Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Mama June Confronted Over Honey Boo Boo’s Weight

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    not necessarily. scrambled eggs are cooked differently than omelets. omelets can have other ingredients, or be plain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    omelette=beaten eggs cooked in whole piece (sometimes folded)
    scrambled eggs= beaten eggs scrambled into pieces as they're cooking.
    In my experience in diners/restaurants in NYC, scrambled eggs come out cooked like an omelet without other ingredients added to it. Could be a regional thing cause where I live in PA, all the restaurants make omelets with the ingredients placed in the middle with the egg folded over it, not throughout the egg like in NYC. They call a NYC style omelet a "scrambled mess" when you want everything mixed through the egg.

I'm actually fascinated by regional food name/ preparation differences.
    stella blue and sputnik like this.

Interesting. My omelettes always turn out to be a scrambled mess because I am terrible at turning them. I guess I'll just claim to be a New Yorker from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    I am surprised how many people think juice is heatlhy. No, it isn't! I always tell the kids if you are going to have juice you might as well have a coke, that said, kids are allowed one fizzy drink or juice a week. If they are going to have sugar, I prefer they eat it rather then drink it.
    That's how I am with my kids. I let them have candy and cake and cookies (in moderation) but no juice or soda. My friends ask why the candy's OK and I said the same as you. Let them eat the calories, not drink them. I don't want them to think that soda is a beverage to be drunk with meals or when thirsty. I know a LOT of people like that and they are overweight/diabetic.

ETA: I saw a documentary on a doc that worked with overweight kids, and the first thing they get rid of is the juice.

My daughter is now 21, but even when she was little her pediatrician told me to give her only breast milk and water when she was really young. She really oushed water saying that in her expereince, infants who were given water grew up to choose water as their drink of choice when thirsty. Then once she was weaned it was milk and water. She recommended against juice saying it is healthier to give the child the actual fruit and if I really wanted to use juice it should be diluted to 2/3 water and 1/3 juice. Now at 21 my kid drinks water non-stop or gaterade when the coach forces it on them. She will drink milk but prefers to get calicum through other sources.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If I'm going to drink my calories, it needs to contain alcohol.

^^ amen. why waste it on pepsi...........I had some leftover spanish omelet for lunch, so thanks mama june and pig child
    SHELLEE and sluce like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Sluce that is exactly the ratio I would do with juice the times I would give it to my son when he was little. 2/3 water, 1/3 juice. When he got a little older I'd get those Sprite in the small cans 6 or 8 oz I think and he could have one of those a day if he wanted.

I don't like to drink my calories either. But I have to have a bit of milk if I'm eating cereal. It's 1% though.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I've worked in elementary schools for over 30 years. In the early days very few kids bought lunch. Lunches from home were pretty decent and there were very few chubby kids. As the years went on more and more kids bought lunch as both parents now work and are very busy. School lunches are HORRENDOUS! some days they could have nachos for lunch and nothing else, except juice or milk (they always choose chocolate). Some days they had "brunch for lunch" Which was a waffles smothered in syrup. They usually (90%) choose a slice of pizza, chocolate milk, and a pieces of fruit which is often throw away. The "chubby" kids now represent at least 25%. It is worse than ever. We are working on changing attitudes of parents and kids. We now have a garden that grows fresh veggies which we serve in our cafeteria. No more juice. We teach the kids and they in turn teach their parents.
    BelledeJour, sluce, Trixie and 2 others like this.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

czb

i don't see any fatties at our elementary school. PE classes 4-5 times a week. healthy lunch, no juice. sometimes i sneak two chocolate chips into their snack box as a surprise.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Our kids' elementary school had low-fat everything.

When I was in high school, I would either buy a piece of pizza and coke with my lunch money or buy three Good Humor chocolate eclair popsicles. God, that was great. I still graduated at about 5'10" 140 pounds.

Nana - I LOVE the idea of a garden at the school for this kids.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

In high school, unless I brought something (like a sandwich and a piece of fruit) from home, my lunch would be a 99 cent salad and a diet coke. For a couple of reasons.
    #1. The only food available at my high school (except for the salad bar) sucked.
    #2. Fat was gross back then, no teenage girl wanted an extra ounce of it anywhere.
    #3. My mom was a greedy, bitter, newly-divorced, penny-pinching tightwad and getting any money out of her back then was like getting blood out of a stone. These harsh years that comprised most of my time in high school (before I was of age to be able to have a job or had a car to get myself to one) she was notorious for finding ways to keep from giving me an allowance. I could do no right. She couldn't exactly get away with not giving me lunch money however, so begrudgingly gave me 10 bucks a week to manage feeding myself on. As outrageous as this sounds, most of the shit entrees cost this, or you could get a shitty processed sandwich for a buck, then some chips and a drink for about another buck. Little did mom know that I spent about $3-5 out of that $10 a week and pocketed the rest.

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system. Carry on.
    Last edited by MsDark; February 24th, 2015 at 04:43 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Ha, I remember when my mom would give me a dollar to go to McDonald's. I could get a cheeseburger, fries and a small coke and still have .35 left over for a pack of cigarettes. Little did she know...
    sprynkles and Mrs P like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I always had the hot lunch at school. Most all the kids did. It was .40. And sometimes it was pretty good. We never had chocolate milk. Bummer. In high school we would leave and go get fast food. Still only weighed 115 at graduation. I rode my bike everywhere and exercised to stay thin. I have to wonder if I could say the same thing if the internet existed?
    JazzyGirl likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Honey Boo Boo

TLC Ultimatum to Family

Stop Pitching Yourselves, Or Else

2/24/2015 11:12 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Honey Boo Boo's hopes of being a pop diva may have just been shattered ... the star's former network says they'll come down on her like a ton of bricks if she releases a song.
    Sources close to the family say TLC sent the family an ultimatum ... they can't work for another entertainment company until their contract with the network runs its course at the end of May.
    Mama June, Honey, and the fam were in town last week shopping a reboot of their show to other networks and HBB recorded a song, "Movin' Up," with Pumpkin and Adam Barta, produced by LA On The Track.
    Our sources say the network would ultimately take them to court if the family tries to make money before June. TLC has paid the entire family their money for the season that never aired, plus tutoring and health insurance.
    Apparently the family isn't scared, because they've lawyered up.
    See also

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3ShxAOR4P

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information