Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree706Likes

Thread: Matt Lauer fired from NBC News over inappropriate sexual behavior

"Who's Natalie?!?".....~julia roberts in the funniest drunken clip ever.
    MsDark likes this.

Don't worry Matt, you can become president. The pay is way shittier. But the perks: All the pussy you can grab.
    gas_chick, Brookie, BITTER and 9 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

All I know about him is that Tom Cruise called him 'glib' about 10 years ago.

Shinola and holly like this.

I feel shitty because the headline made me go 'YES', and then sorry for the persons he did this to. He always gave me that perv kind of feeling.

Trump, really??? STFU you pussygrabbing stupid Cheeto. I cannot wait until your Russian friend releases the pipi tape.

To me he comes off as a pretentious douchebag. I have never liked him. He seriously gives off a very creepy vibe.
    Trixie, BITTER, emkat and 3 others like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Bronze Member

I wonder if it was Natalie Morales who outed him? It has to be someone high profile enough for this to happen so quickly. Or NBC knows more will be coming forward. Couldn't happen to a better person or a better station. Fuck NBC

Somewhere, Ann Curry is sitting back and having a nice long laugh. At least I hope so.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Good stuff. Keep firing these jerks.
    sprynkles and panic like this.

yes, hoping Ann is having a gleeful morning. he was such a dick to her. i've never liked this guy and thank you for the Tom Cruise glib clip.....he and julia always bring the chuckles and i needed it this morning. i agree, just like my prediction with KS, for the network to move this big of a stone without rumblings leaked, there is major shit about to hit the fan.
    Trixie and I'mNotBitter like this.

fgg

Matt Lauer allegedly sexually assaulted staffer during Olympics

Matt Lauer allegedly sexually assaulted a female NBC staffer during the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014, sources told Page Six.

An NBC insider said Lauer’s alleged victim complained to HR on Monday, “This happened so quickly. She didn’t go to the media, she made a complaint to NBC’s human resources, and her evidence was so compelling that Matt was fired on Tuesday night. The victim says she has evidence that this has also happened to other women, but so far we don’t have evidence of that.”

Another source tells us that the decision to fire Lauer was made late last night by NBC News chairman Andy Lack.

Lauer’s firing comes amid rumors that several news outlets were working on stories about his alleged sexual misconduct.

Reporters for The New York Times had been investigating Lauer for several weeks, according to sources who had been contacted by the paper, CNN reported.

Lauer’s co-anchor Savannah Guthrie made the stunning announcement Wednesday morning at the top of the show by reading a statement from Lack.

“On Monday night, we received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace by Matt Lauer. It represented, after serious review, a clear violation of our company’s standards. As a result, we’ve decided to terminate his employment,” Lack wrote.

“While it is the first complaint about his behavior in the over twenty years he’s been at NBC News, we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident,” he continued.

“Our highest priority is to create a workplace environment where everyone feels safe and protected, and to ensure that any actions that run counter to our core values are met with consequences, no matter who the offender.

“We are deeply saddened by this turn of events. But we will face it together as a news organization – and do it in as transparent a manner as we can.”

A visibly shaken Guthrie, who has worked with Lauer since 2012, said she was informed about his ouster just a few moments before going on the air.

“We just learned this moments ago, just this morning. As I’m sure you can imagine, we are devastated and we are still processing all of this,” she said.

“And I will tell you right now, we do not know more than what I just shared with you. But we will be covering this story as reporters, as journalists. I’m sure we will be learning more details in the hours and days to come, and we promise we will share that with you.”

She added: “We are heartbroken. I’m heartbroken for Matt – he is my dear, dear friend and my partner, and he has been loved by many, many people here. And I’m heartbroken for the brave colleague who came forward to tell her story, and any other women who have their own stories to tell.”

Her co-host Hoda Kotb called it a “tough morning,” noting that she has known Lauer for years and “loved him as a friend and a colleague.”

“It’s hard to reconcile with what we are hearing with the man who we know, who walks in this building every single day,” Kotb said. “We were both woken up with the news, kind of pre-dawn, and we’re trying to process it and trying to make sense of it – and it’ll take some time for that.”

Al Roker, who was giving the weather report, also was visibly upset, saying that he was “trying to process” the news about his friend of three deacdes.

Lauer’s axing comes a week after CBS News fired one of its own morning anchors, Charlie Rose, after several women accused the “CBS This Morning” co-host of sexual misconduct.

President Trump reacted to the news on Twitter.

“Wow, Matt Lauer was just fired from NBC for ‘inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.’ But when will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News. Check out Andy Lack’s past!”

Comcast is NBC’s parent company.

Lauer, 59, was named co-anchor of “Today” in January 1997 after three years as the news reader.

His wife, Annette famously filed for divorce in 2006, accusing him of “cruel and inhumane” behavior, but withdrew the filing a month later after they reached a private agreement.

They ostensibly live separate lives, she lives full time in the Hamptons with their children, while Matt resides in the city during the week.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt-...ring-olympics/

i've always liked him but am not surprised at the news.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by bootspaige View Post
    yes, hoping Ann is having a gleeful morning. he was such a dick to her. i've never liked this guy and thank you for the Tom Cruise glib clip.....he and julia always bring the chuckles and i needed it this morning. i agree, just like my prediction with KS, for the network to move this big of a stone without rumblings leaked, there is major shit about to hit the fan.
    I heard that the people who were behind exposing Harvey Weinstein were coming for Matt so you might be right. This is NBC trying to get ahead of the shitstorm that's about to fall.

I'm glad he was exposed for the asshole we all knew he was but someone please tell me how all these people are losing their jobs and reputations and yet Dump is still in the White House and Roy Moore is still about to be in Congress, so on and so on. They hypocrisy is overwhelming.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    The idiot has weighed in with important commentary. I hope he keeps it up so that NBC finally releases all of the backstage racist crap they have on him.

Wow, Matt Lauer was just fired from NBC for “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.” But when will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News. Check out Andy Lack’s past!

8:16 AM - 29 Nov 2017
    If pee-paw Drumpf were in a nursing home instead of the White House, they would have taken his social media access away by now.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Obviously there is a different set of standards in politics and it blows my mind too. I still can't believe Billy Bush lost his job, basically for laughing along, and the Bozo is unscathed. (Not that I have any love for Billy Bush, just sayin'.)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Agreed. I mean the guy will probably never work again and Dump is President. I think that our President should be held to a higher standard than a fucking entertainment reporter.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information