Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Mackenzie Phillips: My family shunned me over incest reveal

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The second stepmom also denies that John did it. I dont know how anybody ever thinks they could know what someone is capable of. Its not like sick fuck predators have a mark to identify them.
    You can never truly know what someone is capable of, good or bad. Nobody is a mind reader, nobody can see into another person's soul.

Sometimes I think the denials come from an unwillingness to accept that they have unwittingly associated themselves with a person who is capable of such an evil act and that by acknowledging that they have come to realise that it is true they are somehow guilty by association. Other times (like it appears to be with Michelle Phillips) the constant denial comes purely from self interest - in that it would hurt her royalties, Chynna's royalties etc. Some people can't and won't see beyond their own wants and needs. I know of a case where a woman was told her new man was a convicted child molester and not only continued the relationship but also coached her kids not to say anything bad about him when child protection workers got involved but also went into nuclear meltdown against the third party who warned her and then reported her when she wouldn't ditch the guy. To her the fact that he treated HER well was more important than anything else. It still makes my blood boil to remember it and I will never be able to let my hatred of her die for what she exposed her kids to.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

It's a near impossible thing to believe about someone you love.

I may have told this before but old friends of my parents have a son. He was accused of molesting 2 boys. Everyone who knew him stood by him especially his parents. Not because they are sick or greedy but because they loved him and as pointed out before, there is no tell, no one had a clue something was off so no one could believe it. Would any of us really just toss out someone we love at the first accusation? Doubt it. Anyway, the police did a good job and the evidence against him was plain. He is in jail now and will be for a long time. No one defends him anymore. But his parents still love him.

My point is that standing by the accused seems a natural first instinct to those who love him. Also, w/o the above police investigation, I don't think his parents would have ever stopped defending him.
    Brookie, czb, Waterslide and 2 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Ok, on the parents - maybe. I have two grown sons and I'd have a hard time believing it too. But as a mother (or a parent) if your own CHILD came to you and said the other parent was doing these things, I find it disgusting that they're not believed, or even followed up upon.

I realize it would be horrific and the level of denial would be unreal, but come on. These women that stand by their men, in the face of irrefutable evidence, against their own children? I just...can't.

For the record, the above is the kind of situation I'm railing on about here.

I stand by my assertions about Michelle Phillips, as well. Her refusal to believe (and subsequent comments about) Mack is a about pure greed, nothing else.
    Last edited by firebrat1229; February 15th, 2017 at 08:17 AM.
    panic and Wisher2 like this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    To clarify, I do realize Michelle 'Cunt' Phillips isn't Mack's mom, but stepmom.

I was referring to all the so-called "mothers" in the stories we all hear/read about (or hell, even know personally) who don't believe their kids and side with the "father" against them. Thereby fucking them up for life. Full stop.

Any woman who puts a man before her kid doesn't deserve to be a mother to a fucking field mouse, let alone a child.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

What's really sick is that Michelle uses the old abuser's excuse of "don't say anything because it will upset the family." So Mack shouldn't have told the truth because it upset her nieces and nephews to learn that about their grandfather? Like, who the fuck cares? How well did any of them know a guy who died years ago anyway? If they cried about it, GOOD. Then they're showing empathy and compassion that their family member went through something terrible. I don't understand people who think kids shouldn't be upset at upsetting things. Let them be upset, let them take a day off school and most importantly, let them learn the valuable lesson that most abuse is committed by family members and you don't keep secrets about abuse, even when it's someone you love doing it!

If John had been alive, the excuse would've been "don't upset him because he's old," or "don't upset him because he's sick," or "why did you wait so long to say anything."

What's most interesting that the Vanity Fair writer wrote about Michelle's best friend and teenage mentor being Tamar Hodel. Tamar's father was Dr. George Hodel, a prominent L.A. doctor whose son claims he (George) was the Black Dahlia killer. George also sexually abused Tamar and ended up being arrested for raping her. There was a notorious trial in 1949 where George was acquitted because a parade of relatives blamed Tamar for "making up stories." Interestingly, Tamar told Vanity Fair that she could tell Mackenzie Phillips was an incest survivor before ever meeting her and before she went public, when Tamar saw her perform a monologue about rape.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Friends of Ted Bundy were all clutching their pearls too when he got arrested. He was the nice, all American boy next door. No one believed for a minute he commited those horrible rapes and murders. Another example of the narcissistic charm and deception. Typical in any sociopath.
    Brookie, Kittylady, BITTER and 3 others like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

If I remember, Ted had some tells--got caught stealing and lying--but his acquaintances were eager to forgive those and brushed them off because it's hard to reconcile the dark, "off" moments that might show only 5% of the time, with the other 95% of the time he was charismatic and nice.
    Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.

Ted also abused animals as a child. His family dynamic was so fucked up they didn't pay attention to any of them much as I suppose this family did.

I bet as a woman that was married to him it would be hard to admit you had no clue what he was doing or maybe they just feel guilty because they did and did nothing. Hopefully Mackenzie has a support system without the last name Phillips.
    Bluebonnet and Wisher2 like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Ted never got the chance to marry, but he did have a serious girlfriend and she had no clue whatsoever.
    Wisher2 likes this.

^^ And when she started to suspect, she had a hell of time getting to belief.

I'm no way excusing or defending Michelle or whomever. Just talking generally about these situations. It's hard to accept horror this close to your life and the people you love.
    Bluebonnet and gas_chick like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    This was the reaction when the Vanity Fair author who wrote the profile of Michelle called up Michelle after Mack's revelations (the author BTW seems to think the allegations are true, having gotten hints of something disturbing when interviewing people like Genevieve Waite):
    And the book has come out just at the time that Chynna [a onetime member of the group Wilson Phillips] has to go out on the road with her new album [of Christian music], Chynna and Vaughan. She said, ‘Mom, what am I gonna do—not promote my album?’ So she’s going out today, head held high.”
    FFS, who the hell would have cared about Chynna and "going out on the road" with her Christian music album? Well goody for her she held her head high. Next time, Mackenzie should reveal her experiences of incest at a more convenient time than when such a momentous occasion is occurring. WTF? I concur, Michelle is a cunt and a narcissist.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I have to say that, reading this thread, I love you people (well, except for one person, but we all know who that is).

edit : about Ted Bunty, people who are too charming and nice, I never trust.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    I have to say that, reading this thread, I love you people (well, except for one person, but we all know who that is).

edit : about Ted Bunty, people who are too charming and nice, I never trust.
    This. A million times. If everything seems too perfect, something is UP. I definitely don't trust that.

It will take me years of having daily in-person interactions and experiences before I trust anyone. And even then you don't really know what people are capable of in new situations. This is why I don't have many friends, and I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    This. A million times. If everything seems too perfect, something is UP. I definitely don't trust that.

It will take me years of having daily in-person interactions and experiences before I trust anyone. And even then you don't really know what people are capable of in new situations. This is why I don't have many friends, and I'm ok with that.
    And even then...but I totally know where you're coming from.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Also: Always trust your gut instinct. It doesn't matter if everyone else thinks a person is nice/funny/great, if your gut is telling you something ain't right then listen to it and be on your guard.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information