Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Mackenzie Phillips: My family shunned me over incest reveal

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Shortly before Mack's revelations, there was a fawning profile of Michelle in Vanity Fair. It was all about how she was the queen of California rock and the guardian of the Mamas and the Papas' image and the bearer of John's torch. When Mackenzie told her secrets, I knew Michelle would flip her shit. She'd been counting on a comeback in the public eye and no doubt making a bunch of money on Mamas and Papas reissues and reviving the band's image. The incest revelations totally ruined that and Michelle's ambitions to be a Priscilla Presley figure.

The irony is that if Michelle supported Mackenzie and was horrified, no one would think she was involved. But her denials and attacks on Mackenzie in favor of John had led people to think Michelle knew something was up at the time and didn't do anything about it.

What's sad is that Denny and Cass were good people and they're forever chained to the two pieces of shit, Michelle and John. I also feel sorry for Chyna, who caught shit from her mother for standing by her sister.
    I think you're right, its about the money for her and her future royalties, and too preserving HER reputation I remember on the Oprah interview they called Chyna and she'd confirmed hat Mackenzie told her years ago.
    I'm Wisher, new & improved version.

The whole idea makes me want to projectile vomit. If Mackenzie is a remotely functioning human being at all after this nightmare, she's got more fortitude than most.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The whole idea makes me want to projectile vomit. If Mackenzie is a remotely functioning human being at all after this nightmare, she's got more fortitude than most.
    Agree completely. It is amazing how she appears to have overcome.
    Wisher2, BITTER, panic and 1 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm convinced that incest is so pervasive in society that it would appall any thinking human being if they suspected it. During the course of a two week period I found out that 8 women I know were victims of incest. There were 5 siblings in one family who were raped repeatedly by their father over many years. Yesterday, I found out about two more people who were also victims of the same crime. I can't even begin to imagine how many other people I know are victims of the same horrific abuse and are too scared or ashamed to come forward. And I don't have a large circle of friends. The percentage of children who are victims of this crime must be astronomically high. What the hell is wrong with people?!
    Wisher2, Mrs P and mopar like this.

A good acquaintance of mine in San Diego, many years ago told me about her mother's response when she informed her that she had been molested and raped by her own father for years.

"Well, whaddya expect, he wasn't getting it from me, was he?". SMH...

I at first thought that Mackenzie was being a bit too TMI-ish about it all, but I've definitely had a change of heart. And she's managed to raise a healthy and happy son, they seem to have a good relationship.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles View Post
    I'm convinced that incest is so pervasive in society that it would appall any thinking human being if they suspected it. During the course of a two week period I found out that 8 women I know were victims of incest. There were 5 siblings in one family who were raped repeatedly by their father over many years. Yesterday, I found out about two more people who were also victims of the same crime. I can't even begin to imagine how many other people I know are victims of the same horrific abuse and are too scared or ashamed to come forward. And I don't have a large circle of friends. The percentage of children who are victims of this crime must be astronomically high. What the hell is wrong with people?!
    This is sickening. There's this televangelist, Joyce Meyer, who was repeatedly forced to have sex with her father from like age 10 to the time she left home, right at 18. She preaches and writes books for incest victims about dealing with their shame and trauma. I know she's helped alot of people. What few times I've come across her on TV, she fills stadiums and it's 98% women. Makes you wonder just how many of them were molested.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; February 9th, 2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Wisher2 likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I did not know that about her. Yikes.
    Nevan and Wisher2 like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I did not know that about her. Yikes.
    About Joyce Meyer? Yep. And her mom did NOTHING.
    Wisher2 likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Disgusting. Both should have been locked away.
    Bluebonnet, Wisher2 and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    My husband got a call one day to go pick up a man for questioning who had allegedly raped and sodomized his 6 year old daughter according to the mother, who had taken the injured child and fled. The daughter came home from an outing with her dad complaining that her bottom hurt and she couldn't tee tee. My husband called me on the way over there and told me to pray for him because he honestly wasn't sure what he would do when he arrived at the house.
    When he arrived at the house, he discovered that the man had committed suicide prior to his arrival. That's not at all what I was praying for, but hey, sometimes things just work out.
    The hubs informed his supervisor to remove him from juvenile crimes division or accept his resignation. That man's evil actions were the final straw for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Thank you, but I'm not very supportive. I'm on him every day to retire. He's actually one of the good ones, and the shit and injustice he sees every day wears on him.

On another note, I read somewhere that the occupation with the highest divorce rate is pilots. Number two is police officers. Guess between us it's a miracle we've made it this long
    And there is a pretty big burnout rate for anyone working anywhere near child welfare, and sadly it's always the ones who actually care that burn out the fastest. I've seen some child welfare workers who just don't give a flying fuck, which is doubly tragic. I'm glad your husband is one of the good guys, but I can understand the stress that comes with that.

I think I've said it before, but people don't realize that when a kid is raped, even once, it's not just a "bad day" and oh, great, they get some therapy and they're good to go. This stays with children for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    This is sickening. There's this televangelist, Joyce Meyer, who was repeatedly forced to have sex with her father from like age 10 to the time she left home, right at 18. She preaches and writes books for incest victims about dealing with their shame and trauma. I know she's helped alot of people. What few times I've come across her on TV, she fills stadiums and it's 98% women. Makes you wonder just how many of them were molested.
    I had never heard of Joyce Meyer until a few months ago, but I know a couple of coworkers who read her books and follow her career. I had no idea that she went through that, though.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    A good acquaintance of mine in San Diego, many years ago told me about her mother's response when she informed her that she had been molested and raped by her own father for years.

"Well, whaddya expect, he wasn't getting it from me, was he?". SMH...

I at first thought that Mackenzie was being a bit too TMI-ish about it all, but I've definitely had a change of heart. And she's managed to raise a healthy and happy son, they seem to have a good relationship.
    My mom told her mother at about age 5 that her father was molesting her. My grandmother told her to shut up. Mom forgave him on his death bed. After he died. And of course, I'm tasked with NEVER bringing this up to his second family (6 kids around my age), and left wondering if it happened to any of them. And, I'll never ask. And, I'll be honest if they ask me anything. It sucks.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I want to know why? Why are they doing it? What is going on in the minds of parents (mostly men) who do this to their own, or any children. Just WTF???
    Wisher2 and I'mNotBitter like this.

I worked with someone many years ago who had a child who was fathered by her own father. She was absolutely devoted to her daughter but her amazingly she allowed her father to remain in both of their lives. I often marveled at her ability for forgiveness.
    Brookie likes this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    I worked with someone many years ago who had a child who was fathered by her own father. She was absolutely devoted to her daughter but her amazingly she allowed her father to remain in both of their lives. I often marveled at her ability for forgiveness.
    There's forgiveness for your mental health. But forgiveness doesn't mean you have to allow your abuser to still be in your life.

I wouldn't leave him alone with her daughter. If he did it to his daughter, he will also do it to the daughter he fathered with his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    My mom told her mother at about age 5 that her father was molesting her. My grandmother told her to shut up. Mom forgave him on his death bed. After he died. And of course, I'm tasked with NEVER bringing this up to his second family (6 kids around my age), and left wondering if it happened to any of them. And, I'll never ask. And, I'll be honest if they ask me anything. It sucks.
    Brookie, how awful for your mom. I'm sorry to hear this.
    Wisher2, Brookie and Waterslide like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information