Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Mama June Confronted Over Honey Boo Boo’s Weight

Twitchy is right. No one knows how much to eat anymore. Portion sizes are a lot bigger than they used to be. Remember the little bags of chips we had as kids? They are twice as big now. A large soda back then is like a medium now. The addition of corn into practically all processed foods.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I distinctly remember the first time I visited the US and went to a movie that I was shocked by how big those cups were. The cups we considered a large back home in Europe was a small here in the US.
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    They just promo'd this on Access Hollywood. The Doctors gave Boo Boo a bike to get some exercise and are providing a personal chef. So yeah, this will be a lifelong change....
    Well, shit, motherfuckers, give ME an exercise bike, a personal chef and a trainer!! I actually make a contribution to society!!!
    SHELLEE, Lalasnake, sluce and 4 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

czb

funny how they confronted mama june at the same time one of the MDs was putting out a diet book.
    *DIVA!, dilligaf and BITTER like this.

Yeah. I noticed that show doesn't talk about anything that they can't make a buck on.

Who is the sister with the blonde wig on that show? Make her stop wearing that on her head.
    greysfang likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

czb

which one?

Meet Our Doctors

I see they got rid of that woman I could not stand. Something about her strutting around in red stilettos with her doctor smock on.

czb

i don't watch the show, but the only one i don't like is jennifer. have met her socially and she is heinous.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Twitchy is right. No one knows how much to eat anymore. Portion sizes are a lot bigger than they used to be. Remember the little bags of chips we had as kids? They are twice as big now. A large soda back then is like a medium now. The addition of corn into practically all processed foods.

Yes! And they even make plates now with divisions to help a person gauge portion sizes. Standard dinner plates are much larger than they were a few decades ago, when the excess of the 80s began.

There red was an article in "Ad Age" magazine that I read years ago (1990? Early 90s) that I've been unable to find again. It mentioned that McDonald's believed it wasn't moving enough soda (this was before the soda bars and free refills) so they decided to make bigger straws so people dining in house would consume them faster and thus buy refills.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Wasn't that the worst? I remember doing that every year -- weight and measure day. You would line up outside the nurse's office, she would call you in and without any privacy weigh/measure you, and say the numbers out loud while recording it. Some moms would be there to help. Horrible.
    I remember the nurse saying I was chubby in front of everyone. I think it was 5th grade. They had us all in the gym when doing the measurements and weigh in. Looking back I wasn't, but she was a bitch and mother of a couple of the kids. She was jealous of my mom and seemed to take it out on me. That incident led to a body image issue and me having a major food issue. In my teens and early 20's I was pretty much starving myself to be a size zero at 5'8". I'm normal now and retired the scales. But yeah, interesting how something that occurs when you're so young can affect you for so long.

My weight was my age times 10 until I was 12 and then it stopped there, thank God. (Until college). My daughter is about to turn 8 and weighs 49 pounds. She eats very healthily and plays a lot of sports and dances. She looks fine, but that number still kind of scares me. She's 52 inches so she's a normal height. I'm going to have to ask her ped about that. Anybody have any experience with a kid who looks fine, but is entirely too light?

I weigh less today at 38 than I did at 12 by 30 pounds.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    My weight was my age times 10 until I was 12 and then it stopped there, thank God. (Until college). My daughter is about to turn 8 and weighs 49 pounds. She eats very healthily and plays a lot of sports and dances. She looks fine, but that number still kind of scares me. She's 52 inches so she's a normal height. I'm going to have to ask her ped about that. Anybody have any experience with a kid who looks fine, but is entirely too light?
    As long as she is growing proportionately on her height/weight chart it's fine. Your pediatrician can tell you. It's when something levels off unexpectedly or goes down they get concerned. If she's always been in a low percentile for her weight then that is fine.
    InigoMontoya and sparkles like this.

We don't have children (just never happened for us), so my experience is with my niece. She was always lighter than classmates p, but ate well and was very active growing up, had no issues with eating. She loves to cook, has since she was old enough to work a stove. She is still very tall and slim in her early 20s. My mother and my niece's grandfather on her mom's side were lean (and he was tall) growing up, so genetics likely play a factor. Maybe that is the case for your daughter, Flygirl?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information