Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Man found dead in Demi Moore’s pool

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Effie - I grew up with a house at the beach, and a pool in my yard. My daughter has grown up the same. My mother was a fish and loved the ocean until 10 years ago. She was in the ocean with my sister and nieces, said she was feeling tired and started to walk out of the ocean to the beach. My sister saw a wave hit her, she went down and didn't come back up. Two teen boys pulled her from the water. The lifeguards at Cape May were amazing and had just gotten their first defibrillator, and were able to get her heart started again. She had suffered sudden cardiac arrest.

By the time I drove the two hours to the hospital they said her heart was doing fine, but feared we would lose her because of the amount of ocean water in her lungs. She pulled through, has an implanted pace maker/defibrillator in her chest, and was terrified of going back in the water. This year her doctor told her she was being foolish, the swim would be good for her, and the water did not cause the cardiac arrest. It has been so great to see her back in the water this summer. She doesn't go as deep as she once did, but that is due to a fear of sharks! LOL

Get in the water, go slow, and enjoy that amazing sensation of being connected to the vast ocean. I can watch the ocean for hours, any season of the year, and be completely in awe of the power and tranquility. It's my happy place.
    Oh i am so glad your mom is fine and able to enjoy the water again..for me is like returning to the womb,weight less and safe and relaxed..We dont have oceans here,just our Mediterranean beautiful and calm sea..ok,i had enough,i ll be back at my hometown tomorrow.time to get back.38 damned c today,i am roasting..
    sluce and A*O like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Even though I don't really like to swim, I love the water. I can swim pretty well, just not fast. River, Lake, Sea, I don't care, I just love being in the water. Just yesterday a few friends / co-workers and me took several inflatable mattresses, dolphins, rings and whatever we found and swam / floated down the river from our working place to where I live, took us around 2 hours.
    It's important to keep in mind that the sea and also rivers can be very dangerous. Where we live, each summer around 10 people drown because they underestimate the river. It might not have very strong currents, the water might not be very deep, but still it's possible to get a cramp or you could hit your head on a stone if you're not careful enough when you jump in, and drinking alcohol on top of that surely doesn't help at all.
    -

Almost 2 weeks ago, this guy who is distantly related to me (but whom I'd never met) drowned after a day of boating with family on a lake. From what I read, he up and decided to jump in the water for a swim, took off his life jacket and t-shirt first, and jumped in the water in his jeans. He almost immediately started yelling for help, but went under before family could help him. They just found his body this past Friday.

Kind of ironic, just after I posted upthread the other day, my youngest son (28 yrs) went swimming with a buddy. I gave him a big speech about murky water after a storm, undertows, riptides...the whole nine yards. I have given these speeches many times as we have swam in Lake Michigan all our lives.

We got a call from E.R. He dove off a jetty, hit his head on a sand bar and injured his spinal chord. We found out he has spinal stenosis (narrowing) and his spinal chord has what they called a "nick" in a bundle of nerves that control feeling in shoulders, upper chest and arms. Rehab and therapy as he can't stand to have his skin touched in those areas and will be out of work until he improves. We are thankful he is not paralyzed!

I'm not the kind of Mom who nags on and on about stuff, so when I start harping, it's something they know I'm serious about ... Damn kids don't listen, even as adults!
    greysfang, rollo, sluce and 2 others like this.
    Drive-by poster

That is awful spinmonkey. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
    spinmonkey likes this.

That's so scary. Sending good thoughts for a quick recovery.
    spinmonkey likes this.

My daughter went to Cornell and you had to be able to swim the length of an olympic pool to graduate. No problem for her she was on the swim team. Knowing how to swim in socal is liking having your driver's licence, kinda of a necessity.
    rollo likes this.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

czb

hope your son has a swift recovery!
    spinmonkey likes this.

A*O

Your son was "lucky" spin, lots of people who have that kind of accident end up paraplegic (or worse). Hopefully you will never have to nag him again and he makes a speedy recovery.
    spinmonkey likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Everyone and anyone can swim, the major hindrance to learning is fear, or rather not being sufficiently relaxed in and around water.
    Yep, that's why I never learned even when I took classes. I was terrified of the deep end and too afraid to learn anything.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

I am so sorry spin. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
    spinmonkey likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Funky_chicken, your post reminded me of Boulder's Tube to Work Day. Don't think I would try this....too many people...but it looks like they're having fun.

https://youtu.be/7vWcVlbYHKg

Spinmonkey - heres to a full recovery & listening to Mom in future!

Pool Has Not Been Drained

And it Doesn't Have to Be

7/22/2015 1:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Demi Moore
    's pool has not been drained since a body was found at the bottom this past weekend ... and we just found out, there's absolutely nothing requiring it.
    According to local law, there are no specific rules on cleaning a pool or draining it after a death. Even in public pools, the law only requires that it be disinfected after drowning or evidence of blood, excrement or vomit. But even under those circumstances there's no requirement to drain the pool.
    Short story .... Demi can handle it her way.

Free Charmed.

Aren't they still shopping in NYC? You would think Demi would have been called back for an investigation.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Why? She wasn't there and doesn't know what happened.

I don't get the point of that TMZ article. So she didn't drain her pool? It seems like they are trying to create scandal out of this tragedy.
    czb, SHELLEE, Tati and 2 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information