Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree480Likes

Thread: Madonna's Getting Serious with 25-Year-Old Boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    She was always about the performance, the dance, the effect. To hell with whether she can actually sing more than one octave or not...Her songs have no inflection, no light or shade, just monotone with a dance beat. Her talent is selling the visual. But that visual of her in the bath made me gag.....
    True. She was just operating in an uncrowded market at the time and quickly went for shock value when it was apparent she couldn't sing and even her dancing required a cast of thousands. Her visual was never great but she was bold and arrogant from the start.
    DawnM74, Angeli and cheray like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by LameAnn View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread on this. But I am really grossed out by this on so many levels. First of all, Madonna is worth over $500,000. How about donating a million or so to worthy organizations during this pandemic? Noooooo. Madonna, instead, wants to deliver her pearls of wisdom to us The only surprise is she never once used the word "ironic," the word she loves to throw out in every interview.

Over the past decade, as Madonna's bad plastic surgery has increased, her narcissism has quadrupled, and none of what endeared me to Madonna is left. To me, it's so sad. And her plastic surgery is so disturbing in this video. I truly thought Madonna was going to rock her 50s and 60s. Boy, was I wrong. She's so tone-deaf and out of touch and desperate. But I'll always have three decades of Madonna that are magnificent that she still hasn't managed to ruin, but it's getting harder to say that.

As a fan of old shar-pei Warren Beatty, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that karma is getting this megalomaniacal bitch, big time. Her only real talent ever was that she was a good sales woman: she sold the talentless shite Madonna as a brand and got tons of idiots following her like she was the second coming of Christ. But in the end, she's nothing but a pathetic attention whore who cannot accept her time was up, a long time ago. In a way, she's just like Trump: it always had and has to be about her. Sick bitch.
    Angeli, DawnM74, Patty Rox and 1 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Madonna (and Warren Beatty) prove that age (not Covid-19) is the great equalizer. It gets us all in the end.

Hey, I know you hate her and i hate her, too. But Madonna has been a good songwriter, her tunes are catchy and she never did the same thing twice. For a career that long, that is not an easy feat. Also, if you get over her being late, she has been a fantatic performer and entertainer.
    Give her some credit where credit is due.

Not that she's not a complete asshole in her sunset boulevard bubble by now.

"she never did the same thing twice"

I beg to differ: her whole career consists of whoring herself out and playing with the conflict of Church/catholicism versus being a sex-obsessed attention whore. She just had different looks and outfits for her different phases.
    rollo, DawnM74, Kittylady and 5 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I used to really love her back in the 80's. Her songs and videos were so fun. Then I saw some documentary or something where she was sitting at a table with a bunch of her people and she sounded like such an idiot. Not like whatever fake London lady she is now. She was crude, loud, and foul mouthed. I pretty much stopped crushing on her after that. But I still like her music from back then and don't hate her. I do still think she's an idiot.

Please, she never wrote her own songs. Changing 'and' to 'the' to get a songwriting credit is not songwriting. She's not the only one but she (and maybe Beyonce) have been pretty blatant about it and the poor songwriters have to agree to get the exposure and some of the royalties.

A true songwriter would be someone like George Michael or Elton John (writing at least all his music.) That's why Elton fell out with her because he felt she was a charlatan and her stage performances were almost always miming. I know she's not the only one but she thought she could get away with it and go on money-making tours for ever when it's her dancers and stage managers doing the hard work to make her look spectacular.
    DawnM74, HWBL, Kittylady and 2 others like this.

I have only watched a few snippets of her quarantine vids but I haven't seen her youngster in any of them.

He go home to his mama right now?

Nothing will test love like being quarantined together.
    DawnM74 and crayzeehappee like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I guess like Elizabeth Taylor and her 'gardener' he is forced to be on hand for his services. Maybe chilling in another wing, though?
    DawnM74 likes this.

Madonna's got a zillion good songs. Probably 4 times as many as the average pop performer. 38 in the top 10. Elton John wrote songs with Bernie Taupin - he didn't do it all by himself. Almost nobody does. The fact that she's a self-important asshat is beside the point.

^^^^^
    this. just because she's obnoxious doesn't mean she's not one of the most iconic musical performers of all time. The fact that she did it without writing all her own songs or without having a classically good singing voice is, if anything, all the more admirable. she's hard working, ambitious, genius at marketing herself, and paved the way for all the women who came after her.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I thought death was the “great equalizer”?

Anyway, she reminds me of a teenager with her “wisdom” - she’s thinks she’s so deep, but only as deep as puddle. Everything she’s saying here, everyone already knows. And it applies to many illnesses, the first ones I thought of were depression & cancer.

Everything about this video is so contrived, just like everything she’s ever done.

There was another quarantine video of her “singing” on Twitter that was absolutely horrible. I’ll find it & post the link
    DawnM74 and rollo like this.

https://twitter.com/madonna/status/1...554615298?s=21

Her whole feed is full of narcissistic videos of herself (of course) right now. Although she did recruit poor David in af least one that I saw while searching for this one. The one with her at the typewriter is beyond ridiculous. I should’ve included the link for that as well. But really, her whole feed of quarantine videos is cringeworthy & worth a look if you need a laugh.
    DawnM74, HWBL, rollo and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    I thought death was the “great equalizer”?

Anyway, she reminds me of a teenager with her “wisdom” - she’s thinks she’s so deep, but only as deep as puddle. Everything she’s saying here, everyone already knows. And it applies to many illnesses, the first ones I thought of were depression & cancer.

Everything about this video is so contrived, just like everything she’s ever done.

There was another quarantine video of her “singing” on Twitter that was absolutely horrible. I’ll find it & post the link
    This. The woman is a brilliant marketer. Love her or hate her, she has made millions because she was a trendsetter. However, just because she's a brilliant marketer and was on the forefront of trends for many years doesn't make her smart, deep or have any worldly understanding of anything. I think she started the downward spiral when she was no longer in front of trends blazing the way... she was a step behind... and she's gotten farther behind the older she's gotten. The constant repackaging and clinging to her sexy past started to make her look desperate. She is so self involved. The bigger she got more narcissistic she got. The English accent, adopting kids like souvenirs and desperate bids to be taken seriously just don't work. Now all that plastic surgery and dating the young guys. It's just sad. There is not one thing interesting or trendsetting or revolutionary about her now. There is just a shell of a narcissistic icon left.
    rollo, HWBL, holly and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    https://twitter.com/madonna/status/1...554615298?s=21

Her whole feed is full of narcissistic videos of herself (of course) right now. Although she did recruit poor David in af least one that I saw while searching for this one. The one with her at the typewriter is beyond ridiculous. I should’ve included the link for that as well. But really, her whole feed of quarantine videos is cringeworthy & worth a look if you need a laugh.
    I wanted a good laugh, but that video link of her singing with a hairbrush of all things ( does she think she is 15 or something) well it made me feel sad... her tightly pulled scarey face....her futile attempts at youth....her very nature disturbs me.
    Jack I swear.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information