Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Man found dead in Demi Moore’s pool

Demi Moore Releases Statement on Man's Death in Her Pool

Demi Moore has released a statement on the man who died in her pool over the weekend.
    “I am in absolute shock. I was out of the country traveling to meet my daughters for a birthday celebration when I got the devastating news,” the 52-year-old actress told JustJared.com in the statement.
    “The loss of a child is an unthinkable tragedy and my heart goes out to this young man’s family and friends,” she continued. “I ask that you please respect the privacy of all concerned during this sensitive time.”
    It was reported that the 21-year-old man slipped and fell into the pool while attending a party at the home. He did not know how to swim and drowned in the pool. Demi and her kids were not home at the time of the incident.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip and Entertainment News | Just Jared

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

I knew how to swim as a kid, but don't think I could do it now as an adult. I have a terrible fear of putting my entire head under water, don't like to hold my breath and can't hold it for very long. We don't know whether this man was drunk or not which could have impaired his ability to swim to safety.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

You all can move to Portland and I'll teach you how to swim. It's such a wonderful feeling of freedom to be able to float around in a pool without fear. I taught kids how to swim for years and loved it. I'm just happy that both my kids are in lessons now and I can lap swim while they swim.
    Novice likes this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by South Lake View Post
    I knew how to swim as a kid, but don't think I could do it now as an adult. I have a terrible fear of putting my entire head under water, don't like to hold my breath and can't hold it for very long. We don't know whether this man was drunk or not which could have impaired his ability to swim to safety.
    okay, then just a have a REALLY STRONG back stroke!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

A*O

You don't necessarily need to get your head or even your face underwater. If you could swim as a child you can swim as an adult. Its like riding a bike, you never forget.
    holly likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

All that is well and good in a pool but the sea is another animal altogether.

I never properly learned how to swim but I've always loved being in the water. I can dog paddle, backstroke, hold my head under water as long as I'm able to grab the edge of something or touch bottom. I'm fine in pools but my first time snorkeling was at Molokini crater in Hawaii and the waves constantly hitting me in the face didn't let me catch a breath-that, combined with not being able to touch bottom or grab something made me panic. My friend had to talk me through and get me to relax and breathe. All the floaties--yes I had them--wouldn't have helped me if I hadn't gotten a hold of my fear with my friend's guidance.

I don't remember a time in my life that I couldn't swim. I do remember going for lessons when I was really little, but I kept getting in trouble for swimming off on my own or just hanging out underwater. It always makes me feel a little good hearing my triathlon buddies freak out about the swim part, since if it were up to me, the whole thing would be in the pool.
    A*O and Clubber Lang like this.

A*O

When my kids were very little and exhausting I used to go to the local pool and swim laps for an hour a day. Just up and down the lap lanes staring at the black line, up and down, up and down. Very zen and I'm sure it stopped me going mad. Great all round exercise too.
    stella blue, rollo and dolem like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Wow, I never realized so many people could not swim either.

Story sounds really suspicious and I smell a lawsuit but have no knowledge of pools as related to homeowner insurance.
    dilligaf likes this.
    Drive-by poster

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by spinmonkey View Post
    Wow, I never realized so many people could not swim either.

Story sounds really suspicious and I smell a lawsuit but have no knowledge of pools as related to homeowner insurance.
    This.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

whether he was intoxicated or not, that's not a nice way to go. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    All that is well and good in a pool but the sea is another animal altogether.

I never properly learned how to swim but I've always loved being in the water. I can dog paddle, backstroke, hold my head under water as long as I'm able to grab the edge of something or touch bottom. I'm fine in pools but my first time snorkeling was at Molokini crater in Hawaii and the waves constantly hitting me in the face didn't let me catch a breath-that, combined with not being able to touch bottom or grab something made me panic. My friend had to talk me through and get me to relax and breathe. All the floaties--yes I had them--wouldn't have helped me if I hadn't gotten a hold of my fear with my friend's guidance.
    i'm the same and another one who was thrown into deep water as a child and almost drowned. ever since, i get panic attacks and freak out of i can't touch bottom. but otherwise it's fine, i love the sea and i can swim in shallow water. the other ones posting here who are afraid of deep water and say they can't swim - do you mean you can't swim in shallow water either?
    it's interesting to see that the same experience (being thrown into water) can be highly traumatizing for some and a learning experience for others.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    When my kids were very little and exhausting I used to go to the local pool and swim laps for an hour a day. Just up and down the lap lanes staring at the black line, up and down, up and down. Very zen and I'm sure it stopped me going mad. Great all round exercise too.
    I go about 2-3 times a week. It's the only "formal" exercise I get.

I had my first in the days of water babies classes everywhere. The concept is to get theM back in the water before they've forgotten how they swam in the womb. My oldest is one of those who sinks like a stone nowadays. It takes a great deal of work for him to swim, do he doesn't love it. My youngest swims like a fish.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My mom and her siblings don't know how to swim. They really didn't go to the water like ever so I guess their parents didn't find it essential.

Demi is about to get her ass sued off for this I have no doubt.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    That's exactly what I did with my best friend when we both had babies. It really saved the day!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

DAMN! Some people cannot learn how to swim! Seriously, we would like to swim but after YEARS of lessons some of us can't swim!!!!!!
    Beeyotch likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information