Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree627Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey botches New Year's Eve performance and storms off Times Square stage

Funny that the dancers could hear the music and could keep in time.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She looks more drunk than My MIL on NYE
    BrickHouse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    I still say it looks like it started as a monitor failure, but the way she's handling it now is all on her. Accusing a production company of sabotaging their own big, once a year gala just to sandbag her is cray-cray.
    People who are narcissists and perfectionists, are also wildly insecure. They beat themselves up so much in their own head, external criticisms put them on the defensive. It's like, "I'm already beating myself up, I don't need anyone else too". Or, "You can't do what I do, only I can, therefore, only I get the right to criticize myself".

So yeah, like you said, cray-cray.
    Serendipity and Seapharris7 like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    Exactly.
    Her dancers committed (to saving/finishing the performance), even when they saw she wasn't into it. They still kept going, like professionals.

She couldn't give less of a f*ck.

Like I said before, I've seen elementary school students with more professionalism (that have kept the show going despite missed lines and other missteps during school performances and assemblies).
    I loved this. She should have the work ethic of one of these dancers.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

While a snafu can happen to anyone, as most of you have said, her reaction is most important here. Unbelievable.

Whoever you consider to be a kick ass woman artist...whether that be Beyonce, or Adele or Lady Gaga, or if you're more like me and think of Bonnie Raitt, Aretha, or even bloody Amy Winehouse...
    Imagine that artist in your imagination handling this kind of screw up the may Mariah did. Can't imagine it? Me either. Mariah, while not even on my radar enough really to even dislike has shown me what's she's all about.

And I'm not interested. Bye, MC!
    BrickHouse likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Again, not defending the way Mimi has handled this, but, the dancers aren't reliant on monitors. As long as they can feel the beat, they can dance. There are even professional dancers who are deaf.

Now, granted, the dancers probably did rehearse a lot more than she did, too, which helps.

^And were probably not 3 sheets to the wind...
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Funny that the dancers could hear the music and could keep in time.
    I said the same thing! I can't remember if I said here or on another site.

She's just continuing the blame game & all she's managing to do is make herself look progressively worse. Since she blatantly refuses to take any responsibility, she just needs to zip it & stop making herself look worse every time she opens her mouth (or tweets) about it.

I think it's a game changer for her now though. If she gets another chance (and people may not bother) her old excuses won't wash anymore.

fgg

‘Humiliated’ Mariah Carey announces break from spotlight

Mariah Carey still won’t take responsibility for her disastrous New Year’s Eve performance.

“I haven’t really addressed the situation of what happened on New Year’s Eve and in time, I will,” Carey, 46, said in an audio message to her Twitter followers on Sunday. “But for now, I want everyone to know that I came to New Year’s Eve in New York in great spirits and was looking forward to a celebratory moment with the world. It’s a shame that we were put into the hands of a production team with technical issues that chose to capitalize on circumstances beyond our control.”

After blaming technical issues for the fiasco, “Emotions” singer accused Dick Clark Productions once again of hindering her performance.

“Listen, guys. They foiled me. Thus, it turned into an opportunity to humiliate me and all those who were excited to ring in the new year with me,” she lamented. “I cannot deny that my feelings were hurt, but I’m working through this and I’m truly grateful for my fans and my true friends who have been so supportive during this time.”

Carey previously said she was “mortified” by the night’s events, in which she and manager Stella Bulochnikov accused Dick Clark Productions of “sabotage” when her inner-ear monitors failed, leading her to strut around onstage without actually singing, an allegation producers vehemently denied.

“I’m gonna take a break from media moments, social media moments,” the songbird concluded. “Although I am going to fulfill my professional obligations, this is an important time for me to finally take a moment for myself and to deal with my loved ones and to prepare for my upcoming tour in March … I can’t wait to sing for you again.”

‘Humiliated’ Mariah Carey announces break from spotlight | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I read that she is being sued for not fulfilling a South American tour as well.

Silver Member

I hope she really means it. She used to amuse me but I am in no mood for her crazy shit in 2017.

I have a very funny feeling that there will been explosion between her and her manager who has surrounded mariah with all her family as her staff and entourage. The fallout will be epic and I can see Mariah blaming Stella for the recent mishaps. Its rumored that Stella was behind the breakup and she persuaded Mariah to do the shitty reality show which is more of a vehicle for Stella a d her family. You could see how incompetent with Mariah's European tour and lateness was due to a cousin who couldn't tell the time lol. Mariah needs to wake up and take her career seriously. She has coasted awhile and she's let this leech along with her family cheapening her legacy.

Does anyone really know and was it ever explained what happened to Mimi back in 2001 during/after her MTV appearance with Carson Daly? That's the infamous appearance on Carson Daly's show where she acted all cracky while promoting her album at the time and started to strip/take off layers of clothes during his live show. I thought she checked into a hospital after that for "exhaustion." Things kinda went away after that because we had the horrible tragedy on 9/11 happen a couple of weeks later. I just never really understood what happened to her and what the cause was because maybe her New Year's Eve behavior could be a repeat of that.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    “I haven’t really addressed the situation of what happened on New Year’s Eve and in time, I will,” Carey, 46, said in an audio message to her Twitter followers on Sunday.
    Please, Moomoo has done nothing but blame everyone left right and centre. And she continues to do so, in this statement.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information