Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Mark Wahlberg seeks pardon for 1988 assault committed at age 16

I have a feeling he would still be thugging around if it weren't for his dumb luck falling into acting.

Isn't he Catholic? That would explain why he would insist on a clean slate. My understanding is that Catholics wipe the sin board every time they confess. He must think it works the same way in real life. NB.: I might be wrong, I am not well versed in religions.

^^^ Yeah, but he didn't marry his wife until she had given him a couple kids already either. Seems Marky Mark likes to pick and choose which Catholic sins apply to him.

Asshat. If it had happened 10-15 years later he could have been charged with a hate crime. I hope the governor gets on TV, is asked by a journalist if he will consider the pardon, and then starts laughing so damn hard he can't answer the question. There's your public affirmation of what a great guy you are now.

Asshat.
    Kittylady and Nevan like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Fuck Mark Wahlberg. I've disliked this prick since his early 90's Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch "Good Vibrations" and Calvin Klein ads bullshit. Did he go out of his way to apologize to those men he hurt? Did he even try to help them? One of the men has to live with his blindness. Wahlberg can live with his record. Deserve a pardon, my ass. Here's a quote attributed to him.

You have to go and ask for forgiveness and it wasn’t until I really started doing good and doing right by other people, as well as myself, that I really started to feel that guilt go away. So I don’t have a problem going to sleep at night. I feel good when I wake up in the morning.
    Yeah, fuck him.
    Last edited by heart_leigh; December 5th, 2014 at 07:06 PM.
    BITTER and Lalasnake like this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I have a feeling he would still be thugging around if it weren't for his dumb luck falling into acting.
    That's what I think. He keeps his inner thug under control because he doesn't want to mess up the good life he has now, not because he has developed a sensitive conscience. The fact that he is seeking a pardon and using words that try to minimize the crime (the "may have caused serious injuries" bit) tells me that he still doesn't really want to accept responsibility for what he did.
    KrisNine likes this.

More information about the crimes - including the counts:

Mark Wahlberg was a Drug Dealer and was Charged with Attempted Murder Before Forming Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

Daven Hiskey 46
    Image Courtesy of ©Glenn Francis, www.PacificProDigital.com

Today I found out Mark Wahlberg was a drug dealer and was tried for attempted murder before forming Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
    Wahlberg, born the youngest of nine children all living in a three bedroom apartment, dropped out of school around the age of fourteen and joined a gang. During this time, he was reportedly in trouble with the law around 20-25 times, for dealing drugs and various other offenses. He also claims he became addicted to cocaine during this period. Things came to a head when he was 16 years old and he attacked two Vietnamese men without provocation. He attacked the first with a stick and he punched the second, permanently blinding him in the process. The official record of the event as recorded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Superior Court is as follows:
    Count I:
    At approximately 9:00 p.m. on April 8, 1988, Thanh Lam, a Vietnamese adult male who resides in Dorchester, traveled by car to 998 Dorchester Avenue, Dorchester, Massachusetts. At 998 Dorchester Avenue, Thanh Lam left his car carrying two cases of beer. As he crossed the sidewalk, Mark Wahlberg attacked Thanh Lam. Wahlberg was carrying a large wooden stick, approximately five feet long and two to three inches in diameter. Wahlberg approached Thanh Lam calling him a “Vietnam fucking shit”, then hit him over the head with the stick. Thanh Lam was knocked to the ground unconscious. The stick broke in two and was later recovered from the scene. Thanh Lam was treated overnight at Boston City Hospital.
    After police arrested Wahlberg later on the night of April 8, 1988, Wahlberg was informed of his rights and returned to the scene of 988 Dorchester Avenue. In the presence of two police officers, he stated: “You don’t have to let him identify me, I’ll tell you now that’s the mother-fucker whose head I split open”, or words to that effect.
    Count II:
    As a police officer arrived at the scene of 988 Dorchester Avenue, Wahlberg and two other youths who were with him fled up Dorchester Avenue toward Pearl Street.
    Shortly after 9:00pm on April 8, 1988, Hoa Trinh, an adult Vietnamese male who resides in Dorchester, was standing several blocks away from 998 Dorchester Avenue, near the corner of Dorchester Avenue and Pearl Street. Hoa Trinh was not aware of the altercation outside of 998 Dorchester Avenue.
    Wahlberg ran up to Hoa Trinh, put his arm around Hoa Trinh’s shoulder and said: “Police coming, police coming, let me hide.” After a police cruiser passed, Wahlberg punched Trinh in the eye, causing him to fall to the ground.
    Police arrived and Hoa Trinh identified Wahlberg as the person who punched him. Wahlberg was placed under arrest and read his rights. Thereafter, he made numerous unsolicited racial statements about “gooks” and “slant-eyed gooks”. After being returned to 998 Dorchester Avenue, Wahlberg identified Thanh Lam as the person he hit over the head with a stick.
    For these attacks, Wahlberg was arrested and initially charged with attempted murder, but it was later reduced to criminal contempt, which carried a maximum sentence of ten years. After pleading guilty, he was given a two year sentence at the Deer Island House of Correction in Boston. In the end, he only had to serve 45 days in the correctional facility.
    Unlike most that go through such facilities, the time he spent locked up inspired him to try and turn his life around. “As soon as I began that life of crime, there was always a voice in my head telling me I was going to end up in jail. Three of my brothers had done time. My sister went to prison so many times I lost count. Finally I was there, locked up with the kind of guys I’d always wanted to be like. Now I’d earned my stripes and I was just like them and I realized it wasn’t what I wanted at all. I’d ended up in the worst place I could possibly imagine and I never wanted to go back.” He started his turn-around by reaching out to his parish priest for guidance and support, as well as leaving the gang he was a member of.
    Mark Wahlberg’s big break came thanks to his older brother, Donnie. Donnie Wahlberg was already famous at this point with his success as a member of The New Kids on the Block, a band Mark had initially been a member of at the age of 13, but quit before the group became famous. Mark had been working as a bricklayer after serving time when Donnie helped him form Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, including helping him get a record contract and producing the first record the group made. The debut album Music for the People, released in 1991 when Mark Wahlberg was 19 years old, ended up going Platinum thanks largely to the hit single Good Vibrations and the follow up single Wildside.
    After his music career started to hit the tank a couple years later, Wahlberg dropped his Marky Mark persona and decided to take up acting. Despite early skepticism by critics, he made the switch successfully, with his first critical success coming from appearing in The Basketball Diaries, though he had a few roles before this, most notably opposite Danny DeVito in Renaissance Man. Since then, he has become one of the bigger stars in Hollywood, reportedly commanding around $12-$15 million per movie today.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I will be disgusted if he manages this. I hope they tell him to go cry into his fat, undeserving wallet.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Fuck him. He's only doing this because he can't get liquor licenses in certain states (due to him being a convicted felon) to expand locations of his Wahlburgers franchises, so he's trying to get pardoned as a business move and it has nothing to do with forgiveness or to correct his past wrongs. Again, fuck him.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; December 6th, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

^^ I was wondering why he'd bother. He's rich, famous, most likely above the law if he committed a crime today, so why would he care about a crime from his past? Now I know.

I totally agree with the sentiment that he can fuck off.

Supposedly he was rough trade when he was in Boston.

Isn't the guy he assaulted partially blind as a result?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Greedy bastard. He's just trying to do this to get licenses in certain states, where he can't due to his criminal record. Doesn't he have enough money?

Yes. I read that somewhere. Oh yeah. A posts up.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ahhh ok, thanks hustle, I was wondering too. Why bring this up now, the details aren't pretty and this brings them back to the forefront. AND he's asking for a pardon, not forgiveness. Big difference in my mind anyway. So of course there's an ulterior motive. Hope it backfires on his ass big time.
    MsDark likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Hearing how he grew up, I am not surprised that he engaged in behavior like this- I have seen juveniles commit very violent acts on people for no reason other than frustration and anger about their own life circumstances. Obviously a hard life doesn't excuse victimizing others, and when "my" kids commit acts like this, they go to placement for a lot longer than the sentence he got. Some end up changing for the better, others continue the same negative lifestyle. But, I spend a decent amount of time assisting juveniles in expunging cases like this (and, frankly, much worse than this) from their records, so if would be hypocritical for me to say something negative about him for wanting to do this.

That said, isn't he still a racist ball of anger? I don't follow him but I feel like I've read that he continues to be a huge asshole. From what I understand he hasn't changed much. But, I could be wrong since I admittedly don't care much about him or pay any attention to him.
    BITTER and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information