Keillor, an avowed Democrat, wrote a syndicated column that ridiculed the idea that Sen. Al Franken should resign over allegations of sexual harassment.

Keillor started his Saturday evening show featuring tales of his fictional Minnesota hometown of Lake Wobegon — “where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average” — in 1974. The show featured musical acts, folksy humor, parody ads for fake products such as Powdermilk Biscuits and the centerpiece, Keillor delivering a seemingly off-the-cuff monologue, “The News From Lake Wobegon,” in his rich baritone voice.

Keillor bowed out with a final show at the Hollywood Bowl in July 2016 and turned the show over to Thile, a mandolinist and frequent “Prairie Home” guest musician. Keillor went on a 28-city bus tour this summer, vowing it would be his last tour, but he continues on the road with solo shows. Keillor also is finishing a Lake Wobegon screenplay and a memoir about growing up in Minnesota.
    Brookie likes this.

How do you fire someone who retired last year?

Ask the legal department.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    How do you fire someone who retired last year?
    Apparently he was still a producer for a show or two, so he was fired from that.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I hated that NBC opened their official statement with the lie that this was the first incident reported to them. Lying liars who lie. They knew about him just like we all did.
    Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on NBC. This may be the first time an HR report was filed on Lauer, but we all know this isn't the first time they have heard about it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information