Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree706Likes

Thread: Matt Lauer fired from NBC News over inappropriate sexual behavior

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Wasn't he (Daly) open about having an eating disorder in the past?
    I recall after his MTV days he admitted to being an alcoholic and bulimic.

Thumbs up MATT LAUER ANNETTE FILES DIVORCE SETTLEMENT ... Judge to Make it Final

Matt Lauer and Annette Roque are one signature away from being legally single.

Annette filed divorce docs Tuesday in Suffolk County, NY and, according to court records, Matt's not contesting. Makes sense ... last month, the couple reportedly hammered out a settlement that has her walking away with $20 million in assets.

It's unclear exactly how they're splitting up their properties -- they've got a ton in NY state and even New Zealand -- but the NY Post reported Annette's getting their horse farm in the Hamptons.

The couple split up back in 2017 after Matt was fired from 'Today' over a slew of sexual harassment allegations at NBC.
    It appears Matt and Annette, and of course their lawyers, hashed out the division of their assets in private before filing the paperwork with the court.

Now, they just need the judge to sign off and they'll be ready to mingle, as they say. Court officials say there's no timeline on when they'll get that stamp of approval -- there's no waiting period, it just depends on the judge's workload.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/10/matt-...d-court-judge/
    Brookie likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

It's not $38 billion, but I wouldn't turn it down.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

fgg

Matt Lauer sexual harassment accusers to tell all in Ronan Farrow book

A group of women with fresh claims of sexual harassment against Matt Lauer has spoken out for the first time to Ronan Farrow, The Post can reveal.

Farrow has also spoken to the woman whose initial complaint to NBC led to the disgraced former “Today” show anchor’s firing.

She has made the difficult decision to come forward and name herself in Farrow’s explosive new book, “Catch and Kill,” The Post is told.

We revealed in March that the woman was actually the ex-assistant to Lauer’s former “Today” co-anchor Meredith Vieira.

While her relationship has been characterized in the past as an “affair” by NBC sources, her lawyer Ari Wilkenfeld told The Post: “At no point in time, did I say or do anything to encourage NBC to downplay my client’s allegations. We clearly indicated an absence of consent.” NBC — who called Lauer’s alleged behavior “reprehensible” and “appalling” — declined to comment on this.

Lauer and the aide — who subsequently rose to the role of a “Today” producer — embarked on a long-term affair starting at the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014.

She went to NBC chiefs about the affair on Nov. 27, 2017. Lauer was sacked the next night after NBC News chairman Andy Lack went over to his Upper East Side apartment to fire him.

An NBC source with knowledge of the situation told us earlier this year: “This was not a fling; it was an affair. She went and complained and Matt was fired. He admitted it when Andy confronted him.”

The producer no longer works at NBC, it is believed.

At the time of Lauer’s exit, the woman’s attorney told “Today” that she was “terrified” that people would discover her identity.

We revealed earlier this year that the woman was actually considering writing her own book and was speaking to various publishers, as TV sources admitted this was “surprising” — considering how vocal her attorney was about maintaining her anonymity.

It’s not yet known how many women have spoken on the record for the book, but The Post is told that Lauer has hired a team of high-powered lawyers ahead of its publication on Oct. 15.

There are believed to be new allegations, as a source said: “A number of women with new claims spoke with Ronan.”

However, a source revealed that Lauer and his team are well aware of what is in the book after being given the opportunity to comment and fact-check by Farrow’s fact-checker Sean Lavery.

A source said: “These survivors have bravely made the decision on their own terms to come forward in the context of this book’s reporting.”

In a statement, Farrow’s publishers, Little, Brown and Company, declined to comment on the matter but told us that they are “extremely proud of the important reporting in ‘Catch and Kill,’ which has been meticulously fact-checked and vetted.”

In 2018, Lauer released a statement in which he said: “I have made no public comments on the many false stories from anonymous or biased sources that have been reported about me over these past several months . . . I remained silent in an attempt to protect my family from further embarrassment and to restore a small degree of the privacy they have lost. But defending my family now requires me to speak up.

“I fully acknowledge that I acted inappropriately as a husband, father and principal at NBC. However I want to make it perfectly clear that any allegations or reports of coercive, aggressive or abusive actions on my part, at any time, are absolutely false.”

Farrow’s book also details his reporting on the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

It also features more on his claims that NBC refused to air his investigation into the disgraced movie producer’s alleged sex crimes.

Farrow has consistently claimed that NBC pushed his reporting to the sidelines after it was blocked by network bigwigs, prompting him to take his reporting to the New Yorker. His claims have been denied by NBC, which previously said it was an “outright lie” that they tried to quash Farrow’s reporting.

This, in conjunction with reporting by the New York Times’ Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey, sparked the “Me Too” era.

Weinstein now faces trial after being charged with two counts of predatory sexual assault, one count of first-degree criminal sexual act, one count of first-degree rape and one count of third-degree rape.

The upcoming book says it details “surveillance and intimidation deployed by wealthy and connected men to threaten journalists, evade accountability and silence victims of abuse,” according to Little, Brown and Company. “And it’s the story of the women who risked everything to expose the truth.”

Three women previously spoke to the Washington Post about alleged harassment by Lauer.

One woman claimed that the anchor exposed himself in his office and asked her to touch him, and a second claimed he had sex with her in the middle of the day in his office.

A third woman claimed that Lauer gave her a sex toy, as first reported by Variety at the time he was fired.

Three former NBC staffers, who supported Lauer, said at the time that Lauer’s relationships with women were consensual.

Lauer denied the allegations and allegedly told two people who worked with him that his relationships at work were nothing more than evidence of a troubled marriage.

But NBC News chairman Lack took a different view, and in memos to staff, described Lauer’s behavior as “reprehensible” and “appalling.”

Addie Zinone, a former production assistant on “Today,” was the only one to come forward publicly alleging she had a consensual but damaging one-month relationship with Lauer in 2000.

She said she was 24 and he was in his 40s. She first told her story to Variety and repeated it to the Washington Post in April 2018.

Zinone — who no longer works at NBC — asked: “Where are the other victims, and why haven’t they come forward?”

The Post reported that Lauer has finalized a multimillion-dollar divorce from Annette Roque, the mother of his three children.

He has been spending time in the Hamptons and, as friends have told The Post, he believes there is “no future” for him on TV.

Lawyers for Lauer declined to comment.

https://pagesix.com/2019/09/25/matt-...n-farrow-book/
    twitchy2.0 and Brookie like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Once again, Ronan Farrow is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Once again, Ronan Farrow is my hero.

I LOVE him. I follow him on twitter. He gives all the tea and brings all the receipts .

fgg

NBC News preps for Ronan Farrow’s bombshell book

NBC News finds itself in the unfortunate position of preparing to cover a splashy book that is expected to be packed with jaw-dropping allegations — about NBC News.

With Ronan Farrow’s long-awaited book “Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators” due on shelves Oct. 15 — and expected to delve into ousted anchor Matt Lauer’s relationships with younger staffers, as well as the network’s alleged decision not to complete Farrow’s investigation into Harvey Weinstein — insiders say execs have been huddling to figure out how to deal with the fallout.

While sources say that network brass believe the worst of the allegations about Farrow’s Weinstein story — which won a Pulitzer and helped to bring down the disgraced mogul — have already come out, we’re told that there’s serious anxiety at the network about what the book says about Lauer’s philandering. “They’re bracing for bombshells,” said a source.

While Lauer was fired as a “Today” anchor in 2017 for his sexual encounters with one staffer, Page Six has reported that Farrow has interviews with several new alleged victims of the ousted host in the Little, Brown book.

We also reported that his original accuser will publicly identify herself for the first time in the book.

Lauer has denied the accusations, previously stating that “I want to make it perfectly clear that any allegations or reports of coercive, aggressive or abusive actions on my part, at any time, are absolutely false.”

We’re told that other newsrooms around town expect the book to be big news.

“It’s a highly anticipated release in other newsrooms,” said an industry insider. “Ronan usually does quite a bit of press for his reporting so you have to imagine the book will dominate the news cycle for several days.”

NBC has denied that it “spiked” Farrow’s story about Weinstein and produced a 12-page report on the incident. An NBC spokesperson declined to comment.

https://pagesix.com/2019/09/30/nbc-n...ombshell-book/
    Brookie, lindsaywhit and Lalasnake like this.

Matt should be happy this is coming out now. It’s unlikely that this is going to “dominate news cycles” given that the country is on the verge of collapse from a corrupt President. His impending impeachment and the involvement of our AG and Secretary of State in these shenanigans is dominating the news and probably will for the next few months at least.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

fgg

Ronan Farrow book claims Matt Lauer raped ex-NBC staffer in Sochi hotel room

Former NBC News employee Brooke Nevils claims in a new book that Matt Lauer raped her in a hotel room in 2014, a report said Wednesday.

The journalist discloses the sexual assault allegation in Ronan Farrow’s “Catch and Kill,” which describes how the former “Today” show host allegedly anally raped her in the hotel room during the network’s coverage of the Sochi Olympics, according to Variety.

Nevils said she was in Sochi to work with “Today” co-anchor Meredith Vieira when the attack occurred, according to Variety, which obtained a copy of the book.

She allegedly ran into Lauer during a boozy night at their hotel bar and went back to his hotel room after he invited her.

Once in the room, Lauer pushed her onto the bed and asked if she liked anal sex, according to the report.

“She said that she declined several times,” Farrow wrote in the book, according to the report.

Lauer then “just did it,” Farrow wrote.

Nevils told Farrow the pain was excruciating and she spent the entire ordeal crying into a pillow.

“It was nonconsensual in the sense that I was too drunk to consent,” she told Farrow.

“It was nonconsensual in that I said, multiple times, that I didn’t want to have anal sex.”

Despite the alleged rape, Nevils said she had more sexual encounters with Lauer when they returned to New York.

“It was completely transactional. It was not a relationship,” she told Farrow, according to the report.

Nevils reported her ordeal to NBC executives and Lauer eventually was fired over the alleged sex assault. She was put on medical leave in 2018 and eventually was paid more than $1 million by the network.

“The network proposed a script she would have to read, suggesting that she had left to pursue other endeavors, that she was treated well, and that NBC News was a positive example of sexual harassment,” Farrow wrote in the book, according to Variety.

NBC did not immediately return a request for comment.

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/09/ronan...hi-hotel-room/
    Brookie and Lalasnake like this.

fgg

Matt Lauer fires back against NBC staffer who accused him of rape

Matt Lauer fired back against the former NBC staffer accusing him of rape, saying in lengthy response Wednesday that she “seemed to know exactly what she wanted to do” and saying her story is filled with contradictions.

The ousted “Today” show host admitted that he had an extramarital affair with Brooke Nevils but claims their relationship was entirely consensual.

In a new book out by Ronan Farrow, Nevils accused Lauer of anally raping her in a Sochi hotel room in 2014 during the network’s Olympic coverage.

“In a new book, it is alleged that an extramarital, but consensual, sexual encounter I have previously admitted having, was in fact an assault,” Lauer wrote in an “open letter” sent through his lawyer Libby Locke. “It is categorically false, ignores the facts, and defies common sense.”

He goes on to say in the nearly 1,400-word piece that the alleged encounter in Sochi was “the first of many sexual encounters between us over the next several months.”

“There was absolutely nothing aggressive about that encounter. Brooke did not do or say anything to object. She certainly did not cry. She was a fully enthusiastic and willing partner,” Lauer wrote. “At no time did she behave in a way that made it appear she was incapable of consent. She seemed to know exactly what she wanted to do. The only concern she expressed was that someone might see her leaving my room. She embraced me at the door as she left.”

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/09/matt-...d-him-of-rape/

full statement at the link.

Bronze Member

He should just keep quiet.

fgg

NBC paid settlements to Matt Lauer’s victims for years, Ronan Farrow claims

NBC News arranged settlements and nondisclosure agreements with Matt Lauer victims for years, Ronan Farrow claimed in a new interview Friday.

The Pulitzer Prize winner appeared on ABC’s “Good Morning America” to defend the reporting in his bombshell book “Catch and Kill.”

But he also contradicted NBC’s stance that it only learned of sexual misconduct allegations against Lauer when Brooke Nevils came forward in November 2017, prompting the anchor’s termination.

“This is not what the reporting in the book suggests. We spent several years reporting this out, extensively fact-checking it,” Farrow told George Stephanopoulos. “What we show in this book with the paper trail with documents is that there were multiple secret settlements and nondisclosures being struck with women at NBC.”

“But those were after the fact,” Stephanopoulos interrupted.

Farrow replied, “Nope. Years before. Over a period of six to seven years. A period in which NBC had previously denied any settlements –”

“On Matt Lauer?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“There were seven nondisclosure agreements, multiple ones of those with Matt Lauer accusers,” Farrow responded. “This is years before this incident with Brooke Nevils and the firing and I spoke to senior executives who were told about those earlier incidents.”

The Peacock Network has been rocked by allegations that Lauer raped Nevils, a former producer, in 2014. Nevils’ account emerged earlier this week in an excerpt of Farrow’s upcoming book.

NBC News chief Andy Lack issued a lengthy response, accusing Farrow of painting a “fundamentally untrue picture” and claiming the network was in the dark about the then-married “Today” show host’s alleged sexual misconduct.

“The first moment we learned of it was the night of November 27, 2017, and he was fired in 24 hours,” Lack wrote in an internal memo. “Any suggestion that we knew prior to that evening or tried to cover up any aspect of Lauer’s conduct is absolutely false and offensive.”

Reps for NBC didn’t immediately return a message.

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/11/nbc-p...farrow-claims/

he seems to be the gift that keeps on giving...
    Brookie and Lalasnake like this.

Time to clean house.

I don't know how Lack is going to survive this.
    fgg and Lalasnake like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I don't know how Lack is going to survive this.
    He's toast, and let's not forget this is EXACTLY the same thing that FoxNews was doing with O'Reilly and his victims. Covering it up with settlements.
    Nevan, fgg, lindsaywhit and 2 others like this.

Thread Information