Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Man found dead in Demi Moore’s pool

I don't know the law in LA but if she is the home owner, wouldn't she have to describe the safety procedures around the pool, who had access to the house, who had keys to the pool area etc? It's not normal to open up your home to random guests especially if you are a celebrity.

Plus shopping in NYC is not the most PR friendly thing you could be doing when someone has died in your home.
    Trixie likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

^ ITA...and those are questions her insurance company would want to know too.

I think if someone died in my pool (well if I had a pool) I would want to drain it whether it was "required" or not. I don't think I could stand the thought of swimming around in that water.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'd totally drain my pool (if I had one lol)if someone died in it.
    Froogy and Novice like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yeah, it really rates high on the ick-o'meter.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Why? She wasn't there and doesn't know what happened

I don't get the point of that TMZ article. So she didn't drain her pool? It seems like they are trying to create scandal out of this tragedy.
    Agree. It's distasteful.

And 'she needs to descibe the safety procedures around the pool'? C'mon. We have a pool at our shore house. It's fenced, as required by law, and we keep an eye on any children in it. That's the extent of pool 'safety procedures' I've seen in private homes.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    not only that, but i'd have a smudging ceremony and exorcism performed on it.

that's such a dark pool at night, i can see how it would be easy to miss someone floating around dead under a pink blow up flamingo.

greysfang likes this.

yes, it was at her home, but she wasn't even in town and didn't even know the guy. he fell into her pool at a party thrown by her assistant. safety measures are to keep children away from pools when adults aren't present. adults who don't know how to swim need to steer clear of pools. it's sad someone died but tmz has to stop trying to make this scandal happen.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Yeah, it really rates high on the ick-o'meter.
    maybe. but we are in a serious drought here. so, she drains the pool, then refills it. then gets a buttload of bad press for not being green since 1) she has a private pool and 2) she refills it.

she can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ ITA...and those are questions her insurance company would want to know too.

I think if someone died in my pool (well if I had a pool) I would want to drain it whether it was "required" or not. I don't think I could stand the thought of swimming around in that water.

I would as well, but maybe the serious drought conditions in California right now are a factor.

No way I'd swim with dead cooties though.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

yeah, i totally get the ick factor. but she can't drain it right away. TMZ (or whoever) probably has a sky-cam set up to monitor this. i predict she gets a pool service in a month to do 'repairs' that will require draining of the pool.
    Novice likes this.

Maybe if the body had been fished out within an hour, I could live with it. But it was floating there all night-- I couldn't swim in corpse ooze. I would probably have it drained and cleaned, and then refilled when the drought conditions eased up.

Or maybe I would just sell the house and move. I'm easily grossed out and would probably never be able to enjoy that pool again.
    rollo and Serendipity like this.

czb

personally, i would be icked out that there was a dead person on my property -- the ick isn't just limited to the pool area.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Funky_chicken, your post reminded me of Boulder's Tube to Work Day. Don't think I would try this....too many people...but it looks like they're having fun.

https://youtu.be/7vWcVlbYHKg
    hahaha that looks like fun! But the river here is really so much calmer. MUCH calmer. Like that:

czb likes this.
    -

Dead cooties might be good for the skin! We don't have many heated in ground pools around here so I'd swim in it!
    Drive-by poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Maybe if the body had been fished out within an hour, I could live with it. But it was floating there all night-- I couldn't swim in corpse ooze. I would probably have it drained and cleaned, and then refilled when the drought conditions eased up.

Or maybe I would just sell the house and move. I'm easily grossed out and would probably never be able to enjoy that pool again.
    Even if you don't think she should say a word to the police (I do) the pool is haunted now!
    Serendipity likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information