Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Madonna, 54, in Gangnam style

I dread to think what she will be like when she turns 60 and carries on with this shit.

Elite Member

I feel like she just does not know how to stop being Madonna.

I am approx her age and am in good shape (though not to her extent) and one of the things I have come to realize is that just because you can still fit into something doesn't mean you should. It's such a simple thing.
    Air Quotes and holly like this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Elite Member

What would be truly edgy and provocative for Madonna would be for her to not try so hard to be edgy and provocative. She is coming off as so desperate and old. I think she could be truly relevant again if she took a step back and matured a bit. She doesn't have to compete with the young stars now. She is an icon. She needs to be herself (whoever that is, since she re-invents so often).

I also do not understand how someone who works out as much as she does moves like such an old, brittle woman. I have more flexibility than she does.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    What would be truly edgy and provocative for Madonna would be for her to not try so hard to be edgy and provocative. She is coming off as so desperate and old. I think she could be truly relevant again if she took a step back and matured a bit. She doesn't have to compete with the young stars now. She is an icon. She needs to be herself (whoever that is, since she re-invents so often).

I also do not understand how someone who works out as much as she does moves like such an old, brittle woman. I have more flexibility than she does.
    That's the reason: she's worked out TOO much and thereby did more harm than good. You know how many pro sporters and fanatic amateurs die because they overdo it. Most of them first start to get all kinds of physical ailments, despite looking "better than they ever did before".
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I think she has osteoporosis - the amount of exercise and the dieting she has done has def taken a toll and that vid shows its really starting to catch up with her.

What would be truly edgy and provocative for Madonna would be for her to not try so hard to be edgy and provocative. She is coming off as so desperate and old. I think she could be truly relevant again if she took a step back and matured a bit.
    During the Ray of Light days, I thought this was what she was trying to do. It'd be a good idea to realize that she doesn't need to become a caricature of herself to stay relevant. I wasn't a fan of her music, but love her or no, she *was* an icon. I think she's diminishing that by trying to be edgy and incorporate pop culture stuff these days, and to me, those efforts come across as a big "try...and fail." It'd be great if she'd just be...mid-50s Madonna.

She was able to set pop-culture on its ear back in the day; it'd be great if she'd just stop the try (to me) and let us have those memories unsullied by current day attempts at remaining relevant.
    sprynkles, tulip and holly like this.

I think I may be scarred for life by these images.
    I'll definitely have nightmares for at least 2 weeks.
    Pass the eye bleach & brain bleach please!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I'm just gonna leave this here:

LMAO! She has really jumped overboard!!!

She's no Tina Turner....who turned 73 today. M has had her neck pulled up so many times it no longer exists! She looks like a puppet.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information