Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 110

Thread: Marion Cotillard's 9/11 conspiracy theory

  1. #76
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    17,221

    Default

    She apparently made these comments in an interview over a year ago. They are just being published again now, probably due to her winning an oscar. But still, that doesn't change the fact that they were uneducated comments to make. Fine if you're talking with friends, but if you're doing an interview you need to be more careful with what you say.

  2. #77
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    um.. lots of people don't think the truth was told about 9/11
    Lots of people also believe in angels and ghosts.

    Personally I think conspiracy theories about 9/11 and the moon landings are idiotic. There may be a couple of things we don't know about 9/11 but the idea of it being a massive government conspiracy is fucking retarded in my opinion. It's ridiculous. She's an idiot.

  3. #78
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    *shrugs*

    Well they've done a lot worse as a conspiracy, don't see why this would any different. Again, central america hello. Iran contra hello.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #79
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *shrugs*

    Well they've done a lot worse as a conspiracy, don't see why this would any different. Again, central america hello. Iran contra hello.
    Personally I don't know why people are so eager to believe any stupid conspiracy theory simply because it involves the United States. Comparing illegal arms deals to a terrorist attack that A.) occurred on live television and B.) killed thousands of people is slightly disingenuous, don't you think?

  5. #80
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Arms deals to support various juntas that deposed legal governments for strategic interests of the US?

    Not disengenuous at all. And frankly, they lied to get into Iraq as well, so really the whole "US government is forthright and honest" thing doesn't exactly hold much water.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  6. #81
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Arms deals to support various juntas that deposed legal governments for strategic interests of the US?

    Not disengenuous at all. And frankly, they lied to get into Iraq as well, so really the whole "US government is forthright and honest" thing doesn't exactly hold much water.
    The comparison is disingenuous, certainly.

    Also, I never said the US government was forthright and honest. I will say this, though; people who think that the buildings were brought down in a controlled implosion are fucking stupid.

  7. #82
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Given that tens of thousands died as a result of that conspiracy, I'd say it's pretty apt.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  8. #83
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    16,291

    Default

    Well,the woman said pretty much what millions of non Americans around the world are thinking.
    Grimm is explaining why ,so i dont need to.
    But i can understand why people in US would never even see it as possible.
    I would feel unsafe and insecure living in a place when i would think for a moment that my life is worth shit for the goverment.
    But that is what politics is all about..money ,power..they actually dont give a shit.
    Why do Americans should die in Iraq,or god knows where?
    The only war i can support is when you defend your country..
    So ,here comes the uglies ,killing Americans in their own city..
    Iraq war justified..Terrorism is the key word..

  9. #84
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Given that tens of thousands died as a result of that conspiracy, I'd say it's pretty apt.
    No, it's stupid. Basically what you're saying is because we did Bad Thing A, we must therefore be responsible for the planning and execution of Bad Thing B. Europeans and other non-American westerners of otherwise average or even above-average intelligence are nonetheless willing to believe the most blatantly stupid and baseless conspiracy theories simply because they make us or Bush look bad.

    Foreign terrorists planned and executed 9/11. The planes crashed where they said they crashed. The World Trade Center collapsed due to the attack. The Pentagon was severely damaged as a result of the Boeing 757 that was flown directly into it. Another Boeing 757 practically disintegrated in a field in Pennsylvania. Nearly 3,000 innocent civilians died as a result. That's what happened. Bush ignored warnings, but that is not the same as him actively planning the attack, which is a theory I hear a lot of (particularly in Europe). I think if Gore had won, 9/11 would still have happened. The war in Afghanistan is a just and legal war.

    As for Iraq...well, we all know it had nothing to do with 9/11. Bush should be in jail right now because his lies have cost the lives of thousands of American and allied service personnel, not to mention tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians, and has cost this country billions of dollars. But it has nothing to do with 9/11. Bush didn't plan 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq. He didn't have to; he had Iraq in his sights from the beginning and did not have to orchestrate the murders of nearly 3,000 people and the destruction of billions of dollars of airline hardware and prime real estate in order to do it. I don't see how seemingly intelligent people add 2 and 2 together and get 5.

  10. #85
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    No, I'm saying there is a vast history, past precedent for that kind of thing with an incredible amount of professional nepotism and stonewalling at every turn. Given all that has come before, a more recent insanity doesn't seem so out of place in the roster of shitty things they've done. It's a PATTERN.

    Secondly, Bush didn't have the impetus needed to get into Iraq. 9/11 provided a fantastic catalyst. Without that, America wouldn't have gone along with it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  11. #86
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, I'm saying there is a vast history, past precedent for that kind of thing with an incredible amount of professional nepotism and stonewalling at every turn. Given all that has come before, a more recent insanity doesn't seem so out of place in the roster of shitty things they've done. It's a PATTERN.
    Is that your only evidence? Are you really convinced by such a spurious argument?

    Secondly, Bush didn't have the impetus needed to get into Iraq. 9/11 provided a fantastic catalyst. Without that, America wouldn't have gone along with it.
    I disagree. Since we're so great at conspiracies according to you, even if 9/11 had never happened I'm sure he'd have just made up some other shit. Like...weapons of mass destruction maybe? It isn't as if 9/11 wasn't our first brush with Al Qaeda. It isn't as if it wasn't the first time they'd attacked the World Trade Center. The 1990s was filled with stories of Al Qaeda bombing American interests both here and abroad. Why couldn't he have just made up some bullshit about Saddam harboring Osama? You don't think that wouldn't have worked? Come on, don't tell me you really honestly believe that Bush wouldn't have invaded Iraq if 9/11 had not have happened. It would have been a harder sell, but a country capable of such widespread deception and corruption SURELY could have pulled it off. Right?

    I mean, really; we're all so stupid and naive and eager to believe whatever bullshit lies Bush spoon-feeds us. That's what everyone'\s been saying for years. Are you saying all of a sudden that that isn't the case?

  12. #87
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    No, it's not my only evidence but it was not supposed to be. You're saying the very idea is silly, I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility given past actions. I thought we had established this.

    The problem is, that despite the widespread deception of the past, you need a big enough catalyst to go rampaging across the planet because people had become rather cynical and suspicious. What works best? Fear? Fear and trauma.

    Give them both (or have both happen, whichever) and you basically have free license to do what you please. Look how long the whole 9/11 hysteria took to wear off despite the rather arrogant and flimsy lies put in place by el shrubbo on the subject of Iraq.

    Traumatise people enough, even in a national sense, and you keep them so scared they'll agree to anything.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  13. #88
    Silver Member Giselle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Out there.
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Well,the woman said pretty much what millions of non Americans around the world are thinking.
    Grimm is explaining why ,so i dont need to.
    But i can understand why people in US would never even see it as possible.
    I would feel unsafe and insecure living in a place when i would think for a moment that my life is worth shit for the goverment.
    But that is what politics is all about..money ,power..they actually dont give a shit.
    Why do Americans should die in Iraq,or god knows where?
    The only war i can support is when you defend your country..
    So ,here comes the uglies ,killing Americans in their own city..
    Iraq war justified..Terrorism is the key word..
    Exactly.

    And btw, I saw someone saying that winning an oscar makes you think you own the the truth or something like that.
    Well, this interview is, at least, a year old. If not two.

    & Marion was not born to this industry yesterday. Maybe for americans ... but she has been around for while now.

  14. #89
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, it's not my only evidence but it was not supposed to be. You're saying the very idea is silly, I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility given past actions. I thought we had established this.

    The problem is, that despite the widespread deception of the past, you need a big enough catalyst to go rampaging across the planet because people had become rather cynical and suspicious. What works best? Fear? Fear and trauma.

    Give them both (or have both happen, whichever) and you basically have free license to do what you please. Look how long the whole 9/11 hysteria took to wear off despite the rather arrogant and flimsy lies put in place by el shrubbo on the subject of Iraq.

    Traumatise people enough, even in a national sense, and you keep them so scared they'll agree to anything.
    That's not even the case here, though. Like I said, I think it's a spurious argument and I still think so. I'm not a Bush-supporting Republican either; just someone capable of rational, critical thought. I'm not going to just cheerlead and flagwave, but on the other hand I'm not going to constantly hurl baseless accusations either, just because it's trendy on the Continent. That trend, like all others, will waver and eventually fade. Once we elect someone that Europeans approve of, a lot of this conspiracy bullshit will go away. That's what it's all about, anyway; running our country in a manner that Europeans (and to a lesser extent, Canadians) approve of. I say this as someone with dual US and French citizenship.

  15. #90
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Personally I don't know why people are so eager to believe any stupid conspiracy theory simply because it involves the United States. Comparing illegal arms deals to a terrorist attack that A.) occurred on live television and B.) killed thousands of people is slightly disingenuous, don't you think?
    Hear Hear! I think this article sums it up nicely. Debunking the 9/11 Myths: Special Report - Popular Mechanics

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 29th, 2008, 11:10 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM
  3. Smoking gun proof of Big Bang theory found
    By Grimmlok in forum News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
  4. Chappelle Theory
    By CherryDarling in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 31st, 2005, 06:10 PM
  5. For the conspiracy theorists....
    By EvilMonkey in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 10th, 2005, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •