Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Matt Damon To Leonardo DiCaprio: You Don’t Have To Try So Hard

I'm so excited that Matt is back as Jason Bourne. He can diss whomever he chooses.
    panic, kasippu, arie_skop and 1 others like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I respect both of them as great actors.

It was so funny watching Matt Damon be Michael Douglas' boy toy in Liberace. I give props for that alone.

I love the "feud" between Jimmy Kimmel and Matt Damon and that every episode of Jimmy Kimmel, for years now, Kimmel adds into the closing of every show, "my apologies to matt damon, we ran out of time."
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I believe Matt and Leo are friendly and Matt was making comments as a joke.
    panic, sputnik, Ravenna and 6 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I agree and so does people mag

..,. The quip – a reference to The Revenant's brutal yearlong shoot and $135 million budget – had DiCaprio and the film's director, Alejandro González Iñárritu, both laughing.

By comparison, Scott's The Martian was shot over just 70 days and cost $27 million less to produce.

DiCaprio is likely no stranger to Damon's sense of humor having worked with him on the 2006's The Departed.

Facebook
    Twitter

Saturday's awards were attended by a who's who of Hollywood heavyweights, including Steven Spielberg, Bryan Cranston, Paul Haggis, Geena Davis, Lily Tomlin, Christian Bale, Steve Carrell, and Ryan Gosling.

With The Revenant taking tops honors at the Directors Guild Awards, González Iñárritu appears to be a lock for the directing Oscar. The race for best film is getting more unpredictable, as Spotlight was named best film at the Screen Actors Guild Awards with The Big Short winning in that category at the Producers Guild Awards. The Revenant took home the Golden Globe for best motion picture, drama, and The Martian snagged the same award for comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I always thought the rumor was that Matt wrote the script and Ben was just along for the ride.
    Yes, I also heard this rumour and I assumed it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by pmpk4757 View Post
    I'm hoping that Leo doesn't just because I can't get enough of his "I'm sooooo happy for you" face when he loses.
    Me too, I hope he loses the Oscar lol I am so over him trying "so hard" and picking big roles to win an Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I always thought the rumor was that Matt wrote the script and Ben was just along for the ride.
    I had never heard any of these rumors about who wrote it!!! Learn so much here. This makes more sense..

As far as Matt and Leo, I like them both, but over exposure during Oscar time is grating (side eyeing Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence).

Quote Originally Posted by pmpk4757 View Post
    I'm hoping that Leo doesn't just because I can't get enough of his "I'm sooooo happy for you" face when he loses.
    I do love the Leo/Oscar memes that float around - as sad as they make me I can't help but laugh at most of them.
    Mrs P and kasippu like this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

If Leo joined the boycott then he wouldn't have to listen to the "trying to hard" comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I'm starting to love Matt Damon and his smart mouth and bitchy comments. For years he pretended he was all Mr. Nice Guy but now it seems like he doesn't care if the world knows he's a bit of an asshole and it only makes me like him more.
    And lets not forget he rocked it in Behind the Candelabra.
    gas_chick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by arie_skop View Post
    Yes, I also heard this rumour and I assumed it was true.
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    I had never heard any of these rumors about who wrote it!!! Learn so much here. This makes more sense..

As far as Matt and Leo, I like them both, but over exposure during Oscar time is grating (side eyeing Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Lawrence).
    Here's Family Guy to explain it :

I'm not a huge Leo fan. His niche is biopics in which I usually never find him believable. Howard Hughes with that babyface? Playing Jordan Belfort - a tough talking Bronx born, non-Anglo New Yorker? I could not suspend disbelief with either of those roles. His face does not have enough character. So I'm not sure I think he was robbed of the Oscar with these past performances. That said, I do recognize his fine acting abilities. He was great in The Departed, adequate in Titanic, and a few others. I have not seen The Revenant so cannot comment personally on his performance. It does seem like this is his year to shine with the Academy. I wish him well.
    Last edited by qwerty; February 13th, 2016 at 12:20 PM.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

I really liked Leo's performances in The Wolf of Wall Street and Django Unchained. He takes on his characters and refuses the fluff pieces, and for those reasons, i respect him as an actor.
    sluce, stef and rollo like this.

He also doesn't need the paycheck that a fluff piece offers. Unlike Robert DeNiro, who clearly does, since he's not been very discriminating with his film roles for years. He's nearly ruined his legacy as one of the acting greats.
    rollo likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information