Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree1569Likes

Thread: Mama June leaves Sugar Bear (also handy pasta tips and child abuse)

Wait - Mama June is only 34 and her oldest daughter is 20?

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...125716849.html

Updated at 5:42 p.m. PT on 10/24/14: June Shannon's 20-year-old daughter, Anna Cardwell, confirmed to RadarOnline.com Friday that she was the victim who was molested by Mama June's ex-boyfriend Mark McDaniel when she was just 8 years old.

Though Cardwell initially defended her mother after reports surfaced that Mama June was dating the convicted child molester again, Anna — known as Chickadee on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo —has received new info leading her to believe that her mom has been seeing McDaniel behind the family's back.

"I believe she is seeing him and hanging around him," Cardwell, who is married and has a 2-year-old daughter of her own, told Radar. "I'm hurt. I think me and Mama's relationship may well be over."
    ------------------------------------------------------

Mama June says a report that she's currently dating a convicted child molester is hogwash. However, TLC has still pulled the plug on the reality series.

The Here Comes Honey Boo Boo star (real name: June Shannon) denied that she's dating 53-year-old Mark McDaniel — who was convicted in 2004 for aggravated child molestation — following her split with partner Sugar Bear in September. However, the network that is home to her popular show announced on Friday that it has been canceled.

"TLC has cancelled the series Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately," a spokesperson for the network told Yahoo. "Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children's ongoing comfort and well-being."

Mama June posted a video message on Facebook reacting to the cancellation soon after.

On Thursday night, Mama June, 34, posted another video to Facebook saying that McDaniel was an ex-boyfriend whom she ended a relationship with 10 years ago. She insisted that they were not reconciling, despite TMZ obtaining a photo of them snuggled up in a hotel room together, which was allegedly snapped just weeks ago.

"I want to make a post trying to clear up the rumors. Remember you can't believe everything you read!" she wrote. "Ppl sell stories to the tabloid everyday that r false! It isnt true."

June, who has four daughters with four different dads, continued, "I promise my kids r #1 priority over anything else and I would never put them in danger period over this or anything else. They r my life this is my past. I left him 10 yrs ago for it and I wouldn't go back."

She shared a link to an interview with Radar Online in which her daughter Lauryn "Pumpkin" Shannon said the dating rumors were "not true." However, Pumpkin confirmed that they previously were a couple. "My mom left Mark 10 years ago. They haven't seen nor talked in 10 years."

Pumpkin went on to add that Mama June has enjoyed being single since her split with Alana's dad, Sugar Bear. "She is all about the kids. She only needs us girls, no one else," said Lauryn. "We are all sticking together as one happy family with us four girls."

McDaniel was convicted a decade ago for molesting an 8-year-old child, according to the TMZ report. At the time, he was dating Mama June. June's now 20-year-old daughter Anna Shannon Cardwell revealed to RadarOnline.com on Friday that she was the victim.

Meanwhile, McDaniel's son, Michael McDaniel, spoke out on behalf of his father. Not only did he deny claims that his father had rekindled his romance with Mama June ("They are not dating, it's been 10 years," he told E! News), he claimed his father was innocent of the molestation charges.

"His criminal record was [the result of] false accusation," Michael told the website. "My father is a good man and a good father, he has always been good, he would never hurt anyone."

The cancellation of the show is a big hit for Mama June and company, who already filmed Season 5, which was set to air in January. The show debuted in August 2012 and was one of TLC's highest-rated shows in its first season. While it now has half the audience of its early highs, it was still pulling in big bucks for the network — and the family. Parade magazine reported that the family earned $50,000 per episode of the show, but after it took off during Season 1, that tripled.

There have been 52 episodes of the series and seven specials, meaning some big paydays for a family of modest means which mostly sat around telling fart jokes.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PecanPie View Post
    TMZ is vile.
    ^ This. They don't give a shit about anything other than breaking news. If I thought TMZ was invested in the story and wanted to embark on some real journalism and all that entails, I'd cut them some slack. But because they are not, cannot.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Yeah, June had her oldest kid when she was 15.

This behavior is also telling on the molester's side - if he had been falsely accused, he'd stay far away from the family who did it. He'd stay far away from any kids at all. That he immediately sought out June to hook up with her again is because he not only knows she's a gullible, easy mark, but she has new young daughters now and is rich to boot.
    CL**, sluce, Air Quotes and 5 others like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Ugh. TMZ might be vile but I think I'll save most of my disgust for TLC. No one will convince me they didn't know what kind of trash they were dealing with but rode that gravy train until the inevitable implosion and then distanced themselves in the blink of an eye.

I never watched this show and never understood the fascination with this white trash train wreck but whatever. It's even sadder than the usual things you read in the paper because these poor kids are in the public domain and even after all the money's gone their sordid family history will follow them forever. They'll be profiled in the National Enquirer and "where are they now" stories for the rest of their lives. And I'm sure it won't be pretty. I can only imagine what Alana will be up to in 10 years.

Anyway...it seems most media outlets are saying that the molester boyfriend was convicted of crimes against June's daughter but the Daily Mail article Kitty linked said this (so there was apparently more than one victim, but he was only convicted of one crime? Even more damning than what is being reported.) :

McDaniel was released in March after serving a 10-year prison service for 'forcing a girl to perform oral sex on him' according to TMZ, but it is understood that this was a separate incident.

Radar report that Anna was abused by McDaniel, 53, in 2002 and 2003.

He was indicted in June 2003 for 'aggravated child molestation and aggravated sexual battery on his young victim' which Radar now reports was Anna.

The case was dismissed some time later, however, McDaniel was then convicted on aggravated child molestation charges in a different case in Spalding County.

Read more: Honey Boo Boo shock claim that Mama June's now adult daughter was victim of child molester¬* | Daily Mail Online

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ugh. TMZ might be vile but I think I'll save most of my disgust for TLC. No one will convince me they didn't know what kind of trash they were dealing with but rode that gravy train until the inevitable implosion and then distanced themselves in the blink of an eye.
    Agree. That is why I am not impressed that they cancelled the show, but am surprised that they did. There had to be some corporate machinations behind the scenes to make that happen. They won't draw the line at 500 pound people or airing the demise of marriages, so my cynical brain says some producer would have loved to keep filming "Cause it is reality!!!!eleventy11!!!" and there was something behind the scenes that shut it down. I would hope it was because of someone thinking straight. But my cynical brain thought, "they are worried about liability." If the welfare of the family and kids was their prime concern, TLC probably would not have picked up this show.

Y'all can come sit on the couch right by me and I'll slide some tinfoil your way if you want to make a hat, too.

TLC only cancelled this show because of ratings!!! If the ratings were still high they would have changed the story and mama and daughters would have been on every show saying how this man destroyed their lives once and isn't welcomed in their lives!!
    TMZ is equally vile because they should have called CPS and not posted the story!

When you have issues with yourself you end up being with Piece of shit, disgraceful people!! She needs help and a bath
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

God I hate to defend TMZ, but they are not the only outlet to report that Anna was the victim, and I don't believe they were first. Anna chose to go public. June can deny this all she wants but their show is still very profitable to TLC so it speaks volumes that they cancelled it. They must have seen the pudding. Even Anna says she defended her mother at first, then something happened that gave her proof that her mother was seeing her abuser again, she went public, and has said she believes this means the end of her relationship with her mother. I wonder if Anna's father is in her life so she will still have one parent?
    Callalily and Sunrider like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

The only glimmer of hope here is if he tries that on Honey Boo Boo she will bite that sucker right off.
    PecanPie, sluce, Kittylady and 3 others like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You Do, Of Course, Realize That This Is Going To End Very, Very Badly | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

And the Onion was dead on, as usual...

And I've read that Jessica's dad is also a child sex offender, so clearly June the Hutt has a type.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Pumpkin went on to add that Mama June has enjoyed being single since her split with Alana's dad, Sugar Bear. "She is all about the kids. She only needs us girls, no one else," said Lauryn. "We are all sticking together as one happy family with us four girls.".
    sounds like someone has been poisoned against sugar bear already! Sounds like he should have a pretty good case for full custody.
    Sunrider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Wait - Mama June is only 34 and her oldest daughter is 20?

Updated at 5:42 p.m. PT on 10/24/14: June Shannon's 20-year-old daughter, Anna Cardwell, confirmed to RadarOnline.com Friday that she was the victim who was molested by Mama June's ex-boyfriend Mark McDaniel when she was just 8 years old.
    I'm going to be sick. Mama June is disgusting.

I find it hard to believe that TLC didn't know about the family's history/didn't at one point, if not before offering them their own show, do a background check on the family and find out most of this information already (with the exception of the network being aware that her own daughter was the victim of sexual assault Mama June's boyfriend was convicted for - I don't think public court documents name the victims, especially if they are underage).
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

The conviction was for a crime against another child, not Anna, so her name wouldn't be listed in the court docs anyway.
    sluce and SoCalMarie like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The conviction was for a crime against another child, not Anna, so her name wouldn't be listed in the court docs anyway.
    Another child?! Jesus.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

There have been several
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

So if TLC did a background check and found out that 10 years ago Mama big House dated a guy in jail ... then what? It would have no bearing on their lives now. Also, I'd think the more fucked up someone is, the more likely TLC will give them a show. I'm quite surprised they drew a line here.
    Callalily likes this.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information