Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Madonna: ‘We still live in a very sexist society that wants to limit people’

Says the woman who dressed like a 17 year old poser last night on Jimmy Fallon.
    rollo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    It's a double edged sword, really. I don't think a +50 yo man would be taken serioulsly, if he went around showing his ass pretending to be 25. On the other hand, men don't have to use their sexuality to be noticed in the first place.
    you're expected to use it, and then once you're past your prime, you have to put it away and quietly go away so no one has to look at your body ageing and sagging or think about older women still doing it because ew.
    so yeah, it's not exactly mature of madge to still be flashing her ass and giving the world the finger but she's not exactly the demure, gracefully ageing type anyway.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I get what your'e saying totally. But she is expecting respect because in her mind she deserves it. And yes, she does deserve respect as an artist who has managed to stay in our faces since the 80's. But for her to be confused as to why people don't respect her as an intellect is funny. What has she done to prove she's more than a singer/stripper?
    Angeli likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

^^^^
    she's not only survived, she's risen to the top and become a superstar and an icon even though she's neither a great beauty nor a great singer or dancer. and she can't act her way out of a paper bag.
    you have to hand it to vadge, she became a legend out of sheer ambition and discipline more than real artistic talent.
    and she's not going to go quietly lol
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

So she reckons she's earned the right to be a PITA? Wrong! Begone! Don't keep moaning when you drop off the playlists. She's so tedious with her granny stripper schtick.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

the word ambition should be amended in the dictionary to include a picture of madonna.

i kinda dont like it when people call her granny and say she should not be so sexual at her age. but i think what people really mean is she shouldn't look so cheap and trashy. it's even gross on a 21 year old. she can be sexy up the wazoo at her age by dressing classy. she has that s&m obsession though so i dont think she will ever get away from the kinky shit.
    sprynkles, qwerty, sputnik and 3 others like this.

Bombed for the very first time! Forced laughter and awkward silences during Madonna's 'seriously un-funny' first stand-up routine on The Tonight Show

• Stand-up routine on The Tonight Show on Thursday branded 'a bomb'
    • Singer said she was a 'closet comedian' always wanted to do stand-up
    • Her jokes were about dating younger men and her art collection
    • 'I crack myself up,' she said at one point

Published: 11:21 EST, 11 April 2015

She's the queen of reinvention who has tried her hand at many a field outside her record-breaking pop career, from acting to business and philanthropy.

She's even opened a chain of gyms.

But the consensus seems to be in on Madonna's turn at comedy: she's just not funny.

The 56-year-old, who describes herself as a 'closet comedian', has been lambasted for her first-ever stand-up routine while taking over The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Thursday.

Yo yo: The 56-year-old singer described herself as a 'closet comedian' before getting up for an 'impromptu' stand up routine. She told jokes about dating a 26-year-old man and her collection of Andy Warhol paintings

'Her three-minute routine was either the biggest bomb in late-night history or the most subversive, introspective critique of superstardom ever broadcast to a mass audience,' The Daily Beast reported.

Crushable added: 'Unfortunately this segment just wasn’t funny, intentionally or unintentionally or anything in between. It was just very confusing, and a little sad. Okay, a lot sad.'

The Chron said it was filled with 'awkward jokes and forced laughter'.

Yahoo went the whole way and said the performance was 'a bomb'.

The routine appeared to be rehearsed, however Madonna and Fallon tried to make it look spur-of-the-moment and impromptu.

'Ladies and gentleman, You're in for a real treat right now. An up and coming comedienne, making her stand-up comedy debut tonight, from Bay City, Michigan, the very funny Madonna,' Jimmy said as Madonna re-entered from behind a curtain.'

Thank you, so great to be here,' the singer laughed after sprinting to the microphone.

She then told a joke about dating a 26-year-old man who was admiring her collection of Andy Warhol paintings.
    'And he goes, wait a minute, you have so many. Did you know the guy?' Madonna said as the punchline and then explained why it was funny.

'So I decided to move up the food chain and started dating a 28-year-old,' she said.

After admiring her Picasso her boy-toy asked if he also painted the Mona Lisa.
    'We broke up,' Madonna said.

'I just wanted to say there is an upside to dating younger guys, that is they're really good with phones,' Madonna joked.

'I crack myself up,' she said at one point.

At another point, which was perhaps the most excruciating, she said of one of her jokes: 'It's funny, isn't it?'

However some commentators said Madge was fantastic.

They pointed out she was just having some fun.
    HitFix called it 'adorable', while Perez Hilton found it 'hilarious'.

Video available on the Daily Mail article - - - (I didn't watch it )

Madonna's first stand-up routine on The Tonight ShowÂ*with forced laughter and awkard silences | Daily Mail Online

The only thing that's funny is that she is dressing like Cher without the lipo.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Madonna's problem is her lack of class. Low class is unattractive at any age, but it gets magnified in an older woman.

Just because your paid staff and yes men laugh at your "jokes" does not mean you can be a comedian. Get back in your unfunny closet.
    ikmccall and arie_skop like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    Okay, I realize Jimmy Fallon is probably pretending to laugh in this pic, but it looks like he's facepalming.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    I'll bet Goopy is steam cleaning the fuck out of that vagina!-MsDark

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Well at least the outfit was funny.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

czb

she may be a sucky actress and a poor comedian (any one of us could predict that she would be lame at stand up), but this chick has balls. it takes a lot of chutzpah to stand up in front of an audience to try comedy. three minutes can be painfully long if no one is laughing ....
    sluce likes this.

I don't know how to insert the pictures, but Drake looks like he's going to vomit after Madonna kisses him:

Madonna Gives a Surprise Performance at Coachella! Watch Her Dream Come True as She Makes Out With Drake | E! Online

Madonna Gives a Surprise Performance at Coachella! Watch Her Dream Come True as She Makes Out With Drake

Madonna is "Living for Love," all right.
    Last month, she revealed to Us Weekly, "The lifelong ambition I still want to fulfill is to go on a dream date with Drake—and only kiss him." The 56-year-old pop singer turned her fantasy into a reality when she made a cameo during the 28-year-old rapper's Coachella set Sunday and they swapped spit onstage.
    It started out innocently enough. Drake introduced his special surprise guest by performing "Madonna," a track off his latest album, If You're Reading This It's Too Late. That was Madonna's cue to make her big entrance, of course. She wore a gold grill and black tee emblazoned with "Big as Madonna," a line from Drake's song, on her chest. Madonna performed two of her hits, "Human Nature" and "Hung Up."
    That's when Madonna went in for the kill.

With Drake sitting in a chair, Madonna hovered over him and stuck her tongue down his throat. He rolled with it as she caressed his chest, but when he tried to play with her hair, she pushed his hand away. Cameras caught Drake wiping his mouth and telling the crowd, "Oh, s--t! What the f--k just happened?"
    Madonna then shouted, "I'm Madonna, bitch!" and left the stage.
    The Drake kiss put Madonna's MTV VMAs kisses with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera to shame!
    The "Ghosttown" singer made sure to share the makeout moment with her Instagram followers. "No caption necessary ..........@coachella. #bestnight #bigasmadonna #bitchimmadonna," Madonna wrote. She also Instagrammed Drake's reaction, writing, "Dont touch the hair! Lol," but later deleted the photo.
    Drake was more into it Monday, Instagramming, "Moments to write home about."

It's no secret that Madonna is into younger men.
    "Most men my age are married with children. They're not datable. I'm a very adventurous person and I also have a crazy life. I'm a single mother. I have four children. I mean, you have to be pretty open-minded and adventurous to want to step into my world," she told The New York Daily News. "People who are older, and more set in their ways, are probably not as adventurous as someone younger."
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

The pictures:

eeyore0101 and sprynkles like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information