Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey rushed to hospital in New York for emergency treatment after falling ill

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If you can't handle manky feet then whatever you do, don't Google image search "long crusty toenails".

I can post some pictures as proof if you want?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Too fat and drunk to make a gig.
    rollo likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I am not in the least bit squeamish or disgusted by any kind of medical stuff no matter how gross - but finger or toe nail stories make me shudder. I can't even bear to think about it. I can just about tolerate a manicure, but forget anyone getting near my toes with a file. Eeeeeeeeeek!
    I am the same way! Except you can add eyes into the equation. I'm perfectly fine to get mani/Pedi's though! That doesn't bother me in the least. It's things like nails lifting from the nail bed or getting bent (ughhhh shudder 1000 x's on that one) or just nasty nails that make my stomach turn.
    A*O likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    rotten feet stuff gives me nightmares. there's a subway stop i had to avoid for about a year because there would always be this homeless woman who would walk the platform or sprawl out on one of the benches. she was always barefoot or in flip flops. her toe nails were yellow and half an inch thick, and so long they looked like talons. and the smell... oh my god the smell.

eta - re: mariah, my first thought was champagne and glitter OD or dehydration from all the diet pills but i'll give moomoo the benefit of the doubt. maybe it is the flu.
    You just painted a lovely picture

There was a homeless guy who purposely sat with his shoes off, and his feet were nasty. I'd always hold my breath when walking past. Especially because he sat on the vent above the subway.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Does anyone else remember that toenail fungus commercial a few years back, when the fungus creature lifted up the toenail like a trap door? I cringed every time I saw that...
    Ew, yes. The fungus monster would hit the foot, and the toenail jumped open like a hood of a car. My gawd!
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Y'all don't be babies now. At least you're not dealing with this:

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Ew, yes. The fungus monster would hit the foot, and the toenail jumped open like a hood of a car. My gawd!
    Digger the Dermatophyte! Worst commercial ever, except for maybe the Folgers incest one.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Yes, the flu can screw you up big time, especially if it moves into your lungs. And I am only 11 years away from requiring the heavy-duty, saves-you-from-flu-death-in-your-old-age vac. *hobbling away on my cane*
    Already had mine, baby! Also told them to investigate the pneumonia vaccine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    New Year 1999/2000. While the rest of my housemates were throwing an epic millennium New Year Party I was in my room with my then-boyfriend hallucinating my tits off, sweating, burning up to the point where BF was wrapping me in wet towels to try and bring my temperature down, coughing, choking and then ending up with the lining of my throat blistering. The only thing I could keep down was tangerines for a week and I lost nearly a stone in weight and could barely stand when I could finally get out of bed. That's when I started catching up with the newspapers and found out that what I had had been killing healthy young people.

REAL flu is no joke (still doesn't stop me bitching about "flu" when I have a really bad cold though lol) and it can hit you so fast it's untrue. I went from feeling a bit snotty to semi-concious in a matter of hours.
    You are just so nesh! I went to work with pneumonia, OK so I felt like death & really wished I'd coughed on some people... But...
    Kittylady likes this.

Moo Moo is fine. Just had 15 too many.
    sputnik likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Hearing all these horror stories made me realize that I have never in my life had the flu. I don't even recall ever getting sick as a child with severe colds or anything of the sort. My kids are the same, they each had maybe 1 ear infection each as babies, but none since. They will get a cough here and there, but nothing that needs to be treated with antibiotics. It drives my husband crazy that my kids and I hardly ever wear slippers, not even to go outside and step on concrete when it's colder.

My in-laws, on the other hand (MIL, SIL), can't even set a pinky toe on a cold floor without immediately developing a severe sore throat; in colder weather, my MIL covers most of her face for fear of cold air causing sinusitis. They've always been extra careful about cold weather, keeping covered up, wearing thick soled slippers at all times, even on carpet. I personally think that being too cautious has made them more prone to being sick.

ETA: They're just as bad about hot weather; if we're sitting under a shady tree, and a small bit of sunlight happens to be hitting them, they immediately move because, OMG, the sun!

I was just flipping channels and saw an ad on Hallmark for a new Christmas movie staring Mariah. She also directed the movie. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Does anyone else remember that toenail fungus commercial a few years back, when the fungus creature lifted up the toenail like a trap door? I cringed every time I saw that...
    Dear God yes!!! I would scream at the TV whenever it came on. I even went so far as to email the pharmaceutical company to complain about how disgusting this commercial was and why in the hell it always aired around dinnertime.

For everyone's nightmares:

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Digger the Dermatophyte! Worst commercial ever, except for maybe the Folgers incest one.
    What is the Folger's incest commercial?
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Y'all don't be babies now. At least you're not dealing with this:

Ugh! So true! Or removing pretty much any of their clothing, particularly elderly ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Dear God yes!!! I would scream at the TV whenever it came on. I even went so far as to email the pharmaceutical company to complain about how disgusting this commercial was and why in the hell it always aired around dinnertime.

For everyone's nightmares:

And I'm eating pizza right now. But I have to mentally disregard that photo and enjoy my food.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information