Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Marion Cotillard's 9/11 conspiracy theory

oh god not that thing AGAIN! We already went over that article and it's suspicious government ties
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    oh god not that thing AGAIN! We already went over that article and it's suspicious government ties
    Grimm, why is it when someone posts something that directly contradicts you, its automatically shouted down as a government conspiracy? Since when are you the only holder of truth in the world? I'd really like to know.

Actually what Grimm had to say about the Popular Mechanics article were valid concerns, and do cast the impartiality of the writer in doubt. Just repeatedly saying that's "stupid" isn't a counterpoint. Do some research on Project for the New American Century (PNAC), its history, and its members (big surprises there). I think you'll find a lot of things that have happened have enabled them to enact the imperialist national defense strategy (among other things) they've been pushing for for years.

Aside from that, the first thing that struck me about this article was the anti-french, anti-hollywood undercurrent. It's subtle, but it's the same thing they used to pump us full of a few years ago. Just try to paint people as "anti-american" to stoke the emotional fire. If you're offended you're less likely to pay attention to details.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

I'm totally done talking about this, no matter what anybody says you're not going to change your opinion one iota. And excuse me, but I never saw that thread before, so it was new to me.

What thread, it was in THIS thread.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think you're reacting on the bad piece of information actually ... the fact that she thinks there is a conspiracy or something, well, lots of people do, and here, in France, we've had lots of stuff going in that way.

What really is striking, is the fact that she hinting this conspiracy, which killed thousands of lives, was made just to save the Government the money to modernize the buildings ?
    According to me, THIS is the moment she should have shut up.

Because I can swallow the conspiracy thing, but when I'm told "you know, 9/11 was in fact just a big mascarade to destroy a couple of buildings for free and rebuild new, modern, super cool ones" ... well sorry but no, I don't buy it !

As for the Moon ... well actually I don't give a shit if we've walked on it or not !!!

(and by the way, I'm not anti-American. Being French, I guess I had to mention it )
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

It is take your pick and spin the wheel on most of these conspiracy lies but the most popular lie is that is was the jews.

"The terror attacks of September 11, 2001 have generated scores of conspiracy theories, which claim that Israeli agents carried out the attacks, thus confirming the Jewish master plan to rule the world. Other conspiracists argued that 4,000 Israelis who allegedly worked at the World Trade Center stayed home on September 11, because the Mossad warned them about the destruction of the Twin Towers.

An Egyptian academic, Dr. Gamal Ali Zahran, head of the political science department at Suez Canal University, wrote shortly after 9/11 in the daily Al-Ahram that Jews who were stockholders in the airlines and insurance companies sold their stocks about ten days before the attacks and then bought them again at the lowest price, thus making huge profits.

Finally, the fact that a Jewish businessman owned the World Trade Center supposedly added to the veracity of the plot, since he obtained millions of dollars in insurance money after the destruction. Here the anti-Semitic canard of the Jewish conspiracy meets the anti-Semitic stereotype of the greedy Jew."

Conspiracists show no sign of losing their momentum. Within extremist circles, hatred of the Jews remains a unifying power between otherwise opposing groups, from white supremacists to Muslim and Christian fundamentalists to anti-globalization militants and far-right extremists.

This is the driving force behind the conspiracy lies...

I remember when we were moving back to the US and some of our Kiwi friends were just incredulous that we wanted to go back. "After the way Bush's lackies stuffed ballet boxes in Florida?" Yeah, because we still use 'ballet boxes'

This is a perfect example of what goes on all over the world when it comes to the US. There are shifty things going on, here; we do have a very disfunctional govt who has lied to us. In one of those instances, Colon Powell, one of the only politicians with integrity left, put his ass on the line for the information he received from his 'surperiors' and sadly took the fall for it. But the mechanism itself and the actual employment of said lying and disfunction...well, it gets vastly distorted overseas. This is from a combination of the over-involvement in foreign affairs that George Washington warned us about 200 freaking years ago and the information age.

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that there was shady, US involved dealings going on for 9/11, but I also won't believe it until I have better proof. Those who are overseas get a heap of delicious gossip without being held accountable for the truth behind it all, and thus believe some crazy-ass shit about what is already a fucked up situation
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

off topic: i think marion is so pretty

I think she looked the best so far in Jeux d'Enfants. I love that movie. She was great in La vie en rose but with that heavy Edith Piaf makeup you couldn't see how radiantly beautiful she is.

Off topic : And you absolutely have to see "Jeux d'enfants", it's soooo ... special but beautiful !
    *love that movie*
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Marion Cotillard's lawyer said she is in shock over the shit storm her year-old comments created. He said her comments about 9/11 being an inside job were taken out of context and misunderstood.

A French Dlisted reader wrote me and said Marion made the comments about a year ago on a French TV show. She was talking about how certain documentaries feed her paranoia about conspiracy theories. I think she was talking about "Loose Change." The reader said her recently republished quotes have been twisted around.

The french media recently republished her quote after her Oscar win, "I think we're lied to about a lot of things. It was a money-sucker because they were finished, it seems to me, by 1973, and to re-cable all that, to bring up-to-date all the technology and everything, it was a lot more expensive, that work, than destroying them."

Her lawyer said, "This reportage has been taken out of context and one can only condemn such practices. Marion deplores that. She is currently filming in Chicago and has a lot of work. She is in an ocean of happiness and voila, this row blows up. It's rather strange. It's an old report, not at all current. Why bring it out now ? I talked three times to Marion overnight. This is worrying her. She is still in shock and does not really know how to react. She doesn't have to apologise for a badly presented and badly interpreted reportage."

"She hopes that the Americans will have enough distance to understand, but her career is not just American. She can make films everywhere."

Drama! Let this be a lesson to all actors and models! Talk only about fashion, beauty, sex, acting, pets and plastic surgery. Everything else is off limits!

from today's Dlisted | Be Very Afraid

*snickers* welcome to the hollywood media machine, honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    So she's saying USA purposely killed all of our citizens that were in that building? What utter nauseating bullshit
    I thought Democracy worked for the greater good, the rights of the many above the rights of the individual. Why not let a few thousand perish so the rest can get better fuel prices when the Middle East is finally subdued? As a bonus, it puts more money in the pockets of oil companies...say doesn't the Bush family own one of those?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *shrugs*

Well they've done a lot worse as a conspiracy, don't see why this would any different. Again, central america hello. Iran contra hello.
    I think they are totally capable of doing shit like this, and have probably done things nearly as bad...and you have pointed that out well. I just do not think that is the case in THIS CASE. Not that they are incapable of such evil, I just do not think it adds up in this case. They have done tons of other shit though. Bay of Pigs, Iran Contra, Iraq and the WMD. I just do not see any evidence in this case. I am just as wary and suspicious of them as anyone, but I just do not see it here.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information