Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree634Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey botches New Year's Eve performance and storms off Times Square stage

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    There seems to have been a direct correlation between the increase of age and gaudiness level here. She wore clothes with way less cringe level 25 years and pounds ago.

I mean, there was actually a time in the distant past when Mariah Carey didn't look like a tryhard jackass at all times.

This is when she was under the horrible control of Tommy Mottola, who didn't let her "express herself."

Well done, Tommy. Too bad you didn't stick around longer to prevent Mariah from driving her career off a cliff.
    Laurent, BITTER, Mivvi21 and 2 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Speaking to the New York Times, audio producer Robert Goldstein of Maryland Sound International, which worked on the event, said, "Every monitor and in-ear device worked perfectly. I can’t comment beyond that and don’t know what her nontechnical issue may have been.
    Oh, ouch. Totally implies drunken(?) fool.
    idunno, holly, JazzyGirl and 4 others like this.

Elite Member

I desperately wanted curls like hers back in the day. Still do, but it's not happening with my stick straight hair. It's sad to see what's happened to her. Trying so hard but not at the things that matter.
    Mivvi21, BITTER, arie_skop and 1 others like this.

DICK CLARK PRODUCTIONS TO MARIAH
    YOU DEFAMED US!!!

1/1/2017

Dick Clark Productions is outraged by the claims Mariah Carey's people made to TMZ, and the company is suggesting the singer has opened herself up to a lawsuit.

Dick Clark's people say Mariah's claim the production company sabotaged her New Year's Eve performance is "defamatory," adding it's also "outrageous and frankly absurd."

As we reported, Mariah's people say they repeatedly told production people her earpiece was not functioning but they ignored the warnings and even falsely led the singer to believe everything would work fine when she hit the stage. Suffice it to say ... the performance was a disaster.

Dick Clark Productions says, "In very rare instances there are of course technical errors that can occur with live television, however, our initial investigation has indicated that DCP had no involvement in the challenges associated with Ms. Carey's New Year's Eve performance."

Our Dick Clark sources blame the problems on Mariah, saying she refused to personally do a sound check and there was ample sound on stage for her to hear the music.

Dick Clark Productions adds, "We want to be clear that we have the utmost respect for Ms. Carey as an artist and acknowledge her tremendous accomplishments in the industry."

Dick Clark Productions Claims Mariah Carey Defamed Them!!! | TMZ.com
    Brookie, holly and Janus like this.

I think she was too lazy to rehearse and she should just take responsbility. I also think she has too many 'yes' people. I feel sorry for her two little ones. Imagine having a mother walking around in her lingerie all day, every day.
    arie_skop, Janus and BITTER like this.

Shouldn't she be in Aspen about now getting carried around by big burly men?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Elite Member

I love that the production compay and the sound team aren't letting her get away with it. She has been surrounded by yes men for too long.

I still say it looks like it started as a monitor failure, but the way she's handling it now is all on her. Accusing a production company of sabotaging their own big, once a year gala just to sandbag her is cray-cray.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    I still say it looks like it started as a monitor failure, but the way she's handling it now is all on her. Accusing a production company of sabotaging their own big, once a year gala just to sandbag her is cray-cray.

Especially when it's a big production that is known to work on major music events, Mariah needs to take some responsibility but she's deluded and always lived in a fantasy land
    Janus likes this.

Seriouslyif she had said she was experiencing technical difficulties and said " I didn't recover from it "oh well "" that would've sounded gracious.
    tulip and Janus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I desperately wanted curls like hers back in the day. Still do, but it's not happening with my stick straight hair. It's sad to see what's happened to her. Trying so hard but not at the things that matter.
    Our baby is mixed and has hair like hers. We have a boy. I love Mariah's natural hair. And my baby's too of course.
    stella blue and Janus like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

fgg

Mariah Carey fires longtime creative director after NYE disaster

Mariah Carey axed her longtime creative director and choreographer following the diva’s train-wreck New Year’s Eve performance in Times Square, according to a report Tuesday.

Anthony Burrell appears to be the first scapegoat from Team Mariah over Saturday night’s debacle, when Carey took the “New Year’s Rockin’ Eve” stage and inexplicably failed to sing, “Entertainment Tonight” reported.

“He’s not being brought back [in 2017] for a number of reasons,” a source close to Carey claimed.

The source told “ET” Burrell’s termination is rooted in his decision to move Carey’s backup singers off stage to make more room for dancers.

Burrell reportedly made that move without consulting others in Carey’s management team.

Booting backup singers off stage “left Mariah without any support” when her earpiece went out, the source said.

Carey looked completely lost on stage and said, “We can’t hear.” She moved around on stage but didn’t perform her 1991 hit “Emotions.”

“I haven’t been able to watch NYE performance. 30 sec from live TV, boss couldn’t hear her own vocal in her in-ears from Mic. #heartbroken,” Burrell tweeted on Monday.

Mariah Carey fires longtime creative director after NYE disaster | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

This is even more crazy. The dancers are there to lift her so she doesn't fall over in her shoes. The backing singers don't need to drown her out or maybe they do. It looks as if she is expecting this situation to happen again and wants to be covered more effectively. Nothing has been said by her about rehearsals, sound checks and vocal preparation.
    Janus and holly like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

A true professional would have saved this mess. She didn't even try.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    A true professional would have saved this mess. She didn't even try.
    Exactly.
    Her dancers committed (to saving/finishing the performance), even when they saw she wasn't into it. They still kept going, like professionals.

She couldn't give less of a f*ck.

Like I said before, I've seen elementary school students with more professionalism (that have kept the show going despite missed lines and other missteps during school performances and assemblies).
    rollo, Janus, Trixie and 2 others like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information