Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Mackenzie Phillips: My family shunned me over incest reveal

Absolutely. Gut feelings are never wrong, they happen for a reason. I mean, I might overestimate a person's niceness/meanness, but never if they're super shady or evil.
    Last edited by Waterslide; February 16th, 2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: fucking typos
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm so sensitive, I'm like a dang cat or dog. I read people very well. I'll sense stuff no one else in the situation does and I'm like "How do ya'll NOT see that?!" and they are all "Oh, stop being so critical." And all the while they are the ones getting deceived.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^I get the "stop being so critical" stuff a lot. I think most people just see what they want to see.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^We all know arseholish people whom everyone adores because they're soooooooo nice and helpful and I'm like "I prefer someone who's abrasive at first sight but a decent person deep down than someone who's all smoke and mirrors". I mean, I ought to know; my father was the superficially charming type. I remember a classmate who told me my father came to her house (I'm sure he checked her out, he definitely liked girls who had entered puberty but retained some childlike qualities) and how lucky I was to have such a great father...
    Bluebonnet, Wisher2 and Brookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I'm so sensitive, I'm like a dang cat or dog. I read people very well. I'll sense stuff no one else in the situation does and I'm like "How do ya'll NOT see that?!" and they are all "Oh, stop being so critical." And all the while they are the ones getting deceived.

Same here.
    Bluebonnet and Wisher2 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    ^I get the "stop being so critical" stuff a lot. I think most people just see what they want to see.
    i used to be more critical. then i realized i was down on some people who were relatively harmless but just not people i want to hang out with. i was totally on about some, but not about others. my judgment is not always so great, but not horrible, either.
    Last edited by czb; February 16th, 2017 at 03:20 PM.

Years ago, when I was in high school, there was this man who went to our church with his wife and family. Everyone is all “Oh, they are so sweet and he is just the nicest man.” Yet everytime I saw him, my skin crawled. I couldn’t put my finger on it, exactly, but he gave me the heebie jeebies. I kept saying to a couple of people, “There is something OFF about him. I don’t know exactly what, but something makes my skin crawl.” Well, they thought I was being all rude because I said that. Sure enough, turns out, he was molesting his own daughter.

I was like:

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The number of times I've said I couldn't take to someone and himself told me I was being judgmental and to stop it and then having to admit to me later on that I was right...
    Wisher2, Bluebonnet and Waterslide like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I've always had a knack for getting along just fine with people who others didn't care for and not getting along with the people that everyone adores. I suspect it's my contrarian nature more than anything about the people themselves, but yeah, anybody who is overly charming is going to get the sideeye from me.
    czb, Kittylady and Waterslide like this.

I make enemies easily.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Agreed to all of the above.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I'm one of those people that hate everyone right off the bat now. I have a tendency to be too nice, trusting and forgiving. I got fucked over many times because of it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information