Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Mackenzie Phillips: My family shunned me over incest reveal

Bronze Member

^^^ Boom! Mi drop!
    BITTER and sprynkles like this.
    I'm Wisher, new & improved version.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    So Michelle Phillips was more pissed not because she thought that Mackenzie was lying or airing dirty family laundry for notoriety, but that the revelations would keep her from cashing in on the legacy of the Mamas and Papas? That is so odious. Did she do anything in the group other than shake a tambourine and be passably pretty?
    Not really. She certainly didn't have the vocal chops or stage presence Mama Cass did.
    BITTER, Mrs P, Waterslide and 1 others like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I remember reading that Cass resented her a bit for being the lesser talent...
    Waterslide likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I remember reading that Cass resented her a bit for being the lesser talent...
    I'm sure she did.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Cass also hated Michelle for having an affair with Denny Doherty. Michelle knew Cass had a crush on Denny and so slept with him just to prove she could. Then John found out and fired Michelle from the band (later she came back when she agreed to play wifey to John again) and Cass ended up quitting because John allegedly said something awful to her and Michelle didn't stand up for her so Cass realized they weren't her friends. Of course after Cass' death Michelle tried to claim they were the bestest of friends. Denny ended up really fucked up, though, feeling guilty that he hadn't been there for Cass, but at the time he bought what Michelle and John were telling him about Cass and didn't realize until it was too late (he later found out John was raping Mackenzie and while Denny's since passed, his family been supportive to Mackenzie).

The sad thing is that Mackenzie is mostly positive about Michelle in her book, she said she considered her one of her "three moms." However, Michelle is a huge hypocrite because she constantly brings up Mackenzie's drug use as a reason why she can't be trusted when Michelle was constantly on drugs during the time little kid Mackenzie was in her care. The whole reason Mackenzie became a drug addict is because while growing up, John and Michelle were constantly doing drugs and partying in the home despite the presence of little kids.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    And anyone who views anther person as property is an abuser. Whether is be emotional or physical (beatings), or something as heinous as incest.

I absolutely agree but I also believe that organized religions and the systems of jurisprudence that we have, reinforce this view of children as property of the parents. Only when decisions are made exclusively in the best interest of the child will this viewpoint ever really change. Lip service is paid to the idea that legal decisions are made to benefit children rather than the parents but this is frequently not the case.

So Michelle Phillips was more pissed not because she thought that Mackenzie was lying or airing dirty family laundry for notoriety, but that the revelations would keep her from cashing in on the legacy of the Mamas and Papas? That is so odious. Did she do anything in the group other than shake a tambourine and be passably pretty?
    Nope.
    BITTER and Waterslide like this.

The sad thing is that Mackenzie is mostly positive about Michelle in her book, she said she considered her one of her "three moms." However, Michelle is a huge hypocrite because she constantly brings up Mackenzie's drug use as a reason why she can't be trusted when Michelle was constantly on drugs during the time little kid Mackenzie was in her care. The whole reason Mackenzie became a drug addict is because while growing up, John and Michelle were constantly doing drugs and partying in the home despite the presence of little kids.
    My mother didn't even flinch when I told her I was an alcoholic...because when we were kids, they'd let us taste the drink that they made at house parties...and the next day the first thing my brother and would do when we got up (Mom and Dad were sleeping it off), would be to go downstairs and look for half full glasses of Taylor's Port or Hereford Cow (two of Mom's faves; Dad drank hardcore corn liquor-ugh). It seems so cute and innocent at the time, letting Junior and little Kathy take a toke off of a joint or let them sip your rum and coke...SMH
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Ok, I'll just flat out say it - Michelle Phillips is a cunt.

Also, in my mind any so-called 'mother' who refuses to believe, or assist, her child - and sides with the father, well - they are EQUALLY if not MORE vile, IMO.

Someone who molests their child is a sick bastard. Sick, twisted, evil. But someone who enables and cosigns it.. Yeah, WORSE. They deserve every bit of jail time as would the molester. Period.

I feel like I need a shower. I, too, believe Mack - and in case I didn't say it loudly enough earlier - Michelle Phillips is a CUNT.
    LaFolie, BITTER, mostroop and 12 others like this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

She's not Mackenzie's birth mother, is she?
    Bluebonnet likes this.

No, stepmom. Well, the first stepmom.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The second stepmom also denies that John did it. I dont know how anybody ever thinks they could know what someone is capable of. Its not like sick fuck predators have a mark to identify them.

Geneviève Waïte, who was John's wife at the time MacKenzie claimed the incest first began, denies the allegations, saying they were inconsistent with his character.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

To clarify, I do realize Michelle 'Cunt' Phillips isn't Mack's mom, but stepmom.

I was referring to all the so-called "mothers" in the stories we all hear/read about (or hell, even know personally) who don't believe their kids and side with the "father" against them. Thereby fucking them up for life. Full stop.

Any woman who puts a man before her kid doesn't deserve to be a mother to a fucking field mouse, let alone a child.

This was the reaction when the Vanity Fair author who wrote the profile of Michelle called up Michelle after Mack's revelations (the author BTW seems to think the allegations are true, having gotten hints of something disturbing when interviewing people like Genevieve Waite):

When I called Michelle Phillips at her home in L.A. yesterday she was typically forthright. “I’m so embarrassed—and mad,” she said. “At Oprah, at the publisher, and at Mackenzie, who should be on a psychiatrist’s couch, not on TV.” Michelle is not quite ready to concede that her former husband and the father of her daughter, Chynna Phillips, could have committed such heinous acts. “Is this all true? We’ll never know, because she waited until John was dead,” she said, adding that she was worried about how the news will impact other members of the Phillips family. “If you’re going to make these accusations and they don’t hurt anyone living, that’s one thing. But Mackenzie has affected the lives of all her nieces and nephews, who are not going to school today and are staying home sobbing instead. And the book has come out just at the time that Chynna [a onetime member of the group Wilson Phillips] has to go out on the road with her new album [of Christian music], Chynna and Vaughan. She said, ‘Mom, what am I gonna do—not promote my album?’ So she’s going out today, head held high.”
    Waterslide and Wisher2 like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

^^ Just curious. Is there a word out there worse than cunt? Because if so, I amend my previous statement: Michelle Phillips is a whatever word is worse than cunt.

Kittylady, BITTER, Wisher2 and 1 others like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information