Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: L'Wren Scott, g/f of Mick Jagger, dead of apparent suicide

If she owed as much to creditors as has been reported, there probably won't be much, if anything left.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

the article says her estate is valued at $9M but i would be very surprised if her house was paid off unless mick bought it for her...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

From a Daily Mail article linked earlier in the thread:

Records show that Scott’s apartment was bought for $5.6million in 2010 by a holding company called Scottland Management. A 2012 mortgage for $1.25million was paid off last year.

The article also said she owed $6m to creditors...so who knows.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Her fashion business which is based in the UK is owned, on paper at least, by an American parent company according to WWD. I'm not sure how this will play out in business debt vs. personal estate.
    Shinola likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If it's a corp or an LLC, won't her personal assets be protected?

mjw
    Elite Member

L'Wren Scott's sister says she "deserved more" than her funeral in Los Angeles.

Jan Shane has slammed out at the late fashion designer's grieving partner Sir Mick Jagger and accused him of "hijacking" her memorial, after he planned it to take place in Los Angeles, insisting her sibling - whose real name was Luann Bambrough - should have been laid to rest alongside their parents in their hometown of Ogden, Utah.

Jan said: "It's become a media circus, it's so not how Luann would have wanted it.

"She has been away from home for so long, this is her place, not in some strange cemetery in Los Angeles. It has no connection, but it's Mick and his kids that are making all the decisions.
    "He hijacked this funeral. Yes, he was with her for 13 years, but family is family, that's what it boils down to.

"She's going to be alone there at this cemetery. I wish it had been handled differently. I hate to believe that it's become a showbiz, fake funeral - she deserves more. She's a human being, she made a life that was hers, not his. She deserves to be remembered for herself.

"She'll be buried and passed away as Mick's girlfriend, not Luann Bambrough or L'Wren Scott. It's so far blown out of proportion, she's a human being, she deserves more."

It has emerged that the Rolling Stones rocker - who had been in a relationship with L'Wren for 13 years until her suicide earlier this month - is the sole beneficiary of the designer's will but Jan has vowed to fight for the return of some personal items.

She told MailOnline website: "I would assume she had a Will, I'm not really sure. But I know after mum passed away, L'Wren took pictures away from the family home. They were my childhood, I want them back, I hate to think they're gone forever, it's our memories of growing up. The Jagger family doesn't need them, they're our memories from our childhood.

"She had things of mum's that have no use for anyone else, but there's some nieces and nephews that would want them. I would like it kept in the family, they don't need to be destroyed or given away."

L'Wren's brother Randall Bambrough was the only family member to attend the private funeral service at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery on Tuesday (25.03.14).

L'Wren Scott's sister blasts funeral - Starpulse.com

Tragic fashion designer L’Wren Scott’s cremated ashes were split between her family and longtime boyfriend, Mick Jagger, her brother told the Daily News on Wednesday.

Just hours after Scott’s will was filed in Manhattan Surrogate’s Court, leaving everything she owned to the Rolling Stones frontman, her brother said he plans to take Scott’s ashes to her childhood home in Utah.

“She was cremated and I have some of her ashes,” said the brother, Randall Bambrough. “Some of those ashes, they will be buried near our parents here in Utah. And there will be a ceremony, date to be determined, in Utah for all family members who will have an opportunity to see their friends and others.”

He said he divvied the ashes with Jagger, but he’s not sure what the singer plans to do with them.

“They’re with the Jagger family. That’s all I can say,” said Bambrough, whom Scott had appointed as director of her faltering fashion business in November.

He said Tuesday’s funeral in Los Angeles was in keeping with Scott’s wishes and that she wanted Jagger to be in charge of the arrangements.

He said he wasn’t privy to details of his 49-year-old sister’s will.

PreviousNext

Enlarge

JOE KOHEN

“I haven’t heard anything at all about a will, other than there’s supposedly one out there,” Bambrough said.

EXCLUSIVE: L'Wren Scott's ashes split between family, beau as her will reveals $9M estate goes to Mick Jagger - NY Daily News

Ok, so her sister says she'll be buried alone, when in reality she was cremated. As for the rest, sounds like a real case of sour grapes. Didn't an earlier article say they'd been estranged for several years?

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

If L'Wren Scott was cremated and the ashes divided among Mick and her family, then I don't know why the sister just doesn't hold a service in Utah and inter all or part of her share of the ashes at the family cemetery.

ETA:
    Regarding her striking out "never" in the statement asserting that she had never been married before, she was married previously so it seems to me like she correcting an erroneous statement.

I would hardly say this was a showbiz fake funeral. At least it didn't seem like it. I can see the sister requesting the personal items that would have meaning to her and the family (i.e. the pictures and such) but I would think she could have approached Mick and asked for them.

Also, Mick wasn't legally her husband, so unless her will stated what she wanted, her family could have done whatever they wanted as the next of kin. Or, they gave Mick permission. Right?

I'm guessing since she made Mick the sole beneficiary, she may have also named him to take care of the funeral arrangements. Also, it sounds like her brother participated as well. The sister decided to stay home and bitch about it to the tabloids. Sounds like there might have been good reason that they were estranged. I agree it's ok for her to request family mementos, but do it in a respectful way.

At my mom's funeral, her asshole brother who she hadn't spoken to in years (his wishes) came up to me and started asking for some family pictures my mom had taken when my grandmother died. Making sure to tell me he was mad that she took them because HE wanted them. I was polite, but the more I thought about it the more it pissed me off. Not that he asked, but the way he asked, and when he asked. He couldn't wait until we buried her? And nope, I never sent them to him.

Seems like Mick and her brother are carrying out her wishes to the letter. Betting the sister is shopping a tell all of bullshit book right now.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I am sorry that happened. I think the sister should have had the good grace to keep quiet. Her love was for MicK Jagger. She made it very clear. So tragic.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Wonder how she came up with the name L'Wren Scott from Luann Baumbaugh?

This was an interesting article from 4 years ago.

http://www.lwrenscott.com/images/pre..._July_2010.pdf
    Jazzy and Shinola like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

fgg

^interesting. wiki says she was named laura then nicknamed luann. it would make more sense if her name was lauren and she just tried to jazz it up.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    And of course the press is reporting that Mick had two former gf's who attempted suicide, (Chrissie Shrimpton and Marianne Faithfull, 100 or so years ago) so that only adds to the "blame Mick, he was cheating on her" crap.
    It's curious that this has occurred more than once. Either he's drawn to women who have this particular vulnerability (and perhaps explains why he married thankfully tougher nuts) or - as per the press implication - he drives them to it. Personally, I find it hard to imagine that infidelity would be the chief reason. I would have thought that it's more likely to drive women to murder than suicide (or is that just me?!?) So is there another suggestion, perhaps - that he's somehow mentally or emotionally abusive?

I'm sorry that a beautiful and talented woman felt so desperate and hopeless that she killed herself, but I'd guess this had more to do with wider issues of money, shame and feelings of abandonment, loneliness and despair than the fact that her permanently priapic boyfriend was still dipping his wick elsewhere after 10+ years.

I don't care for Mick Jagger myself, but a man who can inspire the kind of long-term love and devotion displayed by some of his partners (and in spite of his womanizing) perhaps can't be all bad. On the other hand, wives and girlfriends often go back to abusive men for many years before they finally give up, so maybe that's rubbish. Still, regardless of whether he was or wasn't partly to blame, if there's any normal decency left in the man he'll at least feel guilty - if not for causing it, then for not having done enough to prevent it.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information