Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey rushed to hospital in New York for emergency treatment after falling ill

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Celebrities are fucking pansies. I bet they get rushed to hospital for papercuts as well.
    So, one of my co-workers recently told me how she was talking to one of the receptionists and noticed she had a finger splint on. She asked the receptionist what had happened, and she said she broke a nail. My co-worker then told her "Oh, so you got a splint from one of ours docs?" She said, "No, I went to the emergency room." My co-worker said she about died laughing at her, she couldn't believe she had gone to the ER over a broken nail. Apparently, it was an acrylic nail that tore off a bit of her own nail along with it, but still...the ER?!?

I think the only flu Mariah had was the wine flu.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    So, one of my co-workers recently told me how she was talking to one of the receptionists and noticed she had a finger splint on. She asked the receptionist what had happened, and she said she broke a nail. My co-worker then told her "Oh, so you got a splint from one of ours docs?" She said, "No, I went to the emergency room." My co-worker said she about died laughing at her, she couldn't believe she had gone to the ER over a broken nail. Apparently, it was an acrylic nail that tore off a bit of her own nail along with it, but still...the ER?!?
    Actually I had to go to the ER months after I jammed a nail into a cabinet, as it tore away from the nail bed and I ended up getting a massive infection that had gone into my blood stream. You don't mess with fingernail problems! They can be quite dangerous.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I think the only flu Mariah had was the wine flu.
    Bingo. A hangover she couldn't handle for once.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I didn't know what the flipping hell I had or what my name was when I had flu
    Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Me either!
    I literally couldn't walk to the bathroom I was so weak. I slept 24 hours a day except to crawl to the bathroom & crawl back in bed. At the time I weighed 107 lbs & after a week of the flu, I weighed 95 lbs. It was unreal.
    New Year 1999/2000. While the rest of my housemates were throwing an epic millennium New Year Party I was in my room with my then-boyfriend hallucinating my tits off, sweating, burning up to the point where BF was wrapping me in wet towels to try and bring my temperature down, coughing, choking and then ending up with the lining of my throat blistering. The only thing I could keep down was tangerines for a week and I lost nearly a stone in weight and could barely stand when I could finally get out of bed. That's when I started catching up with the newspapers and found out that what I had had been killing healthy young people.

REAL flu is no joke (still doesn't stop me bitching about "flu" when I have a really bad cold though lol) and it can hit you so fast it's untrue. I went from feeling a bit snotty to semi-concious in a matter of hours.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A few year ago, I stubbed my toe so hard that it shoved the nail completely went up under my toe skin that I had to go to the ER for them to cut it out. Now that we have urgent cares down my way, I would go there and not ER, but there was no way I was going to pull my nail out.

A*O

I am not in the least bit squeamish or disgusted by any kind of medical stuff no matter how gross - but finger or toe nail stories make me shudder. I can't even bear to think about it. I can just about tolerate a manicure, but forget anyone getting near my toes with a file. Eeeeeeeeeek!
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Does anyone else remember that toenail fungus commercial a few years back, when the fungus creature lifted up the toenail like a trap door? I cringed every time I saw that...

A*O

Arghhhhh, that's EXACTLY the kind of image that makes me wince.
    sputnik likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

*Off to look for video...* Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you.
    sluce likes this.

Do it!!!!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^I'm too skeered of A&O...

A*O

Oh pish posh, I'll be a jibbering wreck.

rotten feet stuff gives me nightmares. there's a subway stop i had to avoid for about a year because there would always be this homeless woman who would walk the platform or sprawl out on one of the benches. she was always barefoot or in flip flops. her toe nails were yellow and half an inch thick, and so long they looked like talons. and the smell... oh my god the smell.

eta - re: mariah, my first thought was champagne and glitter OD or dehydration from all the diet pills but i'll give moomoo the benefit of the doubt. maybe it is the flu.
    Last edited by sputnik; December 4th, 2015 at 11:49 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I didn't know what the flipping hell I had or what my name was when I had flu
    I had the flu about ten years ago, and I alternated between thinking I was dying and wishing I would so I could go ahead and be out of my misery. I've gotten my flu shot like clockwork ever since.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information