Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: L'Wren Scott, g/f of Mick Jagger, dead of apparent suicide

^ How the Rolling Stones are still alive is one of life's biggest mysteries!

I feel sorry for Mick, that's a horrible way to lose your partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ How the Rolling Stones are still alive is one of life's biggest mysteries!

I feel sorry for Mick, that's a horrible way to lose your partner.

i bet he's totally blaming himself for it. and i don't think she did it because he was cheating, you would have to live under a rock to not know what jagger is like. i think she was supremely depressed over her own personal issues. poor lady.

And of course the press is reporting that Mick had two former gf's who attempted suicide, (Chrissie Shrimpton and Marianne Faithfull, 100 or so years ago) so that only adds to the "blame Mick, he was cheating on her" crap.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    How on earth she hanged herself from a doorknob?She was a giantess..
    Sorry to be a bit morbid but:

It's not technically hanging since you aren't actually 'hanging'.

A suspension hanging would take a long time to die because you'd die of suffocation (constriction of the windpipe) which would still allow blood to flow through your carotid artery in your neck to your brain. They could attempt to compress the carotid artery by placing the knot in the noose in the right place, but after a drop or a lift (ie. Iran) it's not sure that the knot would remain in the same place to do the constriction there.

So that's why executioners would give the condemned the 'long drop' in leiu of an actual suspension hanging. If they calculated the correct distance for the drop (based on the height of the person) their neck would snap and they'd be dead almost instantaneously and they're less lengthy or distressing (to onlookers) than a suspension hanging.

You can sit or kneel and use gravity to hang yourself from say, a doorknob if you tie one end of (say) a scarf to the doorknob and tie a knot in the scarf before placing it around your neck. Then if you place it correctly so that when you lean forward the knot constricts your carotid artery thereby cutting off of blood flow to your brain, it would render you unconscious in a short time and would kill you while you were unconscious. If you don't, the effect of suffocation might cause you to stop prematurely or your survival instinct will kick in and you'll stop.

The reason I know about this is because a Swedish guy (Marcus Jannes) actually hung himself from a doorknob while his webcam was rolling, and I was wondering how the hell you could hang yourself from a doorknob as well!
    effie2 likes this.

Pronounced La ren,not Lau-ren
    Annika and hustle4alivin like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You never know the truth behind a smiling person. Sometimes those that are depressed seem the happiest in public.
    dexter7, *DIVA!, Catty and 7 others like this.

JANUS,thanks for explaining,yes morbid and frightening..lots of gentler ways to go...
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Pronounced La ren,not Lau-ren
    thanks, i tried to look for videos about her but my youtube hasn't worked for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I agree. Most people who choose to end their lives have lost the ability to grip the big picture so their choice is not brave or courageous IMO. However, I do believe it is courageous and brave when one chooses to end their lives because they have a terminal illness. That is a well thought out plan in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    thank you sluce I was about to think how to write that down. my mother was in that position and I can tell you that this is a very very courageous decision to do so. even if you know that this is the most dignified way to go in that situation it's beyond imagination to have to do this decision. I think that is why I might be more sensitive about suicide in general than other people, I don't know. But generally, it is a decision to do for yourself, and only for yourself. No right to judge, nobody lived your life but you. The only thing I really think it's not okay is to involve other people like jumping in front of a train. Several people I know were bystanders once and that's nothing you'll ever forget. And also, the train operator has nothing to do with your decision - don't ruin his life, too.
    Exactly, both of you.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Jesus - Now Extra is reporting that she wanted to settle down and start a family.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

czb

^^^ mick's the wrong guy for that. way wrong ....

i wouldn't want to start a family with a 70 year old. nevermind mick jagger.

that's just my opinion.
    Voodoo Child likes this.

What does Extra know anyway?
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

That sounds to me like the media trying to blame Mick
    McJag, *DIVA!, gas_chick and 2 others like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Extra claims they were told this by friends of L'Wren. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information