Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree1569Likes

Thread: Mama June leaves Sugar Bear (also handy pasta tips and child abuse)

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Me neither. Not after the "hoarder who ate her own poop" episode.
    I'm torn between being glad I don't have satellite tv anymore and massive curiosity.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I have 3 mothers on my caseload right now who have chosen child molesters over their children. Probably more who just aren't coming to mind ATM. Lots more over the years. It's always been fascinating to see such a high level of creative rationalization and denial taking place right in front of me.
    Wow... I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it is not to slap the sh*t out of those people.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I think this really hard, repeatedly: Are you fucking kidding me right now???
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^ Lobelia, can you give us an example of their creative rationalization? What could it be? He was framed? etc. I just can't fathom any woman doing this, but there seem to be a heck of a lot of 'em around. Scary.
    Last edited by llamamama; October 24th, 2014 at 12:50 PM.

At least Honey Boo Boo seems quite capable of defending herself. If the creep shows her his penis, she is likely to kick his testicles back into his abdomen.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I have 3 mothers on my caseload right now who have chosen child molesters over their children. Probably more who just aren't coming to mind ATM. Lots more over the years. It's always been fascinating to see such a high level of creative rationalization and denial taking place right in front of me.
    My wife's grandmother (or my MIL's mom) was widowed with 5 kids when her husband was killed in a car crash on the way to see a patient. She never remarried (or even dated, as far as I know) because she had three daughters were were really young and would rather figure out how to raise them herself than bring a strange guy into the house.

Examples, oh gosh, where to start. Well the one in my office yesterday after 18 months of denying he could have done it has actually started changing her mind, so she proceeded to blame the daughter for acting seductive, dressing inappropriately, tempting him, etc.

The one last week has always said he didn't do it because her daughter is mentally ill and you can't believe what she says, she saw no red flags, why would the daughter continue to want to be around him, he knew the daughter was molested when she was little and he saw how that hurt everybody so there's no way he would do it himself, the dates don't add up, there are inconsistencies in the story, he always protected her, look at the way he'd go up to the school and cuss out the staff if she got in trouble, etc.

That mom refused to believe her husband did it, then he pleaded guilty & got sentenced to 20 years, so then she cried and said omg he did it and the NEXT WEEK had changed her mind again and said no, he didn't do it, he just didn't want to make the daughter testify.

I could go on and on and on....

Silver Member

Good Lord, this woman has to be one of the stupidest people ever. Shit for brains!

My favorite, that happens all too often, is "He was in a bad way with drugs and alcohol, but has found the Lord now and will never do it again. I told my daughter as good Christians we need to forgive."
    Kittylady and Callalily like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Oh yes, that's one you can count on.

I guess the most common thing I see is that they nit-pick the stories until they convince themselves that it's impossible. It's win-win-win that way. They get to keep their man, feel good that they stand by their man when the world is against him, avoid facing their own feelings about not protecting the child/choosing bad men/being betrayed AND they get to avoid putting time & energy into helping the child overcome the trauma.
    Callalily likes this.

Examples, oh gosh, where to start. Well the one in my office yesterday after 18 months of denying he could have done it has actually started changing her mind, so she proceeded to blame the daughter for acting seductive, dressing inappropriately, tempting him, etc.

The one last week has always said he didn't do it because her daughter is mentally ill and you can't believe what she says, she saw no red flags, why would the daughter continue to want to be around him, he knew the daughter was molested when she was little and he saw how that hurt everybody so there's no way he would do it himself, the dates don't add up, there are inconsistencies in the story, he always protected her, look at the way he'd go up to the school and cuss out the staff if she got in trouble, etc.

That mom refused to believe her husband did it, then he pleaded guilty & got sentenced to 20 years, so then she cried and said omg he did it and the NEXT WEEK had changed her mind again and said no, he didn't do it, he just didn't want to make the daughter testify.

I could go on and on and on....
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My favorite, that happens all too often, is "He was in a bad way with drugs and alcohol, but has found the Lord now and will never do it again. I told my daughter as good Christians we need to forgive."
    I want to beg you both to tell me you're exaggerating, but unfortunately, I know you're not. I feel sick.

The one who blamed her daughter is a particular type of fundamental Christian. She has all these fucked up gender role expectations, basically boiling down to men=good, women=bad. Men should be the leader of the household, and the family must defer to him because he's the strongest & smartest and because duh, it's BIBLICAL. However, he is not responsible for molesting her daughter because if you put it out there for a man, he's gonna take it. That's what they do. It's her fault for doing it. I said ok, well, I'm not seeing how a person who is responsible for the morality and behavior of the family because he's the strongest can be so easily led astray by a young girl. Tell me who the strongest one is again???
    sluce, Sunrider, Kittylady and 4 others like this.

i wish all these stupid women could be charged. they're just as guilty as the abusers they're standing up for.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Wow, Brick is bilingual and speaks English and Hick.
    English and Redneck, really, but the Hick dialect is similar.

As for the moms putting their menfolk first, it just kills me. Before I worked in a middle school, I had a pretty rosy view of the world. Now there are so many things I wish I still didn't know kids went through, and this is on the list.
    sluce and Callalily like this.

Even if these mothers are so stupid that they don't believe it's true, you think they would at least want to do a little investigation into why their daughters would suddenly say something like that in the first place. I don't think in a million years my children's father would abuse them, but you can bet your ass I would find out the reason why they would say something like that to begin with. I would expect him to do the same if they said something like that about me.

On a side note, shortly after our daughter was born, Mr. Flygirl had to go pick up a rape suspect. This man had taken his six year old biological daughter into the woods and raped her. She told her mother, who was happily married to this man, what had happened. The mother had no reason to believe the story was true, and had no indications that her husband was a monster. Despite lack of "evidence", she trusted her protective instincts and immediately took her daughter to her mother's house and called the police. When Mr. Fly got to the home, he found the man dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound with a note that said "I'm sorry." I've always been grateful that that man was not alive when Mr. Fly got there, because I'm afraid he would have lost his cool if the suspect had admitted the rape to him. (like I said, our baby girl had just been born, and Mr. Fly was feeling even more protective of children than usual during that time period) And yes, there was overwhelming evidence it was a suicide. That worry crossed my mind once or twice too.
    sluce and Kittylady like this.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information