Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree634Likes

Thread: Mariah Carey botches New Year's Eve performance and storms off Times Square stage

She doesn't know the words to her own song? How pathetic. She's supposed to go on tour with Lionel Richie later this year. That's not happening.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    So embarrassing. Why can't she sing live anymore?
    Alcohol. Remember last year's Rockefeller xmas fiasco, where she missed the taping the day prior to the show and attempted to sing it live. She was not invited back this year.
    Bombshell, Seapharris7 and Wisher2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Alcohol. Remember last year's Rockefeller xmas fiasco, where she missed the taping the day prior to the show and attempted to sing it live. She was not invited back this year.
    I'd forgotten that. She needs to just quit if she can't perform anymore.
    firebrat1229 and Janus like this.

Shit Happens folks. Roflmao love it!!!!

There is the entire performance video on you tube. It actually gets even worse. She's lip synching and then pulls the microphone away while the song is still playing. She needs an intervention severely.
    Seapharris7 and Janus like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Firstly, what the fuck? How big does your own personal diva bubble have to be that you think this is OK? I thought she couldn't get any worse when she had that "personal shoe remover" on stage a few years ago, guess I was wrong!

Secondly, put the bottle down Mariah.
    Why doesn't she just hire an assistant to do the sound check for her, and an assistant to make sure they have the right tracks available for her lip syncing. That would be good business sense.
    Janus and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Firstly, what the fuck? How big does your own personal diva bubble have to be that you think this is OK? I thought she couldn't get any worse when she had that "personal shoe remover" on stage a few years ago, guess I was wrong!

Secondly, put the bottle down Mariah.
    I remember Jennifer Lopez having her own nipple tweaked for either a photo shoot, or video. I thought that was so stupid. They should just put an ice cube or iced rag down the middle of her back. They should get hard instantly.
    Janus likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

There were entire parts when she thinks the camera is not on her and her mouth stops moving while her voice continues. I saw it live and was watching it with my mouth open from shock. The first song was bad where she basically just stood there, made some comments, and posed here and there but at least she was not blatantly lipsynching that one. My first though was that she was wasted.
    Brookie, tulip, idunno and 5 others like this.

So, Mimi is the Diva of all Train Wrecks, and I hate to defend her, but I watched (part... could only stand part) of the clip, and I don't think that was her fault. Whoever was running the sound screwed the pooch, because it appeared she wasn't getting anything in her in-ear monitors.

The middle of a big stage is about the worst place to hear what the band is doing around you. The PA system throws all the sound out, and when it comes back, there's a second or two of delay, and a lot of the high and mid range is lost. You can't sing in time if you can't hear the band, you can't sing in tune if you can't hear yourself, and you can't lip synch if you can't hear the backing track.

Again, Mimi clearly lives in her own world of glittery unicorn farts and champagne, but this time, it looks like she tried.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    It was as epic as Britney's Gimme More performance at the VMA's.
    I thought Mariah's "performance" was way worse than Britney's performance - at least Britney knew what song to move her mouth to and went through the motions (of the dance routine).

I felt bad for her dancers. The poor guys repeatedly tried to save the performance (like true professionals) but Mariah wasn't having it.

If the Ashlee Simpson SNL performance and the Britney Spears MTV performance got together and had a sh*t show baby, it would be Mariah's NYE performance.

Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    So, Mimi is the Diva of all Train Wrecks, and I hate to defend her, but I watched (part... could only stand part) of the clip, and I don't think that was her fault. Whoever was running the sound screwed the pooch, because it appeared she wasn't getting anything in her in-ear monitors.

The middle of a big stage is about the worst place to hear what the band is doing around you. The PA system throws all the sound out, and when it comes back, there's a second or two of delay, and a lot of the high and mid range is lost. You can't sing in time if you can't hear the band, you can't sing in tune if you can't hear yourself, and you can't lip synch if you can't hear the backing track.

Again, Mimi clearly lives in her own world of glittery unicorn farts and champagne, but this time, it looks like she tried.
    I thought the total opposite. I thought it looked like she DIDN'T try at all. She could have gone with the flow more and engaged the audience and had some fun with it, but she lamely wandered around. It was pathetic.

Britney's performance was a train wreck, but there were tech difficulties or anything...it was simply a train wreck. This could have been salvaged by a performer who had a little humility and a sense of humor...that's not Mariah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    So embarrassing. Why can't she sing live anymore?
    She spent years singing oversinging in the whistle register range and it did a lot of damage to her voice. She is also an alcoholic.

Your voice is an instrument and needs to be cared for. She has not taken care of her voice. I feel like a lot of naturally talented singers do this- they believe that their voices will never go away because even without or with little training, they were still super talented. They get comfortable. Then you have people like Beyoncé who have some natural talent, but underwent a lot of training to perfect their voices and treat their voices very well. Mariah eventually will have to just stop performing if she can't get it together. Beyoncé will probably be this generation's Tina Turner and will be singing on stage in her 70's.
    rollo, idunno, Sarzy and 9 others like this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

She could have saved it somewhat. If she would have just tried to sing along. Just she seemed above it all. Didn't even try. Blamed it on someone else and went from there. At least show some fucking energy Mimi drunk or not, crowd wasn't entertained at all. Good thing they didn't have to pay to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by exippy View Post
    She should do a duet with LEann Rimes.. Should be epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Ha, remember Leann thought she was taking Mariah's place and then Mimi showed up so Leann was once again second-fiddle and did that horrible Hippopotamus song dressed in lingerie and garters? She wasn't asked back either.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information