Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Matt Damon To Leonardo DiCaprio: You Donít Have To Try So Hard

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    He also doesn't need the paycheck that a fluff piece offers. Unlike Robert DeNiro, who clearly does, since he's not been very discriminating with his film roles for years. He's nearly ruined his legacy as one of the acting greats.
    Was he the older actor that said he chooses his films now based on filming location so he can travel while he has the chance? Can't recall. Would explain the poor choices.
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Was he the older actor that said he chooses his films now based on filming location so he can travel while he has the chance? Can't recall. Would explain the poor choices.
    That would make sense. He probably doesn't want to take up anymore serious roles and enjoy his life with a nice pay check.

I think it has to do with alimony and child support. He's got a few ex-wives and kids to look after. Gets expensive.
    arie_skop likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

He's been married twice, and has been with wife #2 for almost 20 years. He has 6 kids, with 3 women, but only one is under 18.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I like both Damon and Leo. I hope the latter will get an Oscar. It is long overdue. He is one of the finest actors of the last 20 years, so it is about time.
    rollo likes this.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Well the revenant got a lot of BAFTAs and that is frequently a good indicator.

Anyone else secretly praying that that smarmy, bulbous headed, green dicked smugster doesn't win the Oscar?
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by Belt Up View Post
    Anyone else secretly praying that that smarmy, bulbous headed, green dicked smugster doesn't win the Oscar?
    Yes! I am praying he loses this Oscar but he is firm favourite now. damnit

Omigawd, yes me!! I can't believe I used to have a massive crush on this guy, but I find Leo to be arrogant, full of himself, and he takes himself waaaaaaaay too seriously. He also seems spoilt, and if you believe blind items, he was pretty cruel to Gisele and Bar towards the end their relationships. There's a reason he's not friends with any of them anymore. Plus, he's the ringleader of the Pussy Posse??? And the way he exclusively dates younger women, Idk, men like that ime don't think too highly of women. I hope this ass loses, and there's a 'surprise win.' I hope Matt Damon wins, and I hate Matt Damon as well haha! Rant over
    arie_skop and Belt Up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    Omigawd, yes me!! I can't believe I used to have a massive crush on this guy, but I find Leo to be arrogant, full of himself, and he takes himself waaaaaaaay too seriously. He also seems spoilt, and if you believe blind items, he was pretty cruel to Gisele and Bar towards the end their relationships. There's a reason he's not friends with any of them anymore. Plus, he's the ringleader of the Pussy Posse??? And the way he exclusively dates younger women, Idk, men like that ime don't think too highly of women. I hope this ass loses, and there's a 'surprise win.' I hope Matt Damon wins, and I hate Matt Damon as well haha! Rant over
    Me too, I used to like him when he first appeared on What's eating Gilbert's Grape but now I find him too arrogant and thinks highly of himself. I honestly don't consider him to be some acting genius as he tends to pick the similar type of roles and works with a great team.

I think he plays the same damn character in all of his movies, or there's not much difference. I also don't think he's the acting great people make him out to be. I hope he doesn't win, and he never wins, and he's one of those actors who are considered great, and people wonder why he hasn't won an Oscar yet, like say Gary Oldman.

I mean it's like that now, but I hope it's like that for aaaaaalll eternity.
    Last edited by electrocuted_sheep; February 16th, 2016 at 05:15 AM.
    arie_skop likes this.

This is what annoys me, he plays the same character all the time but we are supposed to be impressed with him. I was annoyed he played Jay in The Great Gasby as he just portrayed the same facial expressions and manner we see in most films. Plus, I thought he struggled in Revolutionary Road as Kate Winslet just out-classed him (if that makes sense).

I think the media just wants us to believe he is the best actor.

As you said, he probably has a great team behind him, as does Jennifer Lawrence apparently. He also tends to overact at times, especially in his emotional scenes. I haven't seen Revolutionary Road, I might check it out, but every time I find out Leo is in a movie, it automatically turns me off of it. All of his movies I've seen, only because I've wanted to see the other actors in it, or it's by a director I love, like Django Unchained.

You should watch Revolutionary Road and you'll notice the different class of acting between Kate and Leo lol Anyway now I also avoid watching any of his films but it's hard when he works with the great directors...
    electrocuted_sheep likes this.

leo-festo: i don't get the hate and hope he wins the oscar. it is long overdue. i don't see him taking complex roles as trying hard, it's just that he's actually that good of an actor and in a position to be able to do these type of challenging roles. why would he do shallow rom-coms like ashton kutcher, for example? he's on a whole different level than that.
    what he does in his private life is good for us on GR, but as an actor, he's in a league of his own.

also, how could anyone watch this

and not love him? he seems nice, funny and humble, i don't see arrogant at all.
    witchcurlgirl, sluce and rollo like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information