Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree257Likes

Thread: Mary-Kate Olsen marries Olivier Sarkozy in NYC

meh. she's just tiny so she looks younger than her age but she's 33 and he's 50, there's worse when it comes to age gaps. plus, she's the rich powerful one in the relationship and got a really tight prenup, which would indicate she went into this with her eyes open. and apparently she was the one smitten with him first.
    i just think they look hilarious, she basically looks like a tiny degenerate and he looks like an oversized version of his brother, and then the kid's there like wtf?

eta: spelling
    Last edited by sputnik; May 15th, 2020 at 08:06 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post

i'd forgotten how amazing this photo is
    She looks like she’d be an awesome stepmom.
    Trixie, sputnik, sprynkles and 4 others like this.

I'm not really getting an old man/young girl vibe from these two. I mean they're gruesome, but not for that reason. She's always looked like an old bag lady to me, so their age difference isn't as creepy as their general grossness.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

i kind of love that about mk. she's not even trying to project a faux air of wholesomeness like most other celebrities. she's like fuck off, i don't want to talk to any of you, so leave me the fuck alone to my cigarettes and my exquisitely made, ridiculously overpriced oversized basics. i bet she's nocturnal.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Just to throw this out there, my SO calls me an Olsen twin all the time, because of my insane fashion choices.

Of course, my oversized basics are more along the lines of Nordstrom, the Gap, and J Crew!
    czb, Waterslide and sprynkles like this.

Was MK the one who was somewhat involved with the death of Heath Ledger? Didn't he die in her apartment or something like that? Or was that the other twin?
    rollo and Waterslide like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^ yes, that was her. The masseuse that found him called MK to ask what to do, and that was really suspicious IMO. It wasn't her apartment though, I read the articles again. At least I couldn't find anything hinting at that. There were several reports as to if the two of them were friends, a couple, or drug-buddies.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd like my stepmother to be a 'tiny degenerate' around my kids. IDK though, she could have changed.
    DawnM74 and sprynkles like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I want to know why they are breaking up. The exact reason. I remember liking her engagement cocktail ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I want to know why they are breaking up. The exact reason. I remember liking her engagement cocktail ring.

I want to know too, especially since she seems to think her status and money can get her into courts when most are just barely having emergency hearings. Must be something big?
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

fgg

Olivier Sarkozy moved ex-wife into home amid Mary-Kate Olsen split

Mary-Kate Olsen and her husband Olivier Sarkozy split as he moved his ex-wife into their Hamptons mansion to protect her and their kids from the pandemic, multiple sources confirmed to Page Six.

Former “Full House” star Olsen, 33, officially filed for divorce from French banker Sarkozy, 50, when New York courts reopened Monday to new cases following coronavirus closures.

But sources exclusively told Page Six the pair — who were married for five years — split in April as Sarkozy moved his ex-wife, Charlotte Bernard, their two children and his mother from New York City into the five-bedroom, 4,000-square-foot Bridgehampton mansion he shared with Olsen.

One source told us, “Olivier was concerned for the safety of his family in New York during the pandemic. He insisted to Mary-Kate that he wanted to bring his ex-wife, their kids and his mother from the city, to their Bridgehampton home.”

The source added, “Maybe French people culturally have a different view of marriage, and while Mary-Kate loves his children, it was too much to have his ex-wife living with them during the pandemic. Would you want the ex-wife living with you for an unforeseeable amount of time in the middle of a crisis?”

A second source added, “The moment MK drove out of the driveway in April, Olivier had his mother, kids, and wait for this … Charlotte his ex-wife, move in to keep them in a safer place, away from COVID.

“There’s no romance between Charlotte and Olivier, he wants to keep everyone (including Charlotte) safe from COVID.

“It was not uncommon for Charlotte to be around and stay in a separate bedroom in the Hamptons on holidays or birthdays. They have two kids and have always put them first. In their French way, family comes first, even with a divorce. Charlotte was even at Olivier’s wedding to Mary-Kate.”

As for the problems in Olsen and Sarkozy’s marriage, “It was simply erosion … growing apart. No cheating or betrayals … sometimes couples just run their course. The plan to move in his family was his way of moving on, and the final straw for Mary-Kate.”

Sources previously told Page Six he was the one who ended their marriage by canceling the lease on their Gramercy Park apartment without her knowledge in the midst of the pandemic, although Olsen filed for divorce.

After leaving their $5 million Bridgehampton home, she decamped to a multi-million dollar Hamptons estate with a private dock she rented for the summer for $325,000, Page Six exclusively revealed.

While it was reported that his 2010 divorce with Charlotte was messy, the source added the former couple have remained on good terms, “His first divorce was actually smooth. French law had allowed him to give her a very small amount, 10 percent, but he gave her 50 percent. He and Charlotte are on good, very friendly terms … right now in Bridgehampton they are happily all eating long lunches.”

Charlotte and Olivier share a son, Julien, a student at St Andrews University in Scotland, and a daughter, Margot.

After her divorce with Sarkozy, Charlotte, who lives in NYC, penned the book “Men Are Like Melons: A French Woman’s Guide to Surviving Divorce and Finding Love in the Era of the App.” According to the book’s publicity campaign, “There’s an old French saying: Men are like melons. Out of ten, you’ll find one that’s good.”

Olsen had attempted to divorce Sarkozy — the half brother of former French president Nicolas Sarkozy — earlier this month but was shot down because courts hadn’t been accepting new non-emergency cases amid the pandemic.

She had sought an emergency divorce, stating in court papers that Sarkozy ended the lease on their $29,000 per month Gramercy Park pad, forcing her to move her possessions out amid the health crisis.

A spokesperson for Olsen, and her attorney Nancy Chemtob, declined to comment. A spokesperson for Sarkozy was not immediately available.

https://pagesix.com/2020/05/27/olivi...e-olsen-split/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The source added, “Maybe French people culturally have a different view of marriage, and while Mary-Kate loves his children, it was too much to have his ex-wife living with them during the pandemic. Would you want the ex-wife living with you for an unforeseeable amount of time in the middle of a crisis?”
    Nah, it's not a French thing.
    I don't know anybody who'd be willing to share their living space with their partner's ex partner for an unknown amount of time ... even for a known amount of time actually, it's fuck no XD
    sputnik, czb, fgg and 3 others like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^^^ Now you do...

When my husband and I separated, my kids were 4, 9, & 11. Every summer, we vacationed together - staying at their place in Hong Kong, traveling around Asia, Africa and Europe together as well. They came to stay with us sometimes for Christmas. It worked just fine, and was really easy on the kids.
    SHELLEE likes this.

i doubt that's why they split though it might have accelerated things. from the sound of it, he did it without making sure it was ok with her first.

He seems to do a lot of things without making sure it's ok with her first. Like major things.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information