Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Mama June Confronted Over Honey Boo Boo’s Weight

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    And real food
    You mean Sketti isn't real food?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Also, let's just throw Mama June in a swamp somewhere. One full of hungry alligators.
    Apparently lacing the water with marshmallows is a good way to attract gators but you might have trouble getting them there before Mama June had hoovered all the floating marshmallows into her gaping maw.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    I distinctly remember the first time I visited the US and went to a movie that I was shocked by how big those cups were. The cups we considered a large back home in Europe was a small here in the US.
    My other half has been to the US quite a bit on business and he always struggles not only with the portion sizes but the way that a request for very simple food is met with a lack of comprehension. For example, the last time he was over there he went down for breakfast and requested a plain omelette. Then started the questions - would he like cheese on that? No, just plain, thanks. What about peppers and mushrooms? No thanks, just a plain omelette, no cheese, no peppers, no mushrooms, just plain. We can do it with breakfast sausage, spicy sausage, ham, (the list goes on and on for another minute or so). NO! Just a plain omelette made out of just eggs with nothing else added to it please! So they took his order and his breakfast came out and not only was the omelette large enough to have fed two people it was also swimming in butter. The American diet plays merry hell with his diabetes if he's not super vigilant.
    nana51 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    So, they didn't confront her about being shacked up with her daughter's molester?
    This.

I mean, obviously it's better to get healthy early in life than to have to fight with it later, but priorities are seriously fucked up when people are more concerned about some extra pounds than an imminent danger situation. Being fat is no fun, but it's not worse than being molested.
    Trixie likes this.

Desperately seeking relevancy. Today, it's weight issues, fast forward a few years and it will be drug problems or teen pregnancy. Any way you slice it, this kid is doomed. It's a shame but I still say....get this trashy family off my TV!
    tulip, sluce, KrisNine and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    This.

I mean, obviously it's better to get healthy early in life than to have to fight with it later, but priorities are seriously fucked up when people are more concerned about some extra pounds than an imminent danger situation. Being fat is no fun, but it's not worse than being molested.
    Yeah but trying to diet a fat kid and her behemoth mother is more acceptable car crash tv than a child molester on the loose around the kid whose sister he molested. Networks have no shame when there's $$ to be made.
    idunno likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

I have never seen the show The Doctors so I don't kow if this is normal fpr them. I didn't even see this episode. LOL I just saw the hoghlights covered on Access Hollywood.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hog-lights?
    sluce, Kittylady and Mrs P like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I've said this before ... overweight people have become the norm to the point where we hardly even notice it anymore. I was sitting on the bus one day, going to work, and for some reason, I started to really look at the people around me. Almost every single person, with the exception of a few Asian college students, was heavy. I remember feeling incredibly shocked. I still feel rather unsettled whenever I think about it. I don't remember it being this way when I was younger.
    We went out to dinner Saturday night and while we were waiting for our table, we noticed the steady stream of people walking in the door that were significantly overweight. We weren't at the healthiest of places, but it was well over half of the people. And this was in San Diego. There were a ton of overweight children. For kids, I tend to blame juice for a lot of it. Babies and toddlers drinking bottles filled with juice. A cup of juice has over 100 calories. A few bottles a day, add food and snacks to the mix and that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Yes! And they even make plates now with divisions to help a person gauge portion sizes. Standard dinner plates are much larger than they were a few decades ago, when the excess of the 80s began.

There red was an article in "Ad Age" magazine that I read years ago (1990? Early 90s) that I've been unable to find again. It mentioned that McDonald's believed it wasn't moving enough soda (this was before the soda bars and free refills) so they decided to make bigger straws so people dining in house would consume them faster and thus buy refills.
    I've always noticed that about McDonald's straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    My weight was my age times 10 until I was 12 and then it stopped there, thank God. (Until college). My daughter is about to turn 8 and weighs 49 pounds. She eats very healthily and plays a lot of sports and dances. She looks fine, but that number still kind of scares me. She's 52 inches so she's a normal height. I'm going to have to ask her ped about that. Anybody have any experience with a kid who looks fine, but is entirely too light?
    I was like your daughter. I weighed 40 some pounds in 4th grade. I ate and was growing, I was just small.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Hog-lights?
    Typo but appropriate.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

oink.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I remember the weight/measure days every year in gym when I was a kid. But I dreaded it because I was a shrimp. I know I weighed 67lb in the 5th grade. One of my good friends growing up was the class "fat kid" and I used to feel even worse for her when they called those weights out. She was the heaviest in our class by far, in grade school even outweighing the heaviest boy. I remember them yelling out her weight in 6th grade...."141!", because of the stupid boys' reactions following. I'll bet she wasn't even as heavy as HHB is now when she was at the same age.

A couple of ya'll people who aren't seeing a lot of overweight/obese folk, I'd like to know where you live. I think this makes a big difference. I'm actually technically overweight right now (and in the process of losing it) but I am tiny compared to the ginormous fatasses I see everywhere I go here in MS/TN. I can still shop in the regular women's clothing sections of the stores.

My friend who was the class fat kid when we were young would have a whole posse she could hang with if we were in school today. When I was a kid (the days of recess, daily gym classes, and playing outside every day after school and on weekends) after my friend, there were a handful of chubbies (today these would be considered the "average" size kids) who would sometimes get called "fat" if someone wanted to pick on them. But everyone else (i.e. the majority) was anywhere from thin to downright skinny. Back then that was a normal size. Especially for a kid. If you were fat, especially a fat kid, then something was very wrong.

Yeah, waaaay too many fatasses now. At least where I live.
    louiswinthorpe111 and Mrs P like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    This.

I thought Mama June kicked the pedo to the curb? Yeah she's a liar and all that but it's been quite on that front so the assumption is the girl is not in that particular danger ATM.

Her weight however is a serious health risk. Type 2 diabetes in kids is on the rise and has serious health consequences, like shortening her life span. I don't watch the show but wasn't she being given some juice that was like mainlining sugar so she could perform? If they were putting cigarettes in her mouth to keep her thin we'd be outraged so why not feeding the kid so bad a diet it threatens her health long term?

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    We don't have children (just never happened for us), so my experience is with my niece. She was always lighter than classmates p, but ate well and was very active growing up, had no issues with eating. She loves to cook, has since she was old enough to work a stove. She is still very tall and slim in her early 20s. My mother and my niece's grandfather on her mom's side were lean (and he was tall) growing up, so genetics likely play a factor. Maybe that is the case for your daughter, Flygirl?
    It's definitely not genetic . What's weird about it is she is a normal sized kid, just that light. Makes me worry about bone density issues and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Desperately seeking relevancy. Today, it's weight issues, fast forward a few years and it will be drug problems or teen pregnancy. Any way you slice it, this kid is doomed. It's a shame but I still say....get this trashy family off my TV!
    If they were serious about this shit (getting this family healthy in any way possible) it wouldn't be on TV.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

But, how would they get paid doing it that way???
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    But, how would they get paid doing it that way???
    It isn't even an incentive to work hard at it either - the more drama they create through resisting the help, the less they lose then the more chance of being invited back for another go round.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information