Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree627Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey botches New Year's Eve performance and storms off Times Square stage

She admitted she didn't do a sound check. She arrives at the last minute for everything if she arrives at all. Even her crew were asking when the last possible minute to arrive would be. She's just not a professional and apparently didn't even apologise. On her shit show, she was saying it's always the performer's fault if things go wrong. Well then.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

^^Yeah, but I'll bet she found time for dress fittings. She's just unprofessionel at this point.
    Janus likes this.

She's unprofessional, but people will continue to hire her so she'll continue to behave this way.

Personally, I think she's a wreck and needs help immediately.

Silver Member

Why anyone would book Mariah Carey to perform is beyond me. Anyone here surprised by what happened? Of course not.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Sarzy, Mivvi21, holly and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    She spent years singing oversinging in the whistle register range and it did a lot of damage to her voice. She is also an alcoholic.

Your voice is an instrument and needs to be cared for. She has not taken care of her voice. I feel like a lot of naturally talented singers do this- they believe that their voices will never go away because even without or with little training, they were still super talented. They get comfortable. Then you have people like Beyoncé who have some natural talent, but underwent a lot of training to perfect their voices and treat their voices very well. Mariah eventually will have to just stop performing if she can't get it together. Beyoncé will probably be this generation's Tina Turner and will be singing on stage in her 70's.
    Like Whitney who ruined her voice? I heard this is one reason why Barbra Streisand never had a nose job, she didn't want it to effect her voice.

Oh man, she didn't even try. Here's another song. Go in about 4:30 for the worst of it. And why was she wearing that ridiculous leotard on stage? Why must she, Beyonce and all the others all wear the same stupid gymnastic outfit on stage. It's so un-glamorous.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Why must she, Beyonce and all the others all wear the same stupid gymnastic outfit on stage. It's so un-glamorous.
    JLo had virtually the SAME outfit on, down to the fake (hopefully) white fur coat, on another channel.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I legitimately don't know which song was worse, I'm leaning towards the second one because of the blatant awful lip synching.
    Janus and Lalasnake like this.

I love Ryan Seacrest's reaction. I think the girl with the 2009 glasses should have been brought on stage to do the set - she was doing a way better job!
    kasippu, Janus and Lalasnake like this.

What does she say at the 5:55 mark?
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

^ I think she said " It just don't get any better ".

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    So embarrassing. Why can't she sing live anymore?
    Her voice is going. It's my understanding that she isn't taking care of it like she should. Same thing happened to Whitney. She's been phoning in her performances for quite a while now. When she sang live while judging on American Idol a couple of years back, she sounded very rough, not the clear, strong voice we know her by.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Like Whitney who ruined her voice? I heard this is one reason why Barbra Streisand never had a nose job, she didn't want it to effect her voice.
    Freddie Mercury didn't want any work done on his teeth/mouth because he thought it would effect his voice/singing. So I wouldn't doubt that Streisand feels the same way about her nose. Kinda like the sang "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Now I understand why most singers have certain requirements on their tour rider - like humidifiers or a dressing room without A/C, because it's those little things that can effect their voices in a big way over time (aside from their "lifestyle choices") - especially if they're constantly working/touring...
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I don't know why she still has fans. She treats them like shit by chronically canceling concerts and performances, then not showing up to rehearse the ones she does bother to appear at. She doesn't do soundchecks and this is at least the second time she's embarrassed herself on live tv by doing that. Her "divaness" is seen as endearing when actually, it's just an excuse for her to be lazy and treat service people like shit.

She is playing a dangerous game. She does not sell records anymore and is a nostalgia artist at this point. The way people like that make money is by touring. She spends money like it's going out of style but she shits on the only viable way musical artists make money these days. It should've been a red flag to her that she can no longer headline her own tour and has to have a joint one with Lionel Richie.
    Brookie, holly, Laurent and 9 others like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

When it's what you are known for, why earth would you not do everything to preserve your voice? If I had Mariah Carey's voice alcohol would not pass my lips. I would be getting plenty of sleep in a dust-free room and drinking lemon-water every morning!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information