Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Matt Lauer fired from NBC News over inappropriate sexual behavior

Different power systems are in place to put a check on these assholes. One is business, another legal (criminal and civil). For the businesses, they can't endure the public outrage (lost ad revenue, lost viewers) and especially not the liability of having a dickwad predator on staff. The government is part of the legal system, so although legal action can be brought against some of the perps, they can work the system from the inside to keep themselves untouchable (uh, so to speak ). They also have massive disinformation campaigns on their side. Justice will be far slower to reach them, if it does. I guess this may be part of why politics attracts criminals and sociopaths in the first place.
    Trixie and panic like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Who's really surprised? Lauer's a major creeper IMO. It was just a matter of time before someone outed him.
    BITTER and HeartShapedBox like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Um, was I the only one who didn't see this coming? If this was the only complaint against him at NBC, then it's gotta be bad.

I was watching the Today show this morning when this broke (I just happened to be visiting my Mom this morning for coffee). She was so shocked. When I told her that this had been brewing for years, she just about fell over. I'm curious to hear everything that comes out in the wash. We all knew this was coming for years.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I just watched the beginning of the Today show about 10 minutes ago (I'm on the West coast); I have to admit, hearing Savannah brought a tear to my eye, she seemed genuinely shaken by the news, you could hear it in her voice and see it on her face...
    fgg likes this.

I wanna know what the proof is that they have that Matt did this before. Hmmmmmm. God help me if he they have some nasty dick pics or some Geraldo type naked bathroom selfies of Matt . I have purposely avoided the Today show all these years because I loathe him.
    sparkles likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Matt sexually assaulted someone?? Egads!! I knew that he had become a huge jerk to work with, but WOW! I knew that he had cheated on his wife. The worst thing that I had heard about him was that no one wanted to work out with him at the gym because of his... flatulence problem. Dude took copious amounts of chewable Vitamin C, which caused the problem... . Better a gasbag than a sexual harasser!
    VeraGemini and I'mNotBitter like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I haven't watched "Today" for quite a while, since they treated Trump like just one of the guys during the election cycle. I stopped watching "Tonight Show" for the same reason.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

y
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I wanna know what the proof is that they have that Matt did this before. Hmmmmmm. God help me if he they have some nasty dick pics or some Geraldo type naked bathroom selfies of Matt . I have purposely avoided the Today show all these years because I loathe him.
    Yes, sounds like someone has been "saving the receipts" and perhaps felt like any threats thrown their way in the past have been minimized in the new climate.
    Sunnygirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I haven't watched "Today" for quite a while, since they treated Trump like just one of the guys during the election cycle. I stopped watching "Tonight Show" for the same reason.
    I haven't really seen it regularly either, except when I'm leaving the gym around 7 am. I have to admit, they have one of the best intro montages that I've ever seen. Super dramatic and pulls me right in. I love that part. I'm barely familiar with Lauer, but he seemed okay to me. But then, so did Charlie Rose.

For them to summarily fire this marquee guy literally overnight must mean we are going to see some really apocalyptic stuff. Not just the Olympics claim but other stuff. Very curious that they were able to state that they hadn't received one complaint about him in 20 years. However, if the NY Times is doing a big story on him, it sounds like there are going to be some really lurid shenanigans still to be revealed and with multiple sources.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    For them to summarily fire this marquee guy literally overnight must mean we are going to see some really apocalyptic stuff.

This is what I'm thinking too. I just hope NBC doesn't manage to shove it back under the rug.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I hated that NBC opened their official statement with the lie that this was the first incident reported to them. Lying liars who lie. They knew about him just like we all did.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    This is what I'm thinking too. I just hope NBC doesn't manage to shove it back under the rug.
    I think the only thing that will protect top executives now is to be transparent and decisive. But I HAVE been told I am incredibly naïve!
    sprynkles and bootspaige like this.

I can't stand him but I dislike Bryant Gumble even more. Hope he gets splattered too.
    Nevan likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I can't stand him but I dislike Bryant Gumble even more. Hope he gets splattered too.
    The knock on Gumbel historically has been that he is really rude and condescending. I still can't forget that epic note that got leaked about 25 years ago where he trashed practically the whole Today Show staff, including beloved Willard Scott!
    bootspaige and Nevan like this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information