Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Mama June Confronted Over Honey Boo Boo’s Weight

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    When I was a kid in the 70's it was a joke in our house how they marketed this crap as 'part of a nutritious breakfast', and in the photos of the 'nutritious breakfast' were toast, an egg, and a grapefruit half....which is nutritious, but has nothing to do with the pop tart or sugary cereal they were marketing that way.
    Yeah, my poor mom, so gullible. She's still like that. She'll give my kids strawberry Twizzlers and when I complain, she'll say, "What? There's fruit in them."

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Maybe they put a strawberry in the oven, while baking them.
    And I like how they always say "Real Fruit" as opposed to "Fake Fruit".

uh oh, forgot to multiquote.

fgg

mmmm...poptarts! the chocolate ones and the cinnamon are my favorite. i don't care for fruit goo to mess up my sweets.

my young stepsons are allowed by my husband to consume (tiny) juice box after juice box and i try to push in and say WATER! but i get overruled. i buy V8 fusion so at least they are getting fruit & veggies but it still has a bunch of sugar in there.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Remember Cookie Crisp? Here kids, have a bowl of COOKIES for breakfast!
    Yeah, I was pissed when I got my mom to buy them too. They SUCKED. What a let down.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

When I was in after-school daycare in my elementary school, I would love being dropped off before school as well because they used to give us Poptarts and boxed cereal for breakfast. The best day was when I dug way to the bottom of the big cardboard box of cereal and found that the bottom-most layer was entirely Cocoa Puffs---changed my entire elementary school life. Those were the days!

Edit: ^^^I used to consume Cookie Crisp by the box as a kid when I'd go to my father's house (my mother didn't allow processed foods), I fucking loved them. I really don't know how I made it past puberty...
    Callalily likes this.

Perhaps Mama June is recalling the Reagan years when ketchup was classified as a vegetable.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

My mom sucked. I never had Poptarts until I was in junior high. Once in a blue moon she would let me get the sugary goodness cereals like Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles, or Frankenberry! My mom cooked my breakfast until Junior high, she also packed my lunch until around the same time. The only time I bought lunch at school was when it was pizza day or a day with tater tots

We had junk food in our house as a kid, but everything else was cooked fresh. Maybe that was the difference.

What's with all the hate? OF COURSE they are part of a balanced and nutritious breakfast. Look at that vitamin C content.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Silver Member

I love love Blueberry pop tarts. It puzzled me when people swore I was eating them 'raw' because I never toasted them. They're not raw!
    nana51 and nessysuperstar like this.

When I actually did eat them, I would toast the shit out of 'em and burn the fuck out of my mouth on the "fruit" and blackened "pastry".
    greysfang, *DIVA! and spinmonkey like this.

Best stoned/drunk munchie - bake a frozen pie crust, spread your favorite jelly/jam/preserves on it while hot. Grab fork/s and devour out of the aluminum tin. ddrrroooolll. Usually eaten while sitting on the living room floor circling the coffee table with 3 friends laughing HILARIOUSLY at absolutely nothing. Burning your tongue adds to the experience. ENJOY!

They had a really great Poptart a few years ago. One was Vanilla milkshake and the other was chocolate banana spilt. So yummy.

I don't toast them either.
    nessysuperstar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    We had junk food in our house as a kid, but everything else was cooked fresh. Maybe that was the difference.
    This is pretty much exactly how it was at my house. My mom coupon-ed it, so we had cereal by the metric assload, but I only wanted the healthy kind. Other than cereal, we didn't snack, and my mom cooked every night, mostly veggies she'd canned/frozen from my grandparents' garden.
    spinmonkey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    Best stoned/drunk munchie - bake a frozen pie crust, spread your favorite jelly/jam/preserves on it while hot. Grab fork/s and devour out of the aluminum tin. ddrrroooolll. Usually eaten while sitting on the living room floor circling the coffee table with 3 friends laughing HILARIOUSLY at absolutely nothing. Burning your tongue adds to the experience. ENJOY!
    I can totally envision this.

We live far away from my mum so when we are at her house she spoils my kids so much. I do not allow them cereal although they love it so once they convinced her to buy them Lion Cereal. I had to try this. It tasted sweeter then the actual bar. I cannot believe this could be considered 'breakfast'. But I must admit when I showed my mum it contained something like 40gr of sugar per 100 gr she agreed to never buy this one anymore.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information